PDA

View Full Version : Jezza's done another madness.

Burney
10-10-2016, 10:35 AM
He's only gone and appointed keen anti-semite Yasmin Qureshi as Labour’s new Shadow Justice Minister. :hehe:

In 2014, she said that the Israel-Palestine conflict was “the same” as the Holocaust. She was initially unrepentant, refusing to apologise before Ed Miliband eventually forced her to say sorry. It’s not the only time Qureshi has been in trouble: she invited blood libel anti-Semite Raed Salah to parliament, dismissed Hamas’ Iranian-built rockets as “home made”, claimed the Trojan Horse schools scandal was a “witch hunt” and attended an event in the Commons with CAGE.

It occurs to me that his brilliant new strategy for managing his own party is to appoint people to his shadow cabinet who are so utterly toxic that they have no choice other than to be slavishly loyal to him.

Sir C
10-10-2016, 11:43 AM
He's only gone and appointed keen anti-semite Yasmin Qureshi as Labour’s new Shadow Justice Minister. :hehe:

It occurs to me that his brilliant new strategy for managing his own party is to appoint people to his shadow cabinet who are so utterly toxic that they have no choice other than to be slavishly loyal to him.

He certainly seems to have tapped into the public mood. Labour are a mere 17 points behind int he polls now.

Burney
10-10-2016, 11:46 AM
He certainly seems to have tapped into the public mood. Labour are a mere 17 points behind int he polls now.

I know. This after what was widely believed to be his 'best speech ever' at the Labour Conference. :hehe:

They are so utterly fùcked. :hehe:

Luis Anaconda
10-10-2016, 11:46 AM

I wish she'd just call an election and get it all over with - it's stopped being funny now. I do think the Conservatives need some opposition (of course this is under the possible entirely wrong guess that Labour will get rid of him when he loses heavily)

Burney
10-10-2016, 11:50 AM
I wish she'd just call an election and get it all over with - it's stopped being funny now. I do think the Conservatives need some opposition (of course this is under the possible entirely wrong guess that Labour will get rid of him when he loses heavily)

Yes, but that's asking a Tory PM to help the Labour Party out of a potentially terminal crisis. Difficult to see why she should. Also, she'd be crazy to call an election before the new boundaries are in place.

Sir C
10-10-2016, 11:51 AM

She doesn't have to though. Why settle for a guaranteed 5 years, when she can have 4 years now and then a guaranteed 5 years more from 2020.

Sir C
10-10-2016, 11:53 AM
I know. This after what was widely believed to be his 'best speech ever' at the Labour Conference. :hehe:

They are so utterly fùcked. :hehe:

Mind you, the truly scary thing is that they're still polling at 26%.

Just think about that for a moment. 1 in every 4 people in this country is insane enough to vote for a Corbyn-led government. 1 in 4.

Fúcking terrifying.

Burney
10-10-2016, 11:59 AM
Mind you, the truly scary thing is that they're still polling at 26%.

Just think about that for a moment. 1 in every 4 people in this country is insane enough to vote for a Corbyn-led government. 1 in 4.

Fúcking terrifying.

I'm going to guess that figure tallies pretty closely with the number of public sector employees, Guardian employees and part-time polytechnic lecturers.