PDA

View Full Version : So many talking points this weekend: Brexit definitely happening; Ed Balls dancing;

Burney
10-03-2016, 08:54 AM
Louis Theroux's programme about Savile, etc.

But surely the big story this weekend was Richard Keys revealing himself once again to be a weapons-grade shītehawk? wd Keysey. It's a genuinely impressive effort when the most distasteful thing about your affair isn't that it's with your daughter's friend. :clap:

Ash
10-03-2016, 08:56 AM

But surely the big story this weekend was Richard Keys revealing himself once again to be a weapons-grade shītehawk? wd Keysey. It's a genuinely impressive effort when the most distasteful thing about your affair isn't that it's with your daughter's friend. :clap:

What's this about Keysey?

Burney
10-03-2016, 08:58 AM
What's this about Keysey?

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/01/ex-sky-sports-presenter-richard-keys-leaves-wife-with-cancer-for-daughters-friend-6164078/

Sir C
10-03-2016, 09:02 AM

1. May. The mad old bat's actually going to do it, isn't she? Hold on tight, we're in for quite the ride.
2. Balls. Saw a short clip. Had to turn it off. The weird thing is that it'll probably get him re-elected.
3. Theroux. Didn't see. Sounded like a bit of a self-indulgent conscience assuaging exercise. He could have gone to the police at the time.
4. Keys. Fair play. 59 and still got it.

Burney
10-03-2016, 09:15 AM
1. May. The mad old bat's actually going to do it, isn't she? Hold on tight, we're in for quite the ride.
2. Balls. Saw a short clip. Had to turn it off. The weird thing is that it'll probably get him re-elected.
3. Theroux. Didn't see. Sounded like a bit of a self-indulgent conscience assuaging exercise. He could have gone to the police at the time.

1. It's the best move she could have made. It essentially tells the EU that we're prepared for our base negotiating position to be hard Brexit and thereby pulls the rug from underneath their feet by taking away their biggest threats. It says we're not going to be bullied.

2. It won't get him elected. It will haunt him like Miliband's sandwich.

3. Quite so. There seemed to be an implication that telling your senior producer at the BBC about something discharges your moral duties when it clearly doesn't. Most interesting thing about it was it showed just how pally Theroux was with Savile after the documentary, which seemed quite extraordinary given that his original documentary was predicated on just how creepy the guy was.

4. Keys - what can you say?

Sir C
10-03-2016, 09:20 AM
1. It's the best move she could have made. It essentially tells the EU that we're prepared for our base negotiating position to be hard Brexit and thereby pulls the rug from underneath their feet by taking away their biggest threats. It says we're not going to be bullied.

2. It won't get him elected. It will haunt him like Miliband's sandwich.

3. Quite so. There seemed to be an implication that telling your senior producer at the BBC about something discharges your moral duties when it clearly doesn't. Most interesting thing about it was it showed just how pally Theroux was with Savile after the documentary, which seemed quite extraordinary given that his original documentary was predicated on just how creepy the guy was.

4. Keys - what can you say?

1. I really expected her to fudge it until it went away. My word, but there's going to be some upheaval.

2. The bovine inhabitants of some northern ****hole will love him. "Ooh remember him on Strictly?" :tick:

3. He was friendly with himafterwards? That is odd, as you say, because he semed genuinely creeped out by him at the time. Anyway, the fúcker's dead now, we should all move on.

4. I wonder what attracted the 27 year old to the hirsute multi-millionaire presenter?

Burney
10-03-2016, 09:26 AM
1. I really expected her to fudge it until it went away. My word, but there's going to be some upheaval.

2. The bovine inhabitants of some northern ****hole will love him. "Ooh remember him on Strictly?" :tick:

3. He was friendly with himafterwards? That is odd, as you say, because he semed genuinely creeped out by him at the time. Anyway, the fúcker's dead now, we should all move on.

4. I wonder what attracted the 27 year old to the hirsute multi-millionaire presenter?

The thing is that it's going to be going on against the backdrop of very possibly completely different governments in France and Germany who may well have had to adopt certain anti-EU stances in order to get elected. That, in addition to all the other chaos within the EU, could make the timing very interesting.
Also, I like the idea of 'Great Repeal Act'. We haven't had any legislation prefaced with the word 'Great' since the 19th Century. More of this sort of thing, please.

The Theroux thing is worth watching just for that aspect alone. In fairness to him, it's quite honest of him to show it.

Ash
10-03-2016, 09:26 AM

Is that how it works? If one can throw one's ill wife out of the window to prove one's virility with a younger woman then that's tickety-boo? :-(

Sir C
10-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Is that how it works? If one can throw one's ill wife out of the window to prove one's virility with a younger woman then that's tickety-boo? :-(

I wasn't being entirely serious, a.

Burney
10-03-2016, 09:30 AM

I don't think he's thrown her out of the window, has he? Besides, it now turns out she's saying they're not getting divorced. Clearly some grovelling has been going on. :hehe:

Ash
10-03-2016, 09:38 AM
I wasn't being entirely serious, a.

Ah. So did he smash her, presumably? Whatever that is.

Burney
10-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Ah. So did he smash her, presumably? Whatever that is.

'Smash it'. In this form of banter, it's customary to refer to the lady as 'it', I believe.

redgunamo
10-03-2016, 09:57 AM

Depends on the wife, I suppose.