PDA

View Full Version : Horrorfilmwimb

Sir C
10-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Off oop 't lakes at the end of the month. I'm anticipating crisp, icy morning walks, cosy pub lunches and evenings spent by the fire.

The cottage we have rented is on its own in the middle of no where, so what could be better than some cosy horror films to watch by firelight, with the wind howling off the fell outside?

Recommendations for such films please. No blood or slashers, you know. Cosy stuff.

So far I have: Sleepy Hollow. Wolfman. Pan's Labyrinth.

Burney
10-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Off oop 't lakes at the end of the month. I'm anticipating crisp, icy morning walks, cosy pub lunches and evenings spent by the fire.

The cottage we have rented is on its own in the middle of no where, so what could be better than some cosy horror films to watch by firelight, with the wind howling off the fell outside?

Recommendations for such films please. No blood or slashers, you know. Cosy stuff.

You've done Babadook, I assume? It Follows? Drag Me to Hell?

World's End Stella
10-05-2016, 10:17 AM

The Shining

Sir C
10-05-2016, 10:23 AM
You've done Babadook, I assume? It Follows? Drag Me to Hell?

It Follows goes on the list :thumbup:

Sir C
10-05-2016, 10:23 AM
The Shining

Far too Mercan.

Pat Vegas
10-05-2016, 10:24 AM

How about some thrillers.
One Hour Photo is creepy. even more so now that he topped himself.

Burney
10-05-2016, 10:27 AM
It Follows goes on the list :thumbup:

Careful with that sort of thing, though. R and I were once staying in my uncle's house in rural Wexford and I made the mistake of getting stoned and paranoid. I was convinced that we were going to be set upon by hordes of savage locals and ended up sleeping with an axe next to the bed. :hehe:

Sir C
10-05-2016, 10:28 AM
How about some thrillers.
One Hour Photo is creepy. even more so now that he topped himself.

Think lonely moors, f, fantastical beasties, scary local yokels.

Sir C
10-05-2016, 10:30 AM
Careful with that sort of thing, though. R and I were once staying in my uncle's house in rural Wexford and I made the mistake of getting stoned and paranoid. I was convinced that we were going to be set upon by hordes of savage locals and ended up sleeping with an axe next to the bed. :hehe:

Never go the full Withnail.

Pat Vegas
10-05-2016, 10:32 AM

The Episode of Only Fools and Horses 'Friday the 14th'
I miss sod.

Burney
10-05-2016, 10:32 AM

The Descent?

Burney
10-05-2016, 10:33 AM

It was Ireland, to be fair. :shrug:

Sir C
10-05-2016, 10:34 AM
The Descent?

Ooh, I'd never heard of that. Looks good. ty b.

Burney
10-05-2016, 10:36 AM
Ooh, I'd never heard of that. Looks good. ty b.

It's filmed in the neck of the woods to which you're going, I think, so doubly ace.

Burney
10-05-2016, 10:38 AM

Talking of which, this chap seems to be channeling Uncle Monty with his 'stained with the butter drips from crumpets'

http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/sex-abuse-i-looking-butter-stains-said-teacher/

Ash
10-05-2016, 10:42 AM

Which part of nowhere? Langdales again?

Sir C
10-05-2016, 10:44 AM
Which part of nowhere? Langdales again?

Borrowdale. Outside Seatoller. Right at foot o' 't fell!

Personally I'm gutted that she's denying me Langdale, but there is, apparently, a Booths in Keswick, so I'm prepared to give the area a try.

TheCurly
10-05-2016, 10:44 AM

I liked Krampus - all a bit silly really but enjoyable

Sir C
10-05-2016, 10:46 AM
I liked Krampus - all a bit silly really but enjoyable

Nice :thumbup:

Burney
10-05-2016, 10:48 AM

Personally I'm gutted that she's denying me Langdale, but there is, apparently, a Booths in Keswick, so I'm prepared to give the area a try.

There is a Booth's in Keswick. Been there many times. There are also more outdoor clothing shops than you can believe. The best pub in Keswick to eat is The Dog and Gun - although they don't do chips. Try the Goulash.

The Pheasant just outside Keswick on the way towards Cockermouth is OK, too.

TheCurly
10-05-2016, 10:51 AM
There is a Booth's in Keswick. Been there many times. There are also more outdoor clothing shops than you can believe. The best pub in Keswick to eat is The Gun and Dog - although they don't do chips. Try the Goulash.

:snigger::titter:

Mo Britain less Europe
10-05-2016, 10:52 AM
The Shining
Nosferatu (both versions)
Dracula
The Blair Witch Project
The Keep
The Virgin of Nuremberg
Ghost Ship

Burney
10-05-2016, 10:56 AM
:snigger::titter:

William Wordsworth was reared in Cockermouth, c.

Sir C
10-05-2016, 10:57 AM
The Shining
Nosferatu (both versions)
Dracula
The Blair Witch Project
The Keep
The Virgin of Nuremberg
Ghost Ship

Nice work, m, ty.

Ash
10-05-2016, 10:58 AM

Borrowdale won't disappoint, though Seathwaite Fell is the wettest place in England. A walk via Stockley Bridge is compulsory.

http://www.davidhalllakedistrictwalks.co.uk/20051022/15.JPG

Sir C
10-05-2016, 10:58 AM
There is a Booth's in Keswick. Been there many times. There are also more outdoor clothing shops than you can believe. The best pub in Keswick to eat is The Gun and Dog - although they don't do chips. Try the Goulash.

Not to mention the pencil museum, of course.

Sir C
10-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Borrowdale won't disappoint, though Seathwaite Fell is the wettest place in England. A walk via Stockley Bridge is compulsory.

http://www.davidhalllakedistrictwalks.co.uk/20051022/15.JPG

You've upset me now, a. That's brought to mind Slater's Bridge, which as you know is my very own secret. :-(

Burney
10-05-2016, 10:59 AM
Not to mention the pencil museum, of course.

I never went in, which in a strange way I rather regret since I'm unlikely ever to go to Keswick again.

Ash
10-05-2016, 11:00 AM

I stayed in The Pheasant Inn last month. Jolly nice, it was.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-05-2016, 11:08 AM
An American Werewolf In London
It has Tottenham Court Road tube in it :cloud9: