PDA

View Full Version : I do think it is odd that the spokesman for the National Forum is called

Luis Anaconda
09-30-2016, 09:21 AM
Tam Fry - fairly sure I ordered that in an Edinburgh cafe once and it certainly encouraged obesity

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:26 AM
Tam Fry - fairly sure I ordered that in an Edinburgh cafe once and it certainly encouraged obesity

I just wish the scotch would learn to accept that there's no such name as 'Tam'.

This outraged me not a little. What the hell is a tory government doing trying to bully privately-owned businesses over what they may or may not sell? If lardarses want to shovel shít into their faces, that's nothing to do with the government.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/30/restaurants-risk-being-named-and-shamed-in-government-obesity-cr/

Sir C
09-30-2016, 09:28 AM
I just wish the scotch would learn to accept that there's no such name as 'Tam'.

This outraged me not a little. What the hell is a tory government doing trying to bully privately-owned businesses over what they may or may not sell? If lardarses want to shovel shít into their faces, that's nothing to do with the government.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/30/restaurants-risk-being-named-and-shamed-in-government-obesity-cr/

I blame Dave. I told you he was a communist. He's turned the Tory party into authoritarian leftists :-(

Luis Anaconda
09-30-2016, 09:31 AM

Funnily enough I thought it might. It is totally ridiculous. From the businesses' point of view, though, they must be thinking this is great - "We can cut our portions, keep prices the same and blame the government. Sweet"

Ash
09-30-2016, 09:35 AM
Funnily enough I thought it might. It is totally ridiculous. From the businesses' point of view, though, they must be thinking this is great - "We can cut our portions, keep prices the same and blame the government. Sweet"

I am not amused also. Where will it end? Will they be telling us how many eggs or sausages I may eat for breakfast, or how many pints a pub can serve me?

I don't eat puddings, but feel solidarity with pudding-scoffers on this. Hands off our puddings!

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 09:37 AM

It's just "Thomas", ain't it.

Sir C
09-30-2016, 09:38 AM
I am not amused also. Where will it end? Will they be telling us how many eggs or sausages I may eat for breakfast, or how many pints a pub can serve me?

I don't eat puddings, but feel solidarity with pudding-scoffers on this. Hands off our puddings!

I saw a chap order three eggs with his breakfast recently.

Where do you stand on this issue of three eggs? Surely the correct number of eggs is two?

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:38 AM
I blame Dave. I told you he was a communist. He's turned the Tory party into authoritarian leftists :-(

It's fúcking disgraceful. Not only is it authoritarian, it gives yet more encouragement to the misplaced sense of victimhood and lack of personal responsibility of these fat fùcks, thus encouraging them to feed their faces while blaming someone else.

I'm fuming.

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:40 AM

Where do you stand on this issue of three eggs? Surely the correct number of eggs is two?

How many eggs a man eats is between him, his god and his colon. Personally, I always find two eggs too much with a fry up and one too few. The ideal for me would be a double-yolker.

Ash
09-30-2016, 09:41 AM

The corrrect number of eggs is indeed two. Three eggs is a bit kinky but I can see the attraction.

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:41 AM
It's just "Thomas", ain't it.

Yes. It's 'Tom', but with a silly accent. When did we start spelling names wrong just because people choose to have a regional accent?

Sir C
09-30-2016, 09:44 AM
The corrrect number of eggs is indeed two. Three eggs is a bit kinky but I can see the attraction.

Three eggs is the coirrect number for an omelette or for scrambled eggs, let us not forget that. But boiled, fried or poached, two shall be the number to which thou shalt count.

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:47 AM
Three eggs is the coirrect number for an omelette or for scrambled eggs, let us not forget that. But boiled, fried or poached, two shall be the number to which thou shalt count.

Let's be honest, though, the white of any egg is essentially pointless. Some yolk must always be retained in order to make the white palatable. There is nothing worse when eating a boiled egg to finish off the yolk and find yourself with just egg white remaining. That is a joyless experience and is why the double-yolked egg is the way forward.

Sir C
09-30-2016, 09:47 AM
How many eggs a man eats is between him, his god and his colon. Personally, I always find two eggs too much with a fry up and one too few. The ideal for me would be a double-yolker.

Nonsense. This is a matter of etiquette. You might as well contend that a man may leave his hat on indoors. Certainly he may choose so to do, but he will, rightfully, attract the scorn of his peers. So be it with eggs.

Sir C
09-30-2016, 09:48 AM
Let's be honest, though, the white of any egg is essentially pointless. Some yolk must always be retained in order to make the white palatable. There is nothing worse when eating a boiled egg to finish off the yolk and find yourself with just egg white remaining. That is a joyless experience and is why the double-yolked egg is the way forward.

:yikes: Are you quite well?

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:51 AM
:yikes: Are you quite well?

Perfectly. I simply have very definite ideas about eggs.

This is what the sophisticated gentleman about town orders from his grocer when it comes to eggs. Anything else is folly.

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 09:51 AM
Yes. It's 'Tom', but with a silly accent. When did we start spelling names wrong just because people choose to have a regional accent?

Everyone always has done, imo. Depending on where I happen to be, I myself am Jody or Seph or Jost or Sepp or Jupp or Joe or Yussuf or Pepp or Josh or Jack and so on. You see them all written down.

Sir C
09-30-2016, 09:52 AM
Everyone always has done, imo. Depending on where I happen to be, I myself am Jody or Seph or Jost or Sepp or Jupp or Joe or Yussuf or Pepp or Josh or Jack and so on. You see them all written down.

Your multiple passports and cover stories don't count.

Ash

Someone on here went through a phase of throwing away the yolks and just eating egg-white, possibly as part of some narcissistic body-building programme. :-|

I once had a box of eggs where three or four in a row were double-yolked. I felt like I'd won the lottery. :cloud9: Surely there's a way of genetically engineering them.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
Message reported to Curly. He believes the correct number of eggs is 0 iirc.

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:54 AM
Someone on here went through a phase of throwing away the yolks and just eating egg-white, possibly as part of some narcissistic body-building programme. :-|

I once had a box of eggs where three or four in a row were double-yolked. I felt like I'd won the lottery. :cloud9: Surely there's a way of genetically engineering them.

Ummm...there is just the possibility that you'd bought a box of double-yolked eggs, a.

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:55 AM

Yussuf? I'm calling MI5.

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 09:56 AM
Your multiple passports and cover stories don't count.

Ah, yes. To be sure.

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 09:59 AM
Yussuf? I'm calling MI5.

It was almost certainly their idea in the first place. Even insist people grow beards from time to time, despite the fact that the redgunamos are pretty much a hairless breed :-(

Burney
09-30-2016, 10:01 AM
It was almost certainly their idea in the first place. Even insist people grow beards from time to time, despite the fact that the redgunamos are pretty much a hairless breed :-(

How very Richard Burton. The Victorian explorey sex one, not the Where Eagles Dare one.

Ash
09-30-2016, 10:04 AM
Ummm...there is just the possibility that you'd bought a box of double-yolked eggs, a.

I'm sure they weren't. I never knew such things existed.

Sir C
09-30-2016, 10:05 AM
Perfectly. I simply have very definite ideas about eggs.

This is what the sophisticated gentleman about town orders from his grocer when it comes to eggs. Anything else is folly.

So much egg wrongness. A chap whispers his request to his girls at bedtime and hopes for the best.

Burney
09-30-2016, 10:06 AM
So much egg wrongness. A chap whispers his request to his girls at bedtime and hopes for the best.

Oh, well if you're just going to rely on chickens, you deserve everything you get. This is science, man! Get with the 21st century.

Burney
09-30-2016, 10:07 AM
I'm sure they weren't. I never knew such things existed.

Well now you know better you can enjoy that special feeling every time you have an egg. Or you can buy normal eggs and seed the box with double yolkers so that they come as a wonderful surprise every time. Like Russian Roulette, but nice.

Sir C
09-30-2016, 10:09 AM
Oh, well if you're just going to rely on chickens, you deserve everything you get. This is science, man! Get with the 21st century.

Of course the Eggs Benedict makes a mockery of the whole business. Eggs with egg sauce, for all love!

Burney
09-30-2016, 10:11 AM
Of course the Eggs Benedict makes a mockery of the whole business. Eggs with egg sauce, for all love!

You wonder who the first chap to discover the magic an egg can perform in cooking was. They really do some marvellous things.