PDA

View Full Version : It would appear that our new prime minister is socially to the right of Genghis Khan

Sir C
10-05-2016, 02:35 PM
and economically to the left of Corbyn. Whilst claiming to be centrist.

This confuses me.

Burney
10-05-2016, 02:38 PM

This confuses me.

I guess if you take a median...

TheCurly
10-05-2016, 02:41 PM

This confuses me.

Wants to be everybody's friend whilst simultaneously pissing everyone off.It'll end in disaster imo

Pat Vegas
10-05-2016, 02:41 PM

This confuses me.

This Genghis fella is the mayor of london?

Burney
10-05-2016, 02:43 PM

I wish, f. He wouldn't have stood for fůcking cyclists.

Sir C
10-05-2016, 02:43 PM
Wants to be everybody's friend whilst simultaneously pissing everyone off.It'll end in disaster imo

I think you're right, c. I had rather high hopes for her, but she seems a little, well, how can I put this delicately? Stupid.

:-(

Thank God I'm Irish now.

Sir C
10-05-2016, 02:44 PM

Don't get me started on this 'mayor', f :fewmin:

Burney
10-05-2016, 02:46 PM
I think you're right, c. I had rather high hopes for her, but she seems a little, well, how can I put this delicately? Stupid.

:-(

Thank God I'm Irish now.

I dunno. She's still píssing off all the right people, so I'm keeping an open mind. If it doesn't work out, they'll just get a different one in. It's not like Labour are going to be in a position to challenge for the foreseeable future.

Burney
10-05-2016, 02:53 PM

She's setting her sights squarely on winning over large chunks of Labour's traditional supporters who are turned off by Corbyn, while keeping the right of the party sweet with Brexit.

She is attempting nothing less than the outright destruction of the Labour Party, in fact.

World's End Stella
10-05-2016, 02:56 PM
She's setting her sights squarely on winning over large chunks of Labour's traditional supporters who are turned off by Corbyn, while keeping the right of the party sweet with Brexit.

She is attempting nothing less than the outright destruction of the Labour Party, in fact.

Hmmm, perhaps it's just me but I think from a strategy standpoint she's been brilliant. Not put a foot wrong anywhere, that I've noticed.

As an example, Ian Harvey casually refers to her as some form of evil, poor hating witch on FB. So she must be doing something right.

Sir C
10-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Hmmm, perhaps it's just me but I think from a strategy standpoint she's been brilliant. Not put a foot wrong anywhere, that I've noticed.

As an example, Ian Harvey casually refers to her as some form of evil, poor hating witch on FB. So she must be doing something right.

Oh really, is she boiling his píss? I might have a re-think, then.

TheCurly
10-05-2016, 02:58 PM

She is a politician WES
Ergo she is a vast **** and more than likely a useless fúcker to boot

Burney
10-05-2016, 03:00 PM

She's attempting a quite phenomenal balancing act. The danger is that she broadens the party's appeal to such a point that it ceases to be the Conservative Party. In other words, she should be careful that in attempting ruthlessly to exploit the split of one party, she doesn't break her own.

Burney
10-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Oh really, is she boiling his píss? I might have a re-think, then.

Surely Ian's píss is at a constant 99.9 deg C when it comes to any Tory politician, though? And half the Labour ones, I imagine?

World's End Stella
10-05-2016, 03:06 PM
She's attempting a quite phenomenal balancing act. The danger is that she broadens the party's appeal to such a point that it ceases to be the Conservative Party. In other words, she should be careful that in attempting ruthlessly to exploit the split of one party, she doesn't break her own.

It feels like her strategy is 'there is no viable alternative to me of any kind so I will try and appeal to as many people as possible as I can only really gain votes'. Which is true, and makes sense.

I just hope that deep inside she's thinking 'and then I can do what this country needs, not what the unwashed masses want'.

Sir C
10-05-2016, 03:08 PM
Surely Ian's píss is at a constant 99.9 deg C when it comes to any Tory politician, though? And half the Labour ones, I imagine?

Not just politicians, actually. Everyone is so selfish, you see.

Except him, of course.

World's End Stella
10-05-2016, 03:12 PM

He has access to this website that shows how politicians voted on various issues. He assures me it is completely objective because 'it's run by a charity'. :hehe:

It groups their votes under certain categories but does so in such a way that anyone who doesn't vote for the left wing view gets categorised as a war monger or someone who doesn't support the under-privileged etc. He swears by it. I tried to point out to him how biased it was because of the nature of what it did and how it grouped the votes, but he wasn't having it. 'It shows how they voted FFS how can it be biased!!!' he screamed at me.

He then derives his conclusions about people based on where their votes fall within the categories. So if someone has voted against bills that would increase welfare payments he doesn't consider why they voted that way, he simply concludes 'she hates the poor'.

Good ole Ian :-)

Burney
10-05-2016, 03:13 PM
It feels like her strategy is 'there is no viable alternative to me of any kind so I will try and appeal to as many people as possible as I can only really gain votes'. Which is true, and makes sense.

I just hope that deep inside she's thinking 'and then I can do what this country needs, not what the unwashed masses want'.

As a short-term strategy, it makes sense and is essentially what Blair offered. However, to every action there is an equal and opposite reaction and the state of the Labour Party today should be an object lesson in what happens when a Party tries to be all things to all men and ignores its core principles for too long.

Burney
10-05-2016, 03:16 PM
He has access to this website that shows how politicians voted on various issues. He assures me it is completely objective because 'it's run by a charity'. :hehe:

It groups their votes under certain categories but does so in such a way that anyone who doesn't vote for the left wing view gets categorised as a war monger or someone who doesn't support the under-privileged etc. He swears by it. I tried to point out to him how biased it was because of the nature of what it did and how it grouped the votes, but he wasn't having it. 'It shows how they voted FFS how can it be biased!!!' he screamed at me.

He then derives his conclusions about people based on where their votes fall within the categories. So if someone has voted against bills that would increase welfare payments he doesn't consider why they voted that way, he simply concludes 'she hates the poor'.

Good ole Ian :-)

That supposes, of course, that all MPs vote according to their consciences or personal inclinations rather than according to party loyalty. Which rather ignores how several hundred years of party-based Parliamentary democracy works.

World's End Stella
10-05-2016, 03:19 PM
That supposes, of course, that all MPs vote according to their consciences or personal inclinations rather than according to party loyalty. Which rather ignores several how hundred years of party-based Parliamentary democracy works.

You don't honestly believe Ian thought about it at that level, do you Burney? :hehe: