PDA

View Full Version : How v.**** are smartphones?

TheCurly
10-10-2016, 12:50 PM
Fúcker is plugged in to charge so often it may as well be a landline :-(

Ash
10-10-2016, 12:59 PM
Fúcker is plugged in to charge so often it may as well be a landline :-(

Switching the pesky thing off can help you here. :thumbup:

PSRB
10-10-2016, 01:01 PM

I find not using mine helps.

That said I rather like my new iphone 7 but yes, the battery life is comically bad

TheCurly
10-10-2016, 01:02 PM

The last time one pissed me off so much it ended up in the Atlantic Ocean

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
10-10-2016, 01:05 PM
The last time one pissed me off so much it ended up in the Atlantic Ocean

That's one hell of a throw from Dun Laoghaire.

Ash
10-10-2016, 01:05 PM

That said I rather like my new iphone 7 but yes, the battery life is comically bad

This is the worst thing about mePhones, is it not? If only Jorge was here to defend their battery life.

Ash
10-10-2016, 01:08 PM
That's one hell of a throw from Dun Laoghaire.

Always had Curlghaire down as more of a Belfast sort of chap. But still top Delapping from there too.

PSRB
10-10-2016, 01:08 PM
This is the worst thing about mePhones, is it not? If only Jorge was here to defend their battery life.

:nod: I shouldn't have to start panicking about the phone dying imminently when it gets to 30%!

10-10-2016, 01:10 PM
Always had Curlghaire down as more of a Belfast sort of chap. But still top Delapping from there too.
Pïss, pot, same, all, A.

Brentwood
10-10-2016, 01:13 PM
:nod: I shouldn't have to start panicking about the phone dying imminently when it gets to 30%!

The nerd who can invent a battery that lasts at least a week will be quids in

Ash
10-10-2016, 01:18 PM

Hmm, this is making me rethink my plans to get an iPhone. I use MapMyWalk a lot, and for maybe six or seven hours at a time. Might need a lot of spare chargers.

10-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Hmm, this is making me rethink my plans to get an iPhone. I use MapMyWalk a lot, and for maybe six or seven hours at a time. Might need a lot of spare chargers.
Get a Garmin vivoactive smartwátch and anything non-apple. I use an Xperia X which has an ace camera to boot.

Burney
10-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Get a Garmin vivoactive smartwátch and anything non-apple. I use an Xperia X which has an ace camera to boot.

Good you changed that. I was wondering: "Smartwânkch? Smarshítch? Smarfùckch?"

10-10-2016, 01:28 PM
Good you changed that. I was wondering: "Smartwânkch? Smarshítch? Smarfùckch?"
Fúcking pile of new awimb cùnt. Strange how arsenal isn't censored though.

Burney

Just get an iPhone and a battery bar thingy. It will be better than having an inferior phone just 'cos it runs out of battery. I've got loads of them if you want one.

Burney
Fúcking pile of new awimb cùnt. Strange how arsenal isn't censored though.

Yeah. I quite like 'Smarfùckch', though.

10-10-2016, 01:31 PM
Just get an iPhone and a battery bar thingy. It will be better than having an inferior phone just 'cos it runs out of battery. I've got loads of them if you want one.

The Xperia is not inferior to the iPhone, unless you want to spend all your spare time playing that chicken/pig game whatever it's called. Micro sd, no need to sync with iTunes, far better camera :shrug:

PSRB
10-10-2016, 01:45 PM
The Xperia is not inferior to the iPhone, unless you want to spend all your spare time playing that chicken/pig game whatever it's called. Micro sd, no need to sync with iTunes, far better camera :shrug:

No need to sync with itunes now. New camera on the 7 is excellent. 128gb, so don't need a micro sd either

PSRB
10-10-2016, 01:47 PM

what is this voodoo magic you speak of?

Ash
10-10-2016, 01:51 PM

My 2014 Xperia has been a bit ****, tbh. Keeps losing signal and often have to restart it for GPS to work properly. Also slow, and updates keep failing.

How does the map tracking work on the watch?

10-10-2016, 01:57 PM
My 2014 Xperia has been a bit ****, tbh. Keeps losing signal and often have to restart it for GPS to work properly. Also slow, and updates keep failing.

How does the map tracking work on the watch?

Went from S5 to the Xperia X purely for the camera, was previously happy with Samsung but this looked better. The watch is GPS connected and saves the co-ordinates internally. When I sync with the phone it gives me loads of information and produces an OS type map of where I've walked with 'lap' markers for each mile completed etc. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and rather than use the phone to record activity I'm using the watch as it's more fun.

Pat Vegas
10-10-2016, 02:00 PM

I have chargers where ever I go. It charges all night at home then when to the office I have a cable and connect to my computer.

Even bought another one to keep in the car.

redgunamo
10-11-2016, 07:37 AM
My daughter always gets me all the latest gadget ****e. Load of *******s.