PDA

View Full Version : IUFG are you around? I need your advice.

Pat Vegas
10-06-2016, 11:04 AM
I don't know if you seen my recent posts. but here it is in a nutshell.

Last week they told me that they are closing my dept might have a new job for you.

over a week of silence goes by. yesterday I am told the position may or not be available. everything is the same as it was.

Today I am trying to speak to this manager guy to know what's going on but he is avoiding me. I tried to go towards his office he ran away.

I am sitting in the office with nothing to do, This is bizarre why don't they get rid of me if they want to get rid of me. Just ****ing tell me.

Burney
10-06-2016, 11:06 AM

Last week they told me that they are closing my dept might have a new job for you.

over a week of silence goes by. yesterday I am told the position may or not be available. everything is the same as it was.

Today I am trying to speak to this manager guy to know what's going on but he is avoiding me. I tried to go towards his office he ran away.

I am sitting in the office with nothing to do, This is bizarre why don't they get rid of me if they want to get rid of me. Just ****ing tell me.

If you've been there less than two years they can basically do what the **** they like, f. :-(

TheCurly
10-06-2016, 11:06 AM

errmmm are you Winston Bogarde,f?

Viva Prat Vegas
10-06-2016, 11:07 AM

They have a job for IUFG ?

Burney
10-06-2016, 11:09 AM
errmmm are you Winston Bogarde,f?

:hehe: Now that man had the best job ever.

Pat Vegas
10-06-2016, 11:11 AM
If you've been there less than two years they can basically do what the **** they like, f. :-(

Yeah I know it's ****. But at least tell me what's going on.

They have to give me a months notice at least. I feel that my boss in the us has very cleverly pushed this all on to the manager of the uk office.

Burney
10-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Yeah I know it's ****. But at least tell me what's going on.

They have to give me a months notice at least. I feel that my boss in the us has very cleverly pushed this all on to the manager of the uk office.

To be fair, it does sound as though they're doing their best not to **** you over completely, but I agree that some communication would be good. It may simply be that your boss doesn't have any answers to give you because he needs to hear from the US.

In this situation, I would suggest that getting too bolshy might be counter-productive.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-06-2016, 11:20 AM
In this situation, I would suggest that getting too bolshy might be counter-productive.

I will stay calm and stay off the cookies
I might start smoking though

Pat Vegas
10-06-2016, 11:20 AM
To be fair, it does sound as though they're doing their best not to **** you over completely, but I agree that some communication would be good. It may simply be that your boss doesn't have any answers to give you because he needs to hear from the US.

I just want to ask if he thinks that there is a possibility of something or should I start to look for another job. He seems a reasonable chap. my american boss was kissing my arse over the phone saying how brilliant i am and how they don't want to lose me.
Then again she's american.

TheCurly
10-06-2016, 11:21 AM

:hehe: 12 appearances in 4 years.Earned 10 million quid :hehe:

Burney
10-06-2016, 11:22 AM
I just want to ask if he thinks that there is a possibility of something or should I start to look for another job. He seems a reasonable chap. my american boss was kissing my arse over the phone saying how brilliant i am and how they don't want to lose me.
Then again she's american.

Well I wouldn't dismiss that if I were you. If they wanted rid of you, you'd know it by now. Best to keep your head down, your nose clean, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. You don't need your boss's permission to look for other jobs.

redgunamo
10-06-2016, 11:23 AM

Poor timing though. He should've waited for Abramovich to turn up with his billions.

IUFG
10-06-2016, 03:00 PM
you have a pm