PDA

View Full Version : More of what's bothering me now

Mo Britain less Europe
10-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Dog faeces. There are 900 million dogs in the world at least and the population is rising exponentially. Mostly all they do is s hit, bark and occasionally bite. Yeah there are exceptions - guide dogs, rescue dogs etc are useful animals.

But we are being drowned in a brown sea of dog droppings, an ocean of dung and those who see humans as agents of climate change and despoliation are forgetting the damage done by these farting frauds.

Burney
10-04-2016, 09:59 AM
Dog faeces. There are 900 million dogs in the world at least and the population is rising exponentially. Mostly all they do is s hit, bark and occasionally bite. Yeah there are exceptions - guide dogs, rescue dogs etc are useful animals.

But we are being drowned in a brown sea of dog droppings, an ocean of dung and those who see humans as agents of climate change and despoliation are forgetting the damage done by these farting frauds.

I'm more confused by the fact that they savage at least 2,000 children a year in the UK - killing a few into the bargain - and yet nobody ever wonders whether being allowed to own large, dangerous creatures around small children is a good idea. It's a blind spot the world seems to have.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-04-2016, 10:05 AM
A Polish psychologist wrote a book about how dogs have conned humanity. Bark at a falling leaf and remain safely asleep whilst a burglar pillages through your house.

People say they love children and then expose them to death by dog ravaging or blindness by dog faeces. Millions starving and dogs overweight, gorging themselves on expensive pet food!

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 10:09 AM
A Polish psychologist wrote a book about how dogs have conned humanity. Bark at a falling leaf and remain safely asleep whilst a burglar pillages through your house.

People say they love children and then expose them to death by dog ravaging or blindness by dog faeces. Millions starving and dogs overweight, gorging themselves on expensive pet food!

Do you have children, M? Give me my old hounds anyday.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-04-2016, 10:16 AM
None I recognise. And this is not a general attack on dog-owning. It's an attack on waste of resources and on a fictitious Disneyfied vision of the animal kingdom.

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 11:03 AM
I'm more confused by the fact that they savage at least 2,000 children a year in the UK - killing a few into the bargain - and yet nobody ever wonders whether being allowed to own large, dangerous creatures around small children is a good idea. It's a blind spot the world seems to have.

In fairness, it's a blind spot the world seems to have had for over ten thousand years. You'd like to think we'd have noticed if it were truly harming us by this time.

Burney
10-04-2016, 11:06 AM
In fairness, it's a blind spot the world seems to have had for over ten thousand years. You'd like to think we'd have noticed if it were truly harming us by this time.

I'm not saying the number is vast, but if we were talking about people keeping - say - guns that did that much damage over a year, you can bet people would be lobbying for a ban (if we didn't already have one, that is).

TheCurly
10-04-2016, 11:09 AM

I have a dog.And by that I mean,the wife has a dog.Wouldn't say boo to a goose.I reckon the poor old ******* was heavily abused as a pup.Now THAT bothers me

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 11:14 AM
None I recognise. And this is not a general attack on dog-owning. It's an attack on waste of resources and on a fictitious Disneyfied vision of the animal kingdom.

Your Polish friend is apparently talking nonsense anyway; there's plenty of resources, that's why there's dogs in the first place.

I agree about Disney though, except the '67 Jungle Book. That's brilliant.