PDA

View Full Version : What are the minor things that currently annoy you?

Brentwood
10-03-2016, 10:35 AM
1. When i'm doing the dishes and guests try to help by piling up the dirty pans into the sink i'm using. Then i have to put my hands into dirty hot water to fish out spoons and put them in the dishwasher.

2. When newspapers like the Independent try to get down with the kids and compete with buzzfeed by posting **** like "Someone said 'Lady Garden' on Coronation Street and the internet couldn't cope"

3. When people try to make a non issue that nobody has ever cared about, and make a big deal out of it. Like being allowed to talk about being on the blob

Viva Prat Vegas
10-03-2016, 10:45 AM
The man in the office who keeps sneezing pisses me off
:furious:

Mo Britain less Europe
10-03-2016, 10:49 AM
A rseholes on Facebook telling you all about their dull as ditchwater lives.

C unts on mobile phones in the train or any other public enclosed area.

The sound Twitter makes. I could kill the guy who invented it.

People who don't use deodorant.

"Spare some change" vagrants.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 10:50 AM
1. When i'm doing the dishes and guests try to help by piling up the dirty pans into the sink i'm using. Then i have to put my hands into dirty hot water to fish out spoons and put them in the dishwasher.

2. When newspapers like the Independent try to get down with the kids and compete with buzzfeed by posting **** like "Someone said 'Lady Garden' on Coronation Street and the internet couldn't cope"

3. When people try to make a non issue that nobody has ever cared about, and make a big deal out of it. Like being allowed to talk about being on the blob

1. People who drive forwards into parking spaces. Park pretty, for God's sake!

2. Men wearing hats indoors. Mind you, that's not really a minor thing.

With regard to your point 1, b, might I recommend a dishwasher?

Sir C
10-03-2016, 10:51 AM
A rseholes on Facebook telling you all about their dull as ditchwater lives.

C unts on mobile phones in the train or any other public enclosed area.

The sound Twitter makes. I could kill the guy who invented it.

People who don't use deodorant.

"Spare some change" vagrants.

You're awfully angry today, m. Calm yourself.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-03-2016, 10:52 AM
You should have seen me Friday when it took my cab nearly three hours to get from Luton to Birmingham.

Viva Prat Vegas
10-03-2016, 10:53 AM
When I hear a loud cund talking on their mobile on the bus I whistle and cough loudly every 20 seconds to disrupt the call

Mo Britain less Europe
10-03-2016, 10:54 AM
When I hear a loud cund talking on their mobile on the bus I whistle and cough loudly every 20 seconds to disrupt the call

Brilliant. I sometimes read out sports results out loud when there's a **** on a train doing the same stuff. I am planning to invest in a machine which disrupts mobile signals.

Sir C
10-03-2016, 10:56 AM
You should have seen me Friday when it took my cab nearly three hours to get from Luton to Birmingham.

Have you considered learning some Buddhist techniques? I can see from here, your aura is dreadfully red and your chakras are unbalanced. I'll PM you details of the retreats I run - we can address your issues with meditation, the rejection of choleric meat products and alcohol, and denial of self-pollution.

Tony C
10-03-2016, 10:57 AM
No £100 notes in the Uk....man got to walk about with a bunch of shi try fifites and twenties in my wallet innit fam

Burney
10-03-2016, 11:02 AM

People who let loads of cars out from a side road into crawling traffic and (presumably) think they are the nice guy for doing so, apparently not realising that they are delaying those behind them who have been queuing patiently. Cünts.

Burney
10-03-2016, 11:04 AM

Christ. It's bad enough having to go from Luton to Birmingham, which is very much out of the ****heap and into the cesspit. :-(

Burney
10-03-2016, 11:04 AM
1. People who drive forwards into parking spaces. Park pretty, for God's sake!

2. Men wearing hats indoors. Mind you, that's not really a minor thing.

With regard to your point 1, b, might I recommend a dishwasher?

Sometimes you have to park forwards to stop other cùnts getting the space

Viva Prat Vegas
10-03-2016, 11:08 AM
People who suddenly open their car doors at 90 degrees
I would love to drive along and knock one off

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 11:17 AM

1) Being left hanging job wise.

2) How's about that then.

3) my telecaster is ****ed

4) It's Monday.

Burney
10-03-2016, 11:21 AM
1) Being left hanging job wise.

2) How's about that then.

3) my telecaster is ****ed

4) It's Monday.

Re: 2) Do you mean that you're annoyed that your wife didn't like you showing her your pink willy or at the fact that Sir Jingle Jangle did it?

Mo Britain less Europe
10-03-2016, 11:21 AM
Christ. It's bad enough having to go from Luton to Birmingham, which is very much out of the ****heap and into the cesspit. :-(

I dunno, Birmingham has a few things going for it.

Luton is irredeemable though.

Burney
10-03-2016, 11:23 AM
I dunno, Birmingham has a few things going for it.

Luton is irredeemable though.

They spent a lot on the area around New Street. And the jewellery district, Edgbaston and St Paul's Square are OK.

Luton, on the other hand, is the Stoke of the south.

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Re: 2) Do you mean that you're annoyed that your wife didn't like you showing her your pink willy or at the fact that Sir Jingle Jangle did it?

I am not completely sure. I wish it never had existed.

What if I start doing it on trains. Even worse I have to go to the optician soon.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-03-2016, 11:25 AM
They spent a lot on the area around New Street. And the jewellery district, Edgbaston and St Paul's Square are OK.

Luton, on the other hand, is the Stoke of the south.

Brum has two very good art museums, a fine Symphony Hall, some decent architecture and Lasans - one of the finest Indian restaurants in UK.

Luton has.......????

Burney
10-03-2016, 11:29 AM
I am not completely sure. I wish it never had existed.

What if I start doing it on trains. Even worse I have to go to the optician soon.

I think you should definitely start doing it on trains, f.

After all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut6D-1akP_w

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 11:31 AM
I think you should definitely start doing it on trains, f.

After all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut6D-1akP_w

I actually have been watching these type of videos recently.

Burney
10-03-2016, 11:32 AM
I actually have been watching these type of videos recently.

What? Ones involving Sir Jim?

Pat Vegas
10-03-2016, 11:34 AM
What? Ones involving Sir Jim?

British rail. There are some amazingly cheesy training videos on there.

The good old days when a high vis jacket was a tabard.

Ash
10-03-2016, 11:56 AM

I used to live on the edge of Moseley. Very nice area - architecturally the Hampstead of the Midlands.

Pokster
10-03-2016, 12:16 PM

Being stopped in the street every lunchtime by either a charity or someone else doing a survey asking for 10 minutes of your time

Brentwood
10-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Being stopped in the street every lunchtime by either a charity or someone else doing a survey asking for 10 minutes of your time

It was bad enough when I thought they were volunteers, but the cunds are on commission.

I once had a row with an Amnesty International won once when i took a bird out on a date to London. They were on the news at the time for doing something i disagreed with and I made a right tit of myself tbf

Ash
10-03-2016, 12:21 PM

:hehe: African defending from the kindly Northern lad there.

Just blank the feckers and march past them.

PSRB
10-03-2016, 12:21 PM

People who don't read your holiday notes and then somehow think it's okay to blame you when something doesn't get done! :furious:

Pokster
10-03-2016, 12:24 PM
:hehe: African defending from the kindly Northern lad there.

Just blank the feckers and march past them.

I do... pretend to be on the phone, look away from them and the feckers still step in front of you to stop you

PSRB
10-03-2016, 01:05 PM
I do... pretend to be on the phone, look away from them and the feckers still step in front of you to stop you

Then use the Richard Ashcroft "Bitter Sweet Symphony" technique

Mo Britain less Europe
10-03-2016, 03:49 PM
I used to live on the edge of Moseley. Very nice area - architecturally the Hampstead of the Midlands.

Mosley lived on the edge too.

Ash
10-04-2016, 12:57 AM
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/Morris-Minor--Series--II--w.jpg

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
10-04-2016, 06:35 AM
Then use the Richard Ashcroft "Bitter Sweet Symphony" technique
What - pinch some music off the Stones, lose a court case and end up making fùck all money from your best song?
:rubchin:

World's End Stella
10-04-2016, 09:44 AM
What - pinch some music off the Stones, lose a court case and end up making fùck all money from your best song?
:rubchin:

Which Stones song did he pinch that from, out of interest? :rubchin:

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 10:05 AM
Which Stones song did he pinch that from, out of interest? :rubchin:

The Last Time, I think.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-04-2016, 10:06 AM
The Last Time, I think.

Which sounds nothing like Bitter Sweet Symphony actually.

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 10:07 AM

He should've said that in court, imo.

World's End Stella
10-04-2016, 10:14 AM

Quite, in fact I can't think of a single Stones song that sounds anything like it. Perhaps something from their acid stage that I'm not familiar with.

Burney
10-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Quite, in fact I can't think of a single Stones song that sounds anything like it. Perhaps something from their acid stage that I'm not familiar with.

It's from an orchestral version of 'The Last Time' and the bit that was sampled wasn't written, played or arranged by any of the Rolling Stones, but they owned the copyright.

Mo Britain less Europe
10-04-2016, 10:17 AM

Well, listen to The Last Time, after all that's what it is supposed to plagiarise. Nonsense.

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 10:20 AM

".. a string loop based on the orchestral arrangement of "The Last Time"

No, me neither. May as well be in ****ing Chinese.

TheCurly
10-04-2016, 10:29 AM
It's from an orchestral version of 'The Last Time' and the bit that was sampled wasn't written, played or arranged by any of the Rolling Stones, but they owned the copyright.

Indeed.At the time Keef blamed "the bread heads".
The very same "bread heads" that Keef employs to look after his bread.

Burney
10-04-2016, 10:31 AM
Indeed.At the time Keef blamed "the bread heads".
The very same "bread heads" that Keef employs to look after his bread.

Let's be honest here, though. All of the 'Folk Hero'/'Cor look at all the drugs he takes' stuff aside, Keith Richards is a total fùcking idiot, isn't he?

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 10:35 AM
Let's be honest here, though. All of the 'Folk Hero'/'Cor look at all the drugs he takes' stuff aside, Keith Richards is a total fùcking idiot, isn't he?

He's brilliant, imo. An example to all.

As a child, he once sang for the Queen, you know.

TheCurly
10-04-2016, 10:55 AM

A chap that falls out of a coconut tree is alright by me imo

World's End Stella
10-04-2016, 11:03 AM
He's brilliant, imo. An example to all.

As a child, he once sang for the Queen, you know.

Quite. In fact, he's more than ace and certainly is right up there for 'the world's greatest living Englishman' title.

You have to respect a man who has done that much living.

Burney
10-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Quite. In fact, he's more than ace and certainly is right up there for 'the world's greatest living Englishman' title.

You have to respect a man who has done that much living.

Funny way to spell 'heroin' imo.

No. He's a cock imo. There's nothing particularly admirable about a man like that. Take away the fame and he'd be living under a bridge somewhere smelling of meths and no-one would admire him.

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 11:16 AM

No. He's a cock imo. There's nothing particularly admirable about a man like that. Take away the fame and he'd be living under a bridge somewhere smelling of meths and no-one would admire him.

You could say that about anyone though, albeit perhaps replacing "fame" with "money".

TheCurly
10-04-2016, 11:18 AM
You could say that about anyone though, albeit perhaps replacing "fame" with "money".

Well,that's the thing.If he didn't have money (ie affording the best gear) he'd be a dead.

Sir C
10-04-2016, 11:22 AM

Quite a decent guitarer, mind.

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 11:32 AM
Well,that's the thing.If he didn't have money (ie affording the best gear) he'd be a dead.

Yeah, but he *has* got it so it's good to admire him, imo.

Burney
10-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Quite a decent guitarer, mind.

Another good review - this time from the irreproachable (although somewhat biased) Mr Hepworth.

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2016/10/im-poser-im-good-why-bruce-springsteen-man-born-tell-stories

TheCurly
10-04-2016, 11:34 AM
Yeah, but he *has* got it so it's good to admire him, imo.

I like him.The world needs more cartoon people imo

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 11:37 AM
I like him.The world needs more cartoon people imo

Not too many, then the price would go down.

Sir C
10-04-2016, 11:41 AM
Another good review - this time from the irreproachable (although somewhat biased) Mr Hepworth.

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2016/10/im-poser-im-good-why-bruce-springsteen-man-born-tell-stories

I saw a picture of me recently from 1985, wearing a Born In The USA tour sleeveless t-shirt and a red bandana, so this line really makes me chuckle. “Looking back at those pictures now,” he reflects, “I think I look simply . . . gay.”

The press seem to be universally supportive, don't they? Actually, all the attention is really pissing me off now. It started about 10 years ago when people began to acknowledge him as a bit of a legend, but now everyone is jumping on the fawning bus.

They can all fúck off. They know nothing of Bruce. Some of us have put the hard yards in over the years. #likedthembeforetheywerecool

Burney
10-04-2016, 11:43 AM
I saw a picture of me recently from 1985, wearing a Born In The USA tour sleeveless t-shirt and a red bandana, so this line really makes me chuckle. “Looking back at those pictures now,” he reflects, “I think I look simply . . . gay.”

The press seem to be universally supportive, don't they? Actually, all the attention is really pissing me off now. It started about 10 years ago when people began to acknowledge him as a bit of a legend, but now everyone is jumping on the fawning bus.

They can all fúck off. They know nothing of Bruce. Some of us have put the hard yards in over the years. #likedthembeforetheywerecool

It's OK. I understand. Rest assured I won't be jumping on the bandwagon. I still think he's...y'know..OK-ish. :thumbup:

I want to see the picture of a 20 year-old you with a bandana on, though. :hehe:

TheCurly
10-04-2016, 11:45 AM

I had a request handed up to me one time.It asked for any Bruce song that wasn't a hit single.He spelt it "Springstein" so I ripped it up :-(

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 11:49 AM
I had a request handed up to me one time.It asked for any Bruce song that wasn't a hit single.He spelt it "Springstein" so I ripped it up :-(

You would have played "Atlantic City", I suppose?

SWv2
10-04-2016, 11:49 AM

I saw this myself recently, think it was in a piece in the Sunday Times about his book. Didn't read the whole thing but noticed the "gay" comment.

Surprised the touchy queens didn't start screaming about this comment.

It's utterly harmless of course but when did such a criteria bother poofs about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Sir C
10-04-2016, 11:51 AM

Mother of God, have these people no shame?

I was in a club once in the 80s and they played a 'dance remix' of Dancing In The Dark. Now I hate Dancing In The Dark almost as much as Bruce, who was persuaded by CBS to grant them a commercial hit single, but a 'dance remix'? I was almost physically sick.

Sir C
10-04-2016, 11:52 AM
I saw this myself recently, think it was in a piece in the Sunday Times about his book. Didn't read the whole thing but noticed the "gay" comment.

Surprised the touchy queens didn't start screaming about this comment.

It's utterly harmless of course but when did such a criteria bother poofs about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Yes, I thought that. I kind of supposed that no one could possibly imagine that Bruce could use the term pejoratively.

SWv2
10-04-2016, 11:54 AM
Yes, I thought that. I kind of supposed that no one could possibly imagine that Bruce could use the term pejoratively.

Indeed, did he not pull a gig recently because there was no bog for the freaks or something?

He is clearly in touch with his minority sensibilities.

****e mind you (personal opinion).

:vsign:

redgunamo
10-04-2016, 11:57 AM

He meant "happy, cheerful", do you mean?