PDA

View Full Version : Football things that you find incredibly boring.

Pat Vegas
10-04-2016, 02:21 PM
doing an all time best arsenal starting XI

What's the point?

Burney
10-04-2016, 02:24 PM

What's the point?

It's always a bit silly as well because people feel duty bound to include a couple of players from the 1930s despite the fact that not only have most alive people never seen them play, but they would have almost certainly died of heart attacks trying to play the modern game.

Pat Vegas
10-04-2016, 02:26 PM
It's always a bit silly as well because people feel duty bound to include a couple of players from the 1930s despite the fact that not only have most alive people never seen them play, but they would have almost certainly died of heart attacks trying to play the modern game.

Like those best albums ever polls there is always the usual suspects. but have stupid entries that are popular at the time like Robbie Williams.

Burney
10-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Like those best albums ever polls there is always the usual suspects. but have stupid entries that are popular at the time like Robbie Williams.

Yes. And someone usually goes with sentimental choices like David Rocastle or nostalgia-driven ones like Brady. The fact is that the best Arsenal XI ever is composed entirely of players who played under Wenger for the very simple reason that he has produced the best ever Arsenal teams. :shrug:

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 02:48 PM

What's the point?

This forum perhaps notwithstanding, people *do* love talking about football, so there's lots of money in it.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
10-04-2016, 03:26 PM

What's the point?

Match of the day

barrybueno
10-04-2016, 03:38 PM
CL Group stage, transfer windows, all analysis at half time/full time and especially on motd, probably a ****load more if I think about it... I'm growing out of football at last imo :cloud9:

Ah, just noticed I have SSN on though :hehe:

Pat Vegas
10-04-2016, 03:46 PM
CL Group stage, transfer windows, all analysis at half time/full time and especially on motd, probably a ****load more if I think about it... I'm growing out of football at last imo :cloud9:

Ah, just noticed I have SSN on though :hehe:

I hope one day they will remove these broadcast rules. 'YOU CAN NOT WATCH FOOTBALL AT 3PM. BUT YOU CAN WATCH A BUNCH OF OLD PLAYERS WATCHING THE MATCHES'

and as soon as the final whistle goes they tease you by showing footage of the players walking around the pitch.

PSRB
10-04-2016, 04:15 PM
I hope one day they will remove these broadcast rules. 'YOU CAN NOT WATCH FOOTBALL AT 3PM. BUT YOU CAN WATCH A BUNCH OF OLD PLAYERS WATCHING THE MATCHES'

and as soon as the final whistle goes they tease you by showing footage of the players walking around the pitch.

Especially as anyone with an ounce of smarts can find a 3pm live stream

PSRB
10-04-2016, 04:20 PM

What's the point?

Football players banging on about playing the latest FIFA game, you ****ing do the real thing for a living!!! At least play something different in your downtime!

Pat Vegas
10-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Especially as anyone with an ounce of smarts can find a 3pm live stream

Exactly. I'd even be willing to pay extra to watch those games. Maybe part of that revenue can be distributed into the lower leagues. I really do not feel it would have any effect on attendances. Plus these days all games are filmed the people are already there.

eastgermanautos
10-04-2016, 06:15 PM
Exactly. I'd even be willing to pay extra to watch those games. Maybe part of that revenue can be distributed into the lower leagues. I really do not feel it would have any effect on attendances. Plus these days all games are filmed the people are already there.

McManaman's creaky little high-pitched voice. Ian Darke good, Steve McManaman not good. Also how cool a name is Darke.

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 06:28 PM

I suppose the only losers are the television companies who actually own the "exclusive" rights. And maybe they don't really care as they can offset the loss against the fact that even more viewers get to see the advertising they're getting paid for. Like product placement in movies.

I believe Youtube livestreams the odd game nowadays, doesn't it. That's the start.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-05-2016, 11:17 AM
The 2 week international break :yawn:

Brentwood
10-05-2016, 12:45 PM
Not boring persee, but things that annoy me in Football

The rule where a player gets booked for removing his shirt after scoring an important goal, going into the crowd etc.

The fuss about players changing shirts with opponents

How modern stadia haven't figured out how to serve food and drink quickly at half time (e.g. ban cash, make the season ticket card like a contactless Oyster)

Home made placards held by adults at games

Ash
10-05-2016, 12:54 PM

The rule where a player gets booked for removing his shirt after scoring an important goal, going into the crowd etc.

How modern stadia haven't figured out how to serve food and drink quickly at half time (e.g. ban cash, make the season ticket card like a contactless Oyster)

Ah, have we done the whole 'watching the match through a mobile phone' thing? :shout:

Dunno about banning cash. They should certainly hire people who know what the word "beer" means though. :-| We should all probably boycott the catering really. The club get no money for it, and if Delaware got no money for it they might walk away from their cosy 1,000 year contract and we can start again. Preferably with a caterer who hires peope who know what the word "beer" means.

Awimb
10-05-2016, 01:06 PM

What's the point?

Throw ins.

Burney
10-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Throw ins.

People laughing at the referee using foam to mark the position for free kicks despite it being a perfectly sensible idea.

Brentwood
10-05-2016, 01:39 PM
Ah, have we done the whole 'watching the match through a mobile phone' thing? :shout:

Dunno about banning cash. They should certainly hire people who know what the word "beer" means though. :-| We should all probably boycott the catering really. The club get no money for it, and if Delaware got no money for it they might walk away from their cosy 1,000 year contract and we can start again. Preferably with a caterer who hires peope who know what the word "beer" means.

We don't get any money from it? Really?

PSRB
10-05-2016, 01:59 PM
Throw ins.

Players claiming throw-ins when they clearly touch it last....ditto goal kicks/corners*

*This is more of a bugbear than boring

Pat Vegas
10-05-2016, 02:00 PM
Players claiming throw-ins when they clearly touch it last....ditto goal kicks/corners*

*This is more of a bugbear than boring

And when players know they are offside but pretend they are not and put the ball in the net all casual.
And fans who know it's offside but still celebrate and get mad.

Burney
10-05-2016, 02:07 PM

What's the point?

Discussions of the club's finances

Pat Vegas
10-05-2016, 02:14 PM
Discussions of the club's finances

Mo: £3M Illegal! Coming from a man who wants Usmanov to take over!

Pokster
10-05-2016, 02:29 PM
Awimb nowerdays : hide:

redgunamo
10-05-2016, 06:24 PM

The shirt removal-thing is understandable. For the sponsors, a player celebrating his goal is the money-shot, so to speak. For them, it's ruined if he takes it off. Although I wonder what happens if he's wearing an equally advertiser-friendly shirt underneath :rubchin:

Lady Henry AKA The African Queen
10-05-2016, 10:34 PM

:clap: :hehe:

Lady Henry AKA The African Queen
10-05-2016, 10:45 PM

What's the point?

"Punditry" from daft ex players talking absolute *******s but getting paid because they once sat in a PL dressing room: take a bow - Michael Owen, Robbie Savage, Andy Townsend, Ian Wright (yes it pains me), Shearer, Ferdinand, Crouchy et al. it is beyond a joke.

And the endless different programmes and phone-ins the PL have during the week on endless repeat.
It comes dangerously close to putting you off the sport.

PSRB
10-06-2016, 08:56 AM
"Punditry" from daft ex players talking absolute *******s but getting paid because they once sat in a PL dressing room: take a bow - Michael Owen, Robbie Savage, Andy Townsend, Ian Wright (yes it pains me), Shearer, Ferdinand, Crouchy et al. it is beyond a joke.

And the endless different programmes and phone-ins the PL have during the week on endless repeat.

Chris Sutton is a whole new level of dumb

redgunamo
10-06-2016, 09:06 AM

Fair point. But if not them, ex-players, who would make good pundits?