PDA

View Full Version : Is MOTD commentary done live at the time

Pat Vegas
10-04-2016, 04:22 PM
or filmed later?

I know some BBC reporters/commentators are at the game covering it but I always find it suspicious like, Everton have a corner. Player x hasn't scored a from a corner in 27 years, GOAL player x scores. :sherlock:

Ash
10-04-2016, 05:05 PM
or filmed later?

I know some BBC reporters/commentators are at the game covering it but I always find it suspicious like, Everton have a corner. Player x hasn't scored a from a corner in 27 years, GOAL player x scores. :sherlock:

I assume it's generally edited on. Effing waste off money to send a commentator + team to a match for 5 minutes commentary.

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 05:34 PM
I assume it's generally edited on. Effing waste off money to send a commentator + team to a match for 5 minutes commentary.

Not a problem, the game's rolling in it.

Pat Vegas
10-04-2016, 05:40 PM

I just read they say they do it live. seems odd to me

https://cheekyonetwo.wordpress.com/2013/11/13/match-of-the-day-live-commentary/

I don't believe it.

The fella who wrote it obviously was more into the question than I am.

IUFG
10-04-2016, 09:24 PM
Back in the day I used to search for feeds on satellite TV and would find the occassional BBC feed.

They certainly used to edit stuff at half time. You could hear Jonathon Pearce or John Motson, etc saying stuff like "can we do the first goal again, I got the scorer/crosser/defender wrong at the time"

****ing NDS / VideoGuard / Murdoch killed all that **** off :-(

Ash
10-04-2016, 11:27 PM
I just read they say they do it live. seems odd to me

https://cheekyonetwo.wordpress.com/2013/11/13/match-of-the-day-live-commentary/

I don't believe it.

The fella who wrote it obviously was more into the question than I am.

The poor bloke that analysed all that did a further two articles on the same subject and then gave up blogging for good.

:sherlock: