PDA

View Full Version : Which London club manager I saw picking up a takeaway from Maryelbone's s****y

Monty92
10-03-2016, 03:05 PM
Viennese-style cafe Fischers this afternoon?

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 03:06 PM

Your celeb spotting stories are always a bit underwhelming Monty.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:09 PM

What's shítty about Fischers, you ignorant savage?

Monty92
10-03-2016, 03:11 PM
The censored word is swan*y

It was my first visit and I ****ing loved it. Took the missus for a belated birthday lunch.

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:12 PM
What's shítty about Fischers, you ignorant savage?

Why's he talking funny? 'Which London club manager I saw'? What?

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:12 PM
The censored word is s****y.

It was my first visit and I ****ing loved it. Took the missus for a belated birthday lunch.

What the fúck does s****y mean?

How could it be anything but brilliant? What would you expect from the Masters?

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:13 PM
The censored word is s****y.

'Spunky'? 'Spanky'?

Burney
What the fúck does s****y mean?

How could it be anything but brilliant? What would you expect from the Masters?

I think it's 'swânky'

Monty92
Swan.ky!!!!

I know. We did a last minute serve from the German Gymnasium and very glad we did.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Why's he talking funny? 'Which London club manager I saw'? What?

:shrug: Jewish, you know. English isn't his first language. He's translating directly from the Yiddish, thusly: "Vat Londonclob manager heb ich gesehen fressen mit der gefiltefisch oy ve?"

Monty92
10-03-2016, 03:15 PM
Anyway, it was alan pardew.

He seemed surprised that someone recognised him, probably because Marylebone seems to be populated emtirely by Arabs.

Burney
Swan.ky!!!!

I know. We did a last minute serve from the German Gymnasium and very glad we did.

Something really has to be done about this censorship. A chap can't even refer to his penîs any more. That's half my material gone. :-(

Sir C
Swan.ky!!!!

Did you have the schnitzel? Do they still do the dribble of veal reduction?

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 03:16 PM
:shrug: Jewish, you know. English isn't his first language. He's translating directly from the Yiddish, thusly: "Vat Londonclob manager heb ich gesehen fressen mit der gefiltefisch oy ve?"

This is all you need to know.
ה"איך על זה אז

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:16 PM

He seemed surprised that someone recognised him, probably because Marylebone seems to be populated emtirely by Arabs.

You didin't approach him, did you? :-(

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:17 PM
This is all you need to know.
ה"איך על זה אז

Is it the tetragrammaton, f? The unsayable name of God? :-(

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 03:18 PM

Selfie? very popular in the Jewish world.

http://jpupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/kinus-selfie.jpg

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 03:19 PM
Is it the tetragrammaton, f? The unsayable name of God? :-(

No it translate's to 'how's about that then'

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:20 PM

:hehe: Almost as bad.

Have you started permanently wearing running shorts or tracksuit bottoms, f? :-(

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Selfie? very popular in the Jewish world.

http://jpupdates.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/kinus-selfie.jpg

The (jewish) girl I lived with in Finchley used to warn me never to get close to those orthodox chaps because, according to her, they stink. I don't know if this was based on experience or simply an example of jewish self-loathing.

Monty92
10-03-2016, 03:21 PM

Of course not, I would never bother a famous person who's out and about and getting on with their business. I gave him a nod as he left and he did a kind of double take and a frown which suggested he wasn't expecting to be recognised.

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 03:22 PM

Have you started permanently wearing running shorts or tracksuit bottoms, f? :-(

I'd have to say that that does sound comfortable. Not the shorts so much.

I got to this weird age where if I wear trousers or jeans with a belt too long and have to drive for a long time. I get full of wind.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:22 PM

:hehe: f, can you fix it for me to milk a cow blindfolded?

SWv2
10-03-2016, 03:23 PM

What an incredibly **** story.

Monty92
10-03-2016, 03:24 PM
Did you have the schnitzel? Do they still do the dribble of veal reduction?

Yes, I had a platter of various pickled herring for starter which was absolutely superb, then a Wiener Schnitzel for main which came sitting in a Jus Parisienne (wotever that is).

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 03:25 PM
Of course not, I would never bother a famous person who's out and about and getting on with their business. I gave him a nod as he left and he did a kind of double take and a frown which suggested he wasn't expecting to be recognised.

It was probably more like you gave him the nod and for a brief second he thought do I know this fella, and then was disappointed.

Monty92
10-03-2016, 03:25 PM
The (jewish) girl I lived with in Finchley used to warn me never to get close to those orthodox chaps because, according to her, they stink. I don't know if this was based on experience or simply an example of jewish self-loathing.

Of course they stink. They dress like that all the ****ing time, even during hot summer days.

They should all be gassed.

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:26 PM

No. Having been trapped on a train from London to Bangor with several hundred of the buggers in mid-July, I can tell you that heavy serge garments designed for the Polish shtetl are not conducive to a good olfactory experience.

In short: they were chucking up something alarming. :-(

Viva Prat Vegas

Incredibly s****y

Burney
:hehe: f, can you fix it for me to milk a cow blindfolded?

:hehe: I hadn't heard that one before.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-03-2016, 03:27 PM
a Jus Parisienne (wotever that is).

A collection of French Hebrews

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:28 PM
I'd have to say that that does sound comfortable. Not the shorts so much.

I got to this weird age where if I wear trousers or jeans with a belt too long and have to drive for a long time. I get full of wind.

I imagine that was how Sir Jim started. Then he discovered that the look also helped facilitate his 'How's about that then?'-type activities and the rest is history.

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:29 PM
A collection of French Hebrews

Played, vpv :clap:

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:29 PM
Yes, I had a platter of various pickled herring for starter which was absolutely superb, then a Wiener Schnitzel for main which came sitting in a Jus Parisienne (wotever that is).

Good choice.

I'm making schnitzel tonight actually. I might go the full Holstein.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:30 PM
Of course they stink. They dress like that all the ****ing time, even during hot summer days.

They should all be gassed.

Oh. I sort of wish I hadn't asked, now :-(

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:30 PM

It was OK when he had the schnitzel. That was a good bit.

World's End Stella
10-03-2016, 03:32 PM

When he did the double take, did you feel like he was looking at your nose?

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:32 PM
It was OK when he had the schnitzel. That was a good bit.

I ate schnitzel pretty much every night in Germany. I kept looking at the menu with the intention of having something else, only to realise that what I actually wanted more than anything else was schnitzel.

Ash
10-03-2016, 03:33 PM

Well, it couldn't have been Arsene because Marylebone isn't between Islington and Totteridge.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:33 PM
No. Having been trapped on a train from London to Bangor with several hundred of the buggers in mid-July, I can tell you that heavy serge garments designed for the Polish shtetl are not conducive to a good olfactory experience.

In short: they were chucking up something alarming. :-(

What were sveral hundred orthodox jews going to Bangor for? Excuse my dangling preposition; I can't be arsed to amend the sentence.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:35 PM
I ate schnitzel pretty much every night in Germany. I kept looking at the menu with the intention of having something else, only to realise that what I actually wanted more than anything else was schnitzel.

It's just a winner (a wiener!) isn't it?

I have a theory that the best thing in the world is a hot meat sandwich, and that's really what a schnitzel is.

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:37 PM
What were sveral hundred orthodox jews going to Bangor for? Excuse my dangling preposition; I can't be arsed to amend the sentence.

Apparently they all migrate to the Welsh coast in the summer. Presumably, this puts a considerable dent in cockle consumption.

http://www.independent.co.uk/incoming/orthodox-jews-annual-getaway-to-aberystwyth-falls-foul-of-health-and-safety-8636659.html

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 03:38 PM

:hehe: I did the same in Vienna.
One night I thought I would go out to see if I would get something different. All that was around was a dreadful looking kebab shop called Ozil so went back to the hotel and ordered it again.

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:38 PM
It's just a winner (a wiener!) isn't it?

I have a theory that the best thing in the world is a hot meat sandwich, and that's really what a schnitzel is.

Yes. Shawarma, doner, club, steak, schnitzel, bacon - hard to disagree.

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:39 PM
:hehe: I did the same in Vienna.
One night I thought I would go out to see if I would get something different. All that was around was a dreadful looking kebab shop called Ozil so went back to the hotel and ordered it again.

I was going to have a kebab in a turkish restaurant, but I wanted to eat on the street as it was hot and it was impossible to do so without being constantly importuned by pushy whores, so I fled.

redgunamo
10-03-2016, 03:40 PM
Well, it couldn't have been Arsene because Marylebone isn't between Islington and Totteridge.

We've decided that that was all *******s, haven't we, in a sort of "Well, He would say that, wouldn't He" sort of way?

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 03:41 PM
I was going to have a kebab in a turkish restaurant, but I wanted to eat on the street as it was hot and it was impossible to do so without being constantly importuned by pushy whores, so I fled.

There was this strange rode with lots of houses but they had signs in the window like
STUDIO 39, Studio 40 I wonder what they were.

They had a older lady outside sweeping up. she was sweeping the same spot when I came back :sherlock:

redgunamo
10-03-2016, 03:42 PM
There was this strange rode with lots of houses but they had signs in the window like
STUDIO 39, Studio 40 I wonder what they were.

They had a older lady outside sweeping up. she was sweeping the same spot when I came back :sherlock:

:nod: Special Branch, no doubt.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:43 PM

The burger, the hot dog, the bratwurst, the sweet and sour chicken balls, the banh mi, all the things you really want to eat are a meat sandwich.

Burney
10-03-2016, 03:47 PM
The burger, the hot dog, the bratwurst, the sweet and sour chicken balls, the banh mi, all the things you really want to eat are a meat sandwich.

Mexican food is basically all in sandwich form. You may be onto something here.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Mexican food is basically all in sandwich form. You may be onto something here.

We need to find a way to turn rice and vegetables into bread.

Brentwood
10-04-2016, 08:06 AM

The 90s wons with those buttons down the leg so you can quickly unpop them

World's End Stella
10-04-2016, 09:17 AM

Pastrami on rye with swiss cheese and mustard and a large dill pickle on the side :cloud9:

I miss NY sometimes :-(

Sir C
10-04-2016, 09:19 AM
Pastrami on rye with swiss cheese and mustard and a large dill pickle on the side :cloud9:

I miss NY sometimes :-(

The Brass Rail at Selfridges will supply this :shrug:

Also a quite magnificent Reuben :cloud9:

World's End Stella
10-04-2016, 09:23 AM

It won't provide it as I want it though, Charles. I have never, and I repeat never, had good pastrami outside of Manhattan.

It's the way the world works, I'm afraid.

Burney
10-04-2016, 09:25 AM

Harry Morgan in St John's Wood's pretty good also.

I love a Reuben. If I'm in the US, I have to discipline myself not to eat them all the time.

World's End Stella
10-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Harry Morgan in St John's Wood's pretty good also.

I love a Reuben. If I'm in the US, I have to discipline myself not to eat them all the time.

Corned beef on dark rye toasted with swiss cheese, sauerkraut and either mayo or russian dressing? There are a few varieties about. All of them good.

Sandwiches in NY made me fat, I had to cut back and eat salads. Which are also enormous and fattening over there but not quite on the pastrami, reuben and chicken parm scale.

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 09:32 AM

There's the whole Being in New York-thing to consider as well, I suppose.