PDA

View Full Version : What does it mean when the end of your finger goes numb?

Sir C
10-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Am I having a f ucking stroke here?

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 11:55 AM

It means put the guitar down.

Burney
10-03-2016, 11:56 AM

Could be Vibration White Finger. Have you been using a lot of power tools lately?

By the way, I've always thought Vibration White Finger would have been an ace name for an Acid Jazz band.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-03-2016, 12:00 PM
I will use Vibration White Finger as my underground busking name

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 12:05 PM
I will use Vibration White Finger as my underground busking name

can I join brother? we probably know the same songs.

Ash
10-03-2016, 12:06 PM
can I join brother? we probably know the same songs.

Have you worked out who it is, yet?

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 12:07 PM

Nope. I have no idea.

Brentwood
10-03-2016, 12:20 PM
Could be Vibration White Finger. Have you been using a lot of power tools lately?

By the way, I've always thought Vibration White Finger would have been an ace name for an Acid Jazz band.

I was using an electric sander at the weekend and had a tingling sensation in my hand for about 30 mins afterwards. It was quite pleasant. I also let it brush against my testes a little bit, which was a quite magnificent sensation, I can tell you

redgunamo
10-03-2016, 12:21 PM

Rolf Harris?

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Rolf Harris?

Rol Ferris.

greynose
10-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Could be ulnar nerve if it is the 4th (little) finger or 3rd finger. Can get inflamed at elbow, try not to lean on elbow when driving, at computer etc.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Could be ulnar nerve if it is the 4th (little) finger or 3rd finger. Can get inflamed at elbow, try not to lean on elbow when driving, at computer etc.

Thank you greynose, it is the 3rd finger and, now that you mention it, there is a mild stiffness of the elbow.

At last we appear to have a poster of education and empathy! Your presence is most, most welcome.

Tell us a little of yourself, that we may become better acquainted. One assumes you are in the medical line; an apothcaary, perhaps? A barber surgeon?

But soft, I see you are no newcomer recently come amongst us, but an old hand. Were you previously known by a different name? Are you undercover?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
10-03-2016, 12:40 PM

You could have the bends

Pokster
10-03-2016, 01:00 PM
Thank you greynose, it is the 3rd finger and, now that you mention it, there is a mild stiffness of the elbow.

At last we appear to have a poster of education and empathy! Your presence is most, most welcome.

Tell us a little of yourself, that we may become better acquainted. One assumes you are in the medical line; an apothcaary, perhaps? A barber surgeon?

But soft, I see you are no newcomer recently come amongst us, but an old hand. Were you previously known by a different name? Are you undercover?

Are you grooming him??? Its a rum do when our resident medical "exper" Rich won't tell you if you are about to snuff it

Sir C
10-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Are you grooming him??? Its a rum do when our resident medical "exper" Rich won't tell you if you are about to snuff it

Must you be so vulgar?

Pokster
10-03-2016, 01:36 PM
Must you be so vulgar?

I'm concerned about your health.... I know you aren't grroming him as you , like me, are too old for that sort of thing

Sir C
10-03-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm concerned about your health.... I know you aren't grroming him as you , like me, are too old for that sort of thing

Well, quite. I might try to gain access to his prescription pad, but I have no use for his genitals.

Ash
10-03-2016, 02:04 PM
Well, quite. I might try to gain access to his prescription pad, but I have no use for his genitals.

Did you see this, btw? Old news, new book, I think.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/sep/25/blitzed-norman-ohler-adolf-hitler-nazi-drug-abuse-interview

Sir C
10-03-2016, 02:07 PM
Did you see this, btw? Old news, new book, I think.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/sep/25/blitzed-norman-ohler-adolf-hitler-nazi-drug-abuse-interview

Yes, I'm tempted to buy the book but I sort of wonder how much more there is to be said.

I've had ex Bomber Command pilots tell me about having to drink loads of scotch after a mission to sleep because all the pills made them so jumpy. No wonder they missed the fúcking target.

greynose
10-03-2016, 02:13 PM
[QUOTE=Sir C;4131039]
/QUOTE]

No just a lurker really. But I have recently suffered the same complaint so am pleased to help. I'm not the sort to use a pseudonym so am not undercover as you put it.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 02:15 PM
[QUOTE=Sir C;4131039]
/QUOTE]

No just a lurker really. But I have recently suffered the same complaint so am pleased to help. I'm not the sort to use a pseudonym so am not undercover as you put it.

You have set my mind at ease and I am grateful, greynose. I hope your finger/elbow complaint clears up soon.

Ash
10-03-2016, 02:16 PM
I'm not the sort to use a pseudonym so am not undercover as you put it.

So your name is actually greynose? Is your family connected to the Greyjoys at all?