PDA

View Full Version : Going to Milan tomorrow for a few days. I don't know why people say it's ****

Pat Vegas
10-13-2016, 09:52 AM
I quite like it.

Even Italians slag it off.

Burney
10-13-2016, 09:52 AM
I quite like it.

It's because it's basically a German city with Italians in it.

Pat Vegas
10-13-2016, 09:54 AM
It's because it's basically a German city with Italians in it.

Some of it reminds me of Vienna or Bucharest.

Other Italian observations are.
They make fun of fast food like McDonalds yet everyone I see in Italy is completely packed with people. I am excluding the city centre wons full of tourists.

Sir C
10-13-2016, 09:56 AM
I quite like it.

It's not the nicest by Italian standards, is it? On the other hand, it's got Italians all over the place, and Italian food and Italian coffee, so it's better than Peckham.

It's also the bithplace of the Negroni, I believe.

Pat Vegas
10-13-2016, 09:59 AM
It's not the nicest by Italian standards, is it? On the other hand, it's got Italians all over the place, and Italian food and Italian coffee, so it's better than Peckham.

First thing I check on the map before I go anywhere is where the
chitarra shop are located.

Burney
10-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Some of it reminds me of Vienna or Bucharest.

Other Italian observations are.
They make fun of fast food like McDonalds yet everyone I see in Italy is completely packed with people. I am excluding the city centre wons full of tourists.

Well it was part of the Austro-Hungarian empire for a long time, so that's not altogether surprising.

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 10:00 AM

In fairness, Via Triboniano makes Peckham look like Knightsbridge.

Pat Vegas
Well it was part of the Austro-Hungarian empire for a long time, so that's not altogether surprising.

And the fact I didn't know that is also not surprising.

Sir C

Is that the one with the trannies?

Burney

Negronis - there's a thing. They became my nightcap of choice in the piazza in Cefalu this summer and seemed to fit the temperature and mood perfectly. Get back to blighty and I have absolutely no interest in drinking one. Odd.

Sir C
10-13-2016, 10:01 AM
Negroni's there's a thing. They became my nightcap of choice in the piazza in Cefalu this summer and seemed to fit the temperature and mood perfectly. Get back to blighty and I have absolutely no interest in drinking one. Odd.

Negroni's what?

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 10:02 AM

No. Eastern european pikies.

Burney
10-13-2016, 10:02 AM

Can't see any in this picture. :-\

Sir C
10-13-2016, 10:03 AM

Looks like Peckham.

Burney
10-13-2016, 10:06 AM
Negroni's what?

Changed it. :vsign: The autocorrect on Macs is a fùcking nightmare and I've no idea how to turn it off.

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 10:06 AM
Negronis - there's a thing. They became my nightcap of choice in the piazza in Cefalu this summer and seemed to fit the temperature and mood perfectly. Get back to blighty and I have absolutely no interest in drinking one. Odd.

Different matter at home, ain't it.

Burney
10-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Different matter at home, ain't it.

Yes. Outside on a sweltering Sicilian night, everything about it seemed appropriate - the bitterness, the citrus, the herbaceousness.

In Hertfordshire, on the other hand, it would feel entirely incongruous.

Pat Vegas
10-13-2016, 10:15 AM
Changed it. :vsign: The autocorrect on Macs is a fùcking nightmare and I've no idea how to turn it off.

:hehe: When you turn it off it thinks you made a mistake and turns it back on.

Burney
10-13-2016, 10:22 AM
:hehe: When you turn it off it thinks you made a mistake and turns it back on.

I fùcking hate it, p.

Pat Vegas
10-13-2016, 10:27 AM
I fùcking hate it, p.

My office computer turns my speak American dude. Like I could easily change it but I like being pissed.

I will Reach out to IT who like sit like next to like Accounting. Maybe they can look at it on the weekend, Radical.
totally like unawesome like.

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 10:32 AM
I fùcking hate it, p.

Fairplay to them though, they *do* make the best kit. By some distance.

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 10:36 AM
Yes. Outside on a sweltering Sicilian night, everything about it seemed appropriate - the bitterness, the citrus, the herbaceousness.

In Hertfordshire, on the other hand, it would feel entirely incongruous.

That's the thing about living abroad, I guess. Or anyway, living in a place that's, all things considered, exactly where you want to be; *everything* is exotic and *every* day is like being on holiday.

Pat Vegas
10-13-2016, 10:42 AM
That's the thing about living abroad, I guess. Or anyway, living in a place that's, all things considered, exactly where you want to be; *everything* is exotic and *every* day is like being on holiday.

as I am a bit weird i like the subtle things.
like the traffic lights or perhaps the noise crossing makes when cross the road.

Ash
10-13-2016, 01:27 PM

Some nice bits of Peckham these days. Though they are generally called East Dulwich by now. OTOH, Knightsbridge is one of the worst places in London if your idea of comfort doesn't include the constant ear-splitting bark and roar of boy racers in their sports cars burning up and down the streets.

Ash
10-13-2016, 01:29 PM

Can't see that - broken link. But here's a picture of some old trannies.
http://blog.caranddriver.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Ford-Transit-Vans-1071-626x382.jpg

Ash
10-13-2016, 01:34 PM
Can't see that - broken link. But here's a picture of some old trannies.

And here are some more trannies.

http://img.audiofanzine.com/images/u/product/normal/carlsbro-scorpion-bass-78374.jpg

https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/v1447878256/Bandit_nzykls.jpg

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 01:36 PM
And here are some more trannies.

http://img.audiofanzine.com/images/u/product/normal/carlsbro-scorpion-bass-78374.jpg

https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/v1447878256/Bandit_nzykls.jpg

What's the difference between "gain" and "volume" A?
Does "gain" go up to 11?

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 01:39 PM
as I am a bit weird i like the subtle things.
like the traffic lights or perhaps the noise crossing makes when cross the road.

Yep. Agreed.

Ash
10-13-2016, 01:41 PM
What's the difference between "gain" and "volume" A?
Does "gain" go up to 11?

Gain is usually the pre-amp. It overdrives the main amp to provide distortion. Though nasty transistor amp distortion could be seen (or rather heard) to be more loss than gain. Ha ha. Ha. #valvesnob

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 01:43 PM
Gain is usually the pre-amp. It overdrives the main amp to provide distortion. Though nasty transistor amp distortion could be seen (or rather heard) to be more loss than gain. Ha ha. Ha. #valvesnob

Thanks mate
Complete gibberish but thanks all the same

Ash
10-13-2016, 01:45 PM
Thanks mate
Complete gibberish but thanks all the same

Executive summary: Distortion knob.

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 01:45 PM
Some nice bits of Peckham these days. Though they are generally called East Dulwich by now. OTOH, Knightsbridge is one of the worst places in London if your idea of comfort doesn't include the constant ear-splitting bark and roar of boy racers in their sports cars burning up and down the streets.

Money always *sounds* good.

I like Peckham. My big sister lives off Lordship Lane. On visits there as a kid, I would get my hair cut at the legendary Dave's International. We all used to play rounders on The Rye.

Ash
10-13-2016, 01:50 PM
I like Peckham. My big sister lives off Lordship Lane. On visits there as a kid, I would get my hair cut at the legendary Dave's International. We all used to play rounders on The Rye.

Good man. You can see the otherwise underground River Peck running through the Rye. :cloud9: #lostriverspod

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 01:51 PM
Good man. You can see the otherwise underground River Peck running through the Rye. :cloud9: #lostriverspod

Right. Very good.

Ash
10-13-2016, 01:54 PM
Money always *sounds* good.

Don't get me wrong. I like the roar of a sports car - but in the right place, which is at a race circuit. Excuse my boargoysey snobbery, but there's nothing more ridiculous than a sports car in a congested city.

Pat Vegas
10-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Executive summary: Distortion knob.

:cloud9: + 10 characters

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 02:01 PM
Ridiculous is right, imo. Heroically, monumentally so. Now, I'm not a flash motor sort myself, unlike some dear-departed trotskyites I could mention, but the point is that they are *money*. That's the important thing to keep in mind.