Sir C
10-13-2016, 08:02 AM
For the first time in almost 30 years.
Fúcking Mumfords couldn't lace The Band's boots :cry: :cry:

Neil Diamond :cloud9: "Top that!" :hehe:

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 08:05 AM
Neil Diamond :cloud9: "Top that!" :hehe:

Garth Hudson is probably one of my favourite musicians ever.Being a musical genius is one thing but to to be this mad Michael Bentine/Mozart hybrid is a thing of beauty.

Sir C
10-13-2016, 08:11 AM
Garth Hudson is probably one of my favourite musicians ever.Being a musical genius is one thing but to to be this mad Michael Bentine/Mozart hybrid is a thing of beauty.

I know **** all about him, to be fair. Canadian, I assume? Probably a bit dull then.

You know they had to go through the film frame by frame to remove the mahoosive lump of charlie poking out of Neil Young's nose? :hehe:

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 08:16 AM
I know **** all about him, to be fair. Canadian, I assume? Probably a bit dull then.

You know they had to go through the film frame by frame to remove the mahoosive lump of charlie poking out of Neil Young's nose? :hehe:

"No drugs were harmed in the making of this motion picture"
3 Canadians/2 Southern Belles innit

World's End Stella
10-13-2016, 08:42 AM

IAFHYK

10 ****ing characters

Burney
10-13-2016, 08:43 AM
For the first time in almost 30 years.
Fúcking Mumfords couldn't lace The Band's boots :cry: :cry:

I have decided recently that I no longer care about anything to do with any band or singer other than their music. I don't want to hear their tedious backstory or find out 'what they're really like' or even what such and such said to Whatchermebollix in Laurel Canyon in 1971. All I give a toss about is the music they produce.

That's right. I've gone properly Roland Barthes on it. I'm fed up with a bunch of irrelevant narrative about someone being used to bolster or in some cases prop up musical reputations.

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 08:59 AM
I have decided recently that I no longer care about anything to do with any band or singer other than their music. I don't want to hear their tedious backstory or find out 'what they're really like' or even what such and such said to Whatchermebollix in Laurel Canyon in 1971. All I give a toss about is the music they produce.

That's right. I've gone properly Roland Barthes on it. I'm fed up with a bunch of irrelevant narrative about someone being used to bolster or in some cases prop up musical reputations.

A sound philosophy imo

World's End Stella
10-13-2016, 09:02 AM
A sound philosophy imo

Oh, I don't know. Most of what you read in this regard is pretty dull, but with the massive exception of the Stones in Nellcote during the summer of 71.

That's dead cool.

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 09:04 AM
Oh, I don't know. Most of what you read in this regard is pretty dull, but with the massive exception of the Stones in Nellcote during the summer of 71.

That's dead cool.

Oh I can think of at least dozens of artists that I would rather kick in the hole than spend 5 minutes in their company

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 09:07 AM
Oh I can think of at least dozens of artists that I would rather kick in the hole than spend 5 minutes in their company

In saying that I did spend one amazeballs evening in the company of the James Brown All-Stars :cloud9:

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 09:48 AM

Yes, I've always felt that way. That stuff is irrelevant at best and can turn pretty nasty at worst, for both player and punter alike.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-14-2016, 02:55 AM
I believe Engelbert Humperdinck is seriously underrated.

Sir C
10-14-2016, 08:04 AM
I believe Engelbert Humperdinck is seriously underrated.

One for those of us of a certain age there, m. wd.