PDA

View Full Version : "Football Club Owner Doesn't Understand Why Players Need Agents."

redgunamo
10-06-2016, 10:35 AM
Uh-huh :rubchin:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37570186

Mo Britain less Europe
10-06-2016, 11:57 AM
He's right. Agents have brought nothing into football, all they do is take, take, take.

redgunamo
10-06-2016, 12:01 PM
He's right. Agents have brought nothing into football, all they do is take, take, take.

Do players feel that way, do you think?

Mo Britain less Europe
10-06-2016, 12:05 PM
Do players feel that way, do you think?

Do rapists not support rape?

redgunamo
10-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Do rapists not support rape?

I wouldn't know. But stick to the point; as a club owner, would you rather negotiate with Jack Wilshere or Jack Wilshere's legal people?

TheCurly
10-06-2016, 12:10 PM

It has gone from one extreme (in the club's favour) to the other (in the player's favour)
I'm more a middle ground kinda guy

Mo Britain less Europe
10-06-2016, 12:10 PM
There you've hit the nail on the head. Most agents are not "legal people" they are chancers, jack-the-lads and sometimes downright mafiosi.

They are not there to advise a player on a deal, they are there to encourage permanent movement because that's how they make their money.

redgunamo
10-06-2016, 12:16 PM
There you've hit the nail on the head. Most agents are not "legal people" they are chancers, jack-the-lads and sometimes downright mafiosi.

They are not there to advise a player on a deal, they are there to encourage permanent movement because that's how they make their money.

Which must also include the best deal for the player, their client. Just call them "representatives" then, as I should have done originally.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Not the best deal for football though, which bothers me more.

redgunamo
10-06-2016, 12:27 PM

That's where you're going wrong then. A man's most important question must be "What's in it for *me*."

redgunamo
10-06-2016, 12:28 PM

Anyway, football's fine.

TheCurly
10-06-2016, 12:30 PM

I believe they are a lot less gangstery these days Mo
It's not all about the player's wages nowadays...image rights,PR,post-career advice etc.
Still,I agree...far too much loot exiting the game

redgunamo
10-06-2016, 12:43 PM
I believe they are a lot less gangstery these days Mo
It's not all about the player's wages nowadays...image rights,PR,post-career advice etc.
Still,I agree...far too much loot exiting the game

Not sure about that; people *are* the game, imo. Otherwise, everyone in football who doesn't actually play should work for free?

Ash
10-06-2016, 01:02 PM
Otherwise, everyone in football who doesn't actually play should work for free?

Like musicians, they should do it all for love, so I'm told. While paying their own considerable expenses, of course.

redgunamo
10-06-2016, 01:08 PM
Like musicians, they should do it all for love, so I'm told. While paying their own considerable expenses, of course.

:nod: And while working 200-hour shifts at the local sheet metal works.