PDA

View Full Version : Gardeningwimb - I have always taken pride in maintaing a good, striped lawn. However,

Rich
10-04-2016, 02:36 PM
as the months and years go by, I find myself considering various types of shrubbery etc for the garden.

Now, what I would like to know is; are there any particularly pleasant shrubs/trees/plants for a south-westerly facing garden. I intend to purchase a tree fern for one shady corner but am open to other ideas for other parts of the garden.

Also, are there any good websites/apps that tell you what you should be doing in the garden at specific times of the year?

TheCurly
10-04-2016, 02:40 PM
as the months and years go by, I find myself considering various types of shrubbery etc for the garden.

Now, what I would like to know is; are there any particularly pleasant shrubs/trees/plants for a south-westerly facing garden. I intend to purchase a tree fern for one shady corner but am open to other ideas for other parts of the garden.

Also, are there any good websites/apps that tell you what you should be doing in the garden at specific times of the year?

Concrete is your friend here,R
Gardening? Fúck thon for a lark

Burney
10-04-2016, 02:40 PM

Grow vegetables. Everything else is woman's work.

PSRB
10-04-2016, 02:42 PM

http://www.gardenhealth.com/garden-advice

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 02:45 PM

Mmm, an app that tells you to drink beer :homer:

Burney
10-04-2016, 02:46 PM

If you're quick, you could probably dig the fùcker up and plant a big rake of second crop potatoes that would be ready for Christmas. You'd have to be careful of frost, but growing potatoes is clearly the best use for any available ground. Flowers are pointless cùnts.

Rich
10-04-2016, 02:47 PM
Concrete is your friend here,R
Gardening? Fúck thon for a lark

:-( To be fair, I don't suppose that you can grow much in Ireland seeing as the sun never shines and the ground is constantly waterlogged.

Rich
10-04-2016, 02:48 PM
If you're quick, you could probably dig the fùcker up and plant a big rake of second crop potatoes that would be ready for Christmas. You'd have to be careful of frost, but growing potatoes is clearly the best use for any available ground. Flowers are pointless cùnts.

But what of the strip that I'm preparing for May? And my tree fern which will act as stumps?

TheCurly
10-04-2016, 02:50 PM
:-( To be fair, I don't suppose that you can grow much in Ireland seeing as the sun never shines and the ground is constantly waterlogged.

I'll have you know we've had a dozen good days this summer.Like fúcking Santa Ponsa or some such

Pokster
10-04-2016, 02:51 PM
But what of the strip that I'm preparing for May? And my tree fern which will act as stumps?

Living down south what you call a garden is so small it's a waste of time doing anything with it

Sir C
10-04-2016, 02:52 PM

You're obsessed with growing spuds.

Admit it. At heart you're an unreconstructed sausage-fingered pasty-skinned paddy. :-(

Burney
10-04-2016, 02:53 PM

Oh you can keep a lawn, but fùck all that shrubs and ferns business. Spuds is what you want. You might be able to buy some mature brassicas and grow them for winter as well, but you mostly want spuds.

I saw the groundsman at my club putting the top dressing on the wicket the other day, signalling that summer is most definitely over. :-(

Burney
10-04-2016, 02:55 PM
You're obsessed with growing spuds.

Admit it. At heart you're an unreconstructed sausage-fingered pasty-skinned paddy. :-(

How else is one supposed to feed the family if you don't have a garden full of spuds? :shrug:

Some funny ideas you have and no mistake.

Burney
10-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Living down south what you call a garden is so small it's a waste of time doing anything with it

A slag heap for the kids to play on doesn't count as a garden, p.

Sir C
10-04-2016, 02:59 PM

D'you fancy popping round for 10 minutes to mow my 4 acres, p?