PDA

View Full Version : Hmm, movement on the Wenger Out front.

eastgermanautos
10-07-2016, 07:33 AM
It's a solid time for a change. We have some defenders now, can pay out to get talent to match what we have.

redgunamo
10-07-2016, 08:07 AM
What He will not be, however, is pushed.

And why would He choose to give it all away *now* :shrug:

It's a solid time for a change. We have some defenders now, can pay out to get talent to match what we have.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-07-2016, 08:39 AM
I want to see Wenger with the Premier League and Champions League trophies at Islington Town Hall balcony.

Ash
10-07-2016, 08:40 AM
I want to see Wenger with the Premier League and Champions League trophies at Islington Town Hall balcony.

:nod: And there must be dancing on the streets of Islington.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-07-2016, 08:42 AM
And on Stanley's ranch. Alisher knows all the right steppes.

redgunamo
10-07-2016, 08:46 AM

And the League Cup too, just for the banter.

SWv2
10-07-2016, 08:55 AM

There you go mate.

redgunamo
10-07-2016, 09:00 AM
I can't do it.

There you go mate.

SWv2
10-07-2016, 09:03 AM
I can't do it.

No, I am not a big one of interviews or spoken encounters with him.

Between me and you I can't help thinking he talks an enormous amount of *******s, as all managers do, but because he does it with a French accent he gets away with it.

See also Thierry Henry but my exposure to him on SSN is probably even more limited than AW.

I'm more a man for the action, not the pre or post match.

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 09:26 AM

:nod: Lot of history in that building.

Burney
10-07-2016, 09:27 AM

:hehe: Me too.

Actually, that reminds me, it's my second anniversary on Tuesday. Cheers Pat. :thumbup:

Ash
10-07-2016, 09:39 AM

Did you get married in there?

Burney
10-07-2016, 09:40 AM

I did. Just the once.

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 09:40 AM
:hehe: Me too.

Actually, that reminds me, it's my second anniversary on Tuesday. Cheers Pat. :thumbup:

I was pleased how reasonably priced it was.You wouldn't hire a conference room in a hotel for that price!.
The whole event was not the longest event in history but when we went to look at the rooms they had I said the Council Chamber it is. Plus it has the nice stairs inside and out. The weirdest part of the day was it all went smoothly. Almost like someone else was running the show but they were not. We did the routemaster thing who took us on a quick tour of london as we had lots of people from Italy and Canada. strangely as we crossed tower bridge we had to stop as they opened it.

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 09:41 AM

Yep. 10 characters

Burney
10-07-2016, 09:42 AM
I was pleased how reasonably priced it was.You wouldn't hire a conference room in a hotel for that price!.
The whole event was not the longest event in history but when we went to look at the rooms they had I said the Council Chamber it is. Plus it has the nice stairs inside and out. The weirdest part of the day was it all went smoothly. Almost like someone else was running the show but they were not. We did the routemaster thing who took us on a quick tour of london as we had lots of people from Italy and Canada. strangely as we crossed tower bridge we had to stop as they opened it.

Oh, ours was a very small affair. Close chums and family only.

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 09:44 AM
Oh, ours was a very small affair. Close chums and family only.

One small annoyance on the day was people when they arrived tried to give us stuff.
like flowers or our present at the wrong time. Not to seem ungrateful I said later please or ended up lumbering my brother with all the stuff.

Ash
10-07-2016, 09:45 AM

I went to a friends' wedding in the one of the chambers. Arsene's name is up on the wall :cloud9: The groom was Italian, in fact. Afterwards we went to the Inter club in Clerkenwell and all sat and watched Inter v Juventus. In classic Serie A stylee it was a shockingly dull game. Jorge would have pretended to have loved it.

Burney
10-07-2016, 09:46 AM
One small annoyance on the day was people when they arrived tried to give us stuff.
like flowers or our present at the wrong time. Not to seem ungrateful I said later please or ended up lumbering my brother with all the stuff.

We didn't ask for presents or anything, although some people were kind enough to give us things.

Ash
10-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Plus it has the nice stairs inside and out.

Have you been in The Assembly Rooms? Entrance is on the right of the building. Saw Kristin Hersh in there the other year. Some nice Art Deco in the lobby.

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 09:48 AM
I went to a friends' wedding in the one of the chambers. Arsene's name is up on the wall :cloud9: The groom was Italian, in fact. Afterwards we went to the Inter club in Clerkenwell and all sat and watched Inter v Juventus. In classic Serie A stylee it was a shockingly dull game. Jorge would have pretended to have loved it.

:falso nove:

My father in law is Inter. He's the sort of bloke who follows scores from all the leagues and texts me random things like
'BIG ARSENAL' when we win.

redgunamo
10-07-2016, 09:49 AM
Have you been in The Assembly Rooms? Entrance is on the right of the building. Saw Kristin Hersh in there the other year. Some nice Art Deco in the lobby.

Was she getting married too?

redgunamo
10-07-2016, 09:50 AM
:falso nove:

My father in law is Inter. He's the sort of bloke who follows scores from all the leagues and texts me random things like
'BIG ARSENAL' when we win.

Oh, how nice. I shall start saying that.

Burney
10-07-2016, 09:51 AM

We had our reception upstairs at The Drapers Arms (I tried to overlook the lack of apostrophe) on Barnsbury St. It was lovely. I recommend it.

redgunamo
10-07-2016, 09:51 AM
We didn't ask for presents or anything, although some people were kind enough to give us things.

MUUUUUG!

I made a fortune out of my wedding. Mostly in cash as well.

Or anyway, the wife did :-|

Burney
10-07-2016, 09:53 AM
MUUUUUG!

I think when you're both in your 40s, it's a bit much to ask for wedding presents, which are surely designed for young people just starting out in life?

Ash
10-07-2016, 09:54 AM
We had our reception upstairs at The Drapers Arms (I tried to overlook the lack of apostrophe) on Barnsbury St. It was lovely. I recommend it.

Lovely pub that. Never managed to get a table to eat there when I've tried though.

Burney
10-07-2016, 09:59 AM
Lovely pub that. Never managed to get a table to eat there when I've tried though.

I've only eaten there on weekdays and in summer (when the garden was available), which probably helped. The upstairs room is beautiful and was the perfect size for what we were doing.

redgunamo
10-07-2016, 10:03 AM
I think when you're both in your 40s, it's a bit much to ask for wedding presents, which are surely designed for young people just starting out in life?

There's the rub; if there was going to be enough swag in it to set you up for life, surely you'd be a fool to wait until your forties.

One wonders what they teach people in school nowadays.

Pat Vegas
10-07-2016, 10:07 AM
MUUUUUG!

:cloud9: I felt like I had won the lottery when after the wedding we started opening up the cards.
500 euro notes whilst nice are a ******* to get rid of.

Lar d'Arse
10-07-2016, 10:27 AM
:cloud9: I felt like I had won the lottery when after the wedding we started opening up the cards.

Italian you said? :mafiamoney: :nod:

TheCurly
10-07-2016, 10:29 AM

I know a guy.....

Luis Anaconda
10-07-2016, 10:41 AM

I preferred it in the old days when there was a massive Arsenal mirror on the wall and you could watch football there. In fact I watched us win the Double in 1998 there :lager: :lager: :lager: :randomblockinstreetofferingshotsofsoutherncomfort : :puke:

Burney
10-07-2016, 10:45 AM
I preferred it in the old days when there was a massive Arsenal mirror on the wall and you could watch football there. In fact I watched us win the Double in 1998 there :lager: :lager: :lager: :randomblockinstreetofferingshotsofsoutherncomfort : :puke:

None of that now, la. Properly gentrified it is. Don't want football-supporting rubbish like you in there anymore.