PDA

View Full Version : I appear to have a hangover

Pat Vegas
10-05-2016, 09:31 AM
that's quite unusual.

Burney
10-05-2016, 09:41 AM
that's quite unusual.

Good man, p. How many bottles did you sink last night?

Pat Vegas
10-05-2016, 09:42 AM
Good man, p. How many bottles did you sink last night?

I am bit of a lightweight 5 pints.
my cousin is over visiting London so I thought I would show willing.

Burney
10-05-2016, 09:44 AM
I am bit of a lightweight 5 pints.
my cousin is over visiting London so I thought I would show willing.

Ah. My dear chap, what you have is not a hangover, but a mild fuzziness that will pass by about midday. A hangover is a horse of an entirely different colour.

Sir C
10-05-2016, 09:45 AM
that's quite unusual.

I appear not to have a hangover.

That's almost unheard of :-(

Burney
10-05-2016, 09:46 AM
I appear not to have a hangover.

That's almost unheard of :-(

It's probably getting up early and sweating it out what done it.

Pat Vegas
10-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Ah. My dear chap, what you have is not a hangover, but a mild fuzziness that will pass by about midday. A hangover is a horse of an entirely different colour.

I hardly drink,

I may also have had a cigarette or 2

Sir C
10-05-2016, 09:47 AM
It's probably getting up early and sweating it out what done it.

Rest day today. I stayed in bed until 8:10 :hehe: :lazybástard:

Burney
10-05-2016, 09:48 AM
I hardly drink,

I may also have had a cigarette or 2

Don't worry about the fags. Drunken ponced fags don't count. As long as you don't have any on you now, you're still basically on the wagon.

Burney
10-05-2016, 09:49 AM
Rest day today. I stayed in bed until 8:10 :hehe: :lazybástard:

Were you actually asleep until that time? I can't sleep that late anymore unless I've gone to bed very late with a skinful. My functions normally have me out of bed by 7 at the latest.

Sir C
10-05-2016, 09:52 AM
Were you actually asleep until that time? I can't sleep that late anymore unless I've gone to bed very late with a skinful. My functions normally have me out of bed by 7 at the latest.

Yes, me too. 7 is the absolute latest, usually. For some reason I selpt through this morning. My mother would have said something like, "Well your body must have needed it. Beggorah."

Burney
10-05-2016, 09:53 AM
Yes, me too. 7 is the absolute latest, usually. For some reason I selpt through this morning. My mother would have said something like, "Well your body must have needed it. Beggorah."

I don't think your mother *actually* ever said 'begorrah' did she?

Sir C
10-05-2016, 09:55 AM
I don't think your mother *actually* ever said 'begorrah' did she?

Not really, no.

Burney
10-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Not really, no.

You'll be telling me she didn't have a shillelagh next.

Sir C
10-05-2016, 10:01 AM
You'll be telling me she didn't have a shillelagh next.

She did use lots of rural Irish expressions, oddly. Her favoured form of threat when we were kids was, "Oi'll redden yer erse." Any surprise was acknowledged with "Jesus Mary and Joseph." And so on.

Burney
10-05-2016, 10:10 AM
She did use lots of rural Irish expressions, oddly. Her favoured form of threat when we were kids was, "Oi'll redden yer erse." Any surprise was acknowledged with "Jesus Mary and Joseph." And so on.

I think Jesus Mary and Joseph is pretty universal for Irishers. My father uses expressions whose origin I've never been able to ascertain, such as 'Shíte and onions!' and will refer to things that annoy him as 'You whore's melt!'

Pat Vegas
10-05-2016, 10:10 AM
Don't worry about the fags. Drunken ponced fags don't count. As long as you don't have any on you now, you're still basically on the wagon.

one thing I do like after a heavy night out is having that deep voice.
Never lasts though.