PDA

View Full Version : These new subscription businesses floating about that send you stuff to your door on

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 03:19 PM
a weekly/monthly seems to be a load of stuff that nobody really needs.

Fixing a problem that doesn't exist. I don't need that many razor blades, or a mattress that comes rolled up in a cylinder.

Anybody tried those companies that deliver meals? Not meals on wheels.

Sir C
10-07-2016, 03:23 PM
a weekly/monthly seems to be a load of stuff that nobody really needs.

Fixing a problem that doesn't exist. I don't need that many razor blades, or a mattress that comes rolled up in a cylinder.

Anybody tried those companies that deliver meals? Not meals on wheels.

I tried one of those food kit delivery jobs for a few weeks, more for inspiration and a bit of variety than anything else.

Their portions were made for midgets or Karen Carpenter.

Burney
10-07-2016, 03:24 PM
I tried one of those food kit delivery jobs for a few weeks, more for inspiration and a bit of variety than anything else.

I'm looking for new things to cook. I've been buying loads of cookbooks for flumpence in secondhand stores and raping them for ideas. It's starting to annoy the wife.

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 03:27 PM

Someone I know tried it just to keep the recipe cards.

Adiós and vaya con Dios

Sir C
10-07-2016, 03:29 PM
I'm looking for new things to cook. I've been buying loads of cookbooks for flumpence in secondhand stores and raping them for ideas. It's starting to annoy the wife.

The sensible thing would be to choose 7 meals, appoint one to each day of the week, and quit poncing about having to make decisions.

Actually, that's not a bad idea...

Monday - Schitzel, potato salad, peas
Tuesday - Steak, chips, peas
Wednesday - Sausage, mash, peas
Thursday - Pork belly, pommes dauph, peas
Friday - Prawn and pea risotto
Saturday - Spag bol. No peas.
Sunday - Roast chicken and that.

Easy peasy.

Sir C
10-07-2016, 03:30 PM
Someone I know tried it just to keep the recipe cards.

Adiós and vaya con Dios

Oh yes, I kept them, then I lost them.

Burney
10-07-2016, 03:33 PM
The sensible thing would be to choose 7 meals, appoint one to each day of the week, and quit poncing about having to make decisions.

Easy peasy.

Meat, potatoes and veg. You, sir, are nothing but a paddy manqué

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 03:34 PM

Easy peasy.

How can one prepare in advance but keep the freezer use to a minimum without having to pop into the supermarket each evening on the way home from work.

Sir C
10-07-2016, 03:34 PM
Meat, potatoes and veg. You, sir, are nothing but a paddy manqué

It's what the glw demands.

English, see? :-(

Sir C
10-07-2016, 03:35 PM
How can one prepare in advance but keep the freezer use to a minimum without having to pop into the supermarket each evening on the way home from work.

Ocado delivery on Friday, another on Monday. Sorted.

Ash
10-07-2016, 03:36 PM
10 characters

(You have PM btw.)

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Ocado delivery on Friday, another on Monday. Sorted.

:thumbup:

I still want to get some decent knives. my wife has a phobia of kitchen knives :shrug:
Crap knives = time wasted.

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 03:39 PM
(You have PM btw.)

:thumbup: I never notice since the board changed

Burney
10-07-2016, 03:40 PM
It's what the glw demands.

English, see? :-(

Earlier, I was really cross with myself for not getting that kebab last night, so I decided to look up how many calories a large doner contains. :yikes:

Between 1,500 and 1,800.

I burn about 900 calories on my six-mile run.

Burney
10-07-2016, 03:41 PM
:thumbup:

I still want to get some decent knives. my wife has a phobia of kitchen knives :shrug:
Crap knives = time wasted.

A phobia of kitchen knives? What? How does she cook?

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 03:43 PM
A phobia of kitchen knives? What? How does she cook?

She started using some I bought. but she bought this slicer thing for salads, Pasta doesn't really need any knives.

another area where we differ is I am cautious of stuff being in the fridge. If I had a open packet of ham in the fridge I'll want to bin it after a couple of days. she'll say it's still good after a week where I say you eat it. I don't want any of that ****.

Burney
10-07-2016, 03:46 PM
She started using some I bought. but she bought this slicer thing for salads, Pasta doesn't really need any knives.

another area where we differ is I am cautious of stuff being in the fridge. If I had a open packet of ham in the fridge I'll want to bin it after a couple of days. she'll say it's still good after a week where I say you eat it. I don't want any of that ****.

:rolleyes: You realise that ham is cured meat, yes? Which means it's already been preserved? Add in all the chemicals they shove into it and it'll be fine after two weeks open in the fridge.
My wife drives me nuts with this stuff. I'll make big jars of salad dressing and keep them in the fridge and she'll threaten to throw them out despite the fact that, as I point out, THEY ARE OIL AND VINEGAR AND LITERALLY CANNOT GO OFF!!! :furious: