PDA

View Full Version : The BBC's Pick You Greatest Arsene XI

Tony C
09-30-2016, 10:02 AM
I ended up picking most of the invincibles i.e. Lehmann, Lauren, Sol, Adams, Silvinho (who I just loved), Freddie, Parlour, Vieira, Pires, Bergkamp and Henry.

Everyone's will be more or less along those lines so how about this - What's your Bestest-Shi*ttest Arsene XI

Got to be some real gems in here!! Here's mine:

Rami Shabaan starts in goal...his best position

Justin Hoyte at right back
Nelson Vivas at right centre half
Oleg Luzhny at left centre half
Juan at left back

Luis Boa Morte on the right
Denislon aka the Brazilian David Batty in midfield
Grimandi (C)
Alberto Mendex on the left

Yaya Sanogo and Kaba Diawara the two strikers

I think this qualifies as one of the bestest shi*ttest Arsene sides of all time imo

Personally think Wenger never gave the Vivas-Oleg centrehalf axis much chance imo...played them 1 game there and we won 4-2 vs Sparta Prague.

Tony C
09-30-2016, 10:06 AM
by the way...to this day...even with some of the horrific misses our strikers have done (Germissio vs Bradford being the stuff of nightmares) Kaba Diawara was perhaps the most unluckiest and most costliest for us.

Jesus fkin Christ...he did everything but score for us...it was incredible.

Think on that faithful night at Ellend Road when we more or less lost the Championship he hit the bar at a very crucial stage too.

Burney
09-30-2016, 10:09 AM
I ended up picking most of the invincibles i.e. Lehmann, Lauren, Sol, Adams, Silvinho (who I just loved), Freddie, Parlour, Vieira, Pires, Bergkamp and Henry.

Everyone's will be more or less along those lines so how about this - What's your Bestest-Shi*ttest Arsene XI

Juan at left back

Grimandi (C)

I think this qualifies as one of the bestest shi*ttest Arsene sides of all time imo

Personally think Wenger never gave the Vivas-Oleg centrehalf axis much chance imo...played them 1 game there and we won 4-2 vs Sparta Prague.

Ridicules to have an Arsene worst XI and not have Stepanovs at centre half imo. And that other fella who arrived with Kos was crap, too. French chap.

Tony C
09-30-2016, 10:12 AM
It's the Bestest-Shi*ttest bit the Worsest-Shi*ttest imo

IUFG
09-30-2016, 10:15 AM
Squillaci? **** wasn't he?

Senderos, Djourou, Cygan, Tavlaridis, similarly ****.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
09-30-2016, 10:18 AM

Juan at left back

Grimandi (C)

I can't believe you left Park Chu-Young out.

Burney
09-30-2016, 10:21 AM

That was a bloody odd one, wasn't it? I'd love to know what happened there? It's as if the Tesco man delivered players and they hadn't had the one we wanted in stock and they offered a crap replacement and someone signed it off without checking.

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 10:27 AM
That was a bloody odd one, wasn't it? I'd love to know what happened there? It's as if the Tesco man delivered players and they hadn't had the one we wanted in stock and they offered a crap replacement and someone signed it off without checking.

:corruption:

Pat Vegas
09-30-2016, 10:29 AM

Well to be fair we never saw enough of him to know if he was **** or not.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
09-30-2016, 10:31 AM
I think AW bought him just for the League Cup as he played more in that than anything else during his time with us :shrug: He scored a good goal too iirc.

Pat Vegas
09-30-2016, 10:33 AM
I think AW bought him just for the League Cup as he played more in that than anything else during his time with us :shrug: He scored a good goal too iirc.

The whole thing was weird. Given number 9 then they gave it to Podolski.
Then we never heard anything about him and this whole national service stuff.

barrybueno
09-30-2016, 12:37 PM
I'd have to put Almoonia in goal. God I hated that ****ing spastic!

Luis Anaconda
09-30-2016, 12:41 PM
The whole thing was weird. Given number 9 then they gave it to Podolski.
Then we never heard anything about him and this whole national service stuff.

Got an exemption from National Service when they got a bronze in the 2012 Olympics

Pat Vegas
09-30-2016, 12:44 PM
Got an exemption from National Service when they got a bronze in the 2012 Olympics

I can't remember completely but he seemed to play well in that.

I liked his league cup goal it was TH14esque.