PDA

View Full Version : Over the last 70 years there may have been many valid reasons to go to war with

Sir C
10-12-2016, 12:17 PM
Russia. But over a civil war in Syria?

Not for me, Clive.

This could get terribly messy, you know.

Luis Anaconda
10-12-2016, 12:22 PM

Not for me, Clive.

Can't we take on someone our own size, with a less psychotic population? Like Belgium for example?

Ash
10-12-2016, 12:24 PM

Not for me, Clive.

Hillary will do her best to see that it happens. For her Saudi friends.

Burney
10-12-2016, 12:28 PM

Not for me, Clive.

Don't worry. I'm sure the Stop The War Coalition are on the cas...oh, no, hang on

Sir C
10-12-2016, 12:29 PM
Hillary will do her best to see that it happens. For her Saudi friends.

You're going to have to talk me through this, a. Saudi wants war with Russia and Hilary will deliver?

It's all far to complicated for me. Saudi, Iran, Yemen, Syria, Russia, I can't work out who the good guys are any more. :-(

Sir C
10-12-2016, 12:34 PM
Don't worry. I'm sure the Stop The War Coalition are on the cas...oh, no, hang on

I was surprised at the extent to which Putin has rehabilitated Stalin recently. He really is still a good KGB man at heart, isn't he?

Ash
10-12-2016, 12:35 PM
You're going to have to talk me through this, a. Saudi wants war with Russia and Hilary will deliver?

It's all far to complicated for me. Saudi, Iran, Yemen, Syria, Russia, I can't work out who the good guys are any more. :-(

It's easy, Sir C.

1. The bad guys are on different sides.
2. There are no good guys.

Sir C
10-12-2016, 12:37 PM
It's easy, Sir C.

1. The bad guys are on different sides.
2. There are no good guys.

I'm not having that. There are always good guys. (Us)

Burney
10-12-2016, 12:53 PM
I was surprised at the extent to which Putin has rehabilitated Stalin recently. He really is still a good KGB man at heart, isn't he?

Oh, they all love Stalin, really. Russians aren't really happy unless they're being tyranically oppressed by one raging psychopath or another. They are basically Stockholm Syndrome given national form.

AFC East
10-12-2016, 02:20 PM

Not for me, Clive.

Aren't we just going to get some left wingers to wave some placards outside the Russian Embassy? Hardly a declaration of war.

dismalswamp
10-12-2016, 03:05 PM
completely agree. This playing chicken with Putin is stupid. He's the old world leader that actually deserves any respect. He looks after his own people and his own borders, and no i don't condone everything he does by any means.
What he doesn't want is an influx of Islamic refugees on his doorstop and i would take an arab in a suit keeping some semblance of order in that country than a bunch or arabs with tea towels on their heads beheading everyone.
There is no actual proof that Russia are responsible for that supply attack by the way. We should leave them the **** alone.

Ash
10-12-2016, 03:24 PM
completely agree. This playing chicken with Putin is stupid. He's the old world leader that actually deserves any respect. He looks after his own people and his own borders, and no i don't condone everything he does by any means.
What he doesn't want is an influx of Islamic refugees on his doorstop and i would take an arab in a suit keeping some semblance of order in that country than a bunch or arabs with tea towels on their heads beheading everyone.
There is no actual proof that Russia are responsible for that supply attack by the way. We should leave them the **** alone.

You are helping fill the Snin-shaped hole in our lives :-) :thumbup:

And you are right that we should leave the Rooskies alone.

redgunamo
10-12-2016, 04:37 PM

Everyone's good guys nowadays.

TheCurly
10-13-2016, 07:52 AM

Not for me, Clive.

Hmmmm doubt Syria has F all to do with it.CIA coup in the Ukraine,Yanqui troops in Latvia,Estonia,bases in Turkey.I'm reliably informed Obama has spent a trillion or two in the last few years on nukes.And they are ALL pointing big blowy up things at Russia.Is it any wonder the Russians are sorta objecting?

redgunamo
10-13-2016, 04:47 PM
You are helping fill the Snin-shaped hole in our lives :-) :thumbup:

And you are right that we should leave the Rooskies alone.

Yep. Make the Russians POTUS, imo

https://youtu.be/8H7aKGOpSwE

Ash
10-13-2016, 11:02 PM
Yep. Make the Russians POTUS, imo

https://youtu.be/8H7aKGOpSwE

Top bants :nod:

We'll disagree on this, as for you she's good for business but I hope there is a hell so that there might be a certain corner of it reserved for Christiane Amanpour. And her fella James Rubin.