PDA

View Full Version : Roy Keane is quite the sophisticated thinker, isn't he?

Sir C
09-30-2016, 08:44 AM
"Tonight was a lovely game for Arsenal, when they're in that form they're great to watch. They could've score seven, eight, nine goals easily: a joy to watch.

"But the crunch games are coming up for them over the next few months, when the cold nights come in and we'll see half the Arsenal players with their gloves on."

Gloves. For. Fúck's. Sake.

Brentwood
09-30-2016, 08:46 AM
"Tonight was a lovely game for Arsenal, when they're in that form they're great to watch. They could've score seven, eight, nine goals easily: a joy to watch.

"But the crunch games are coming up for them over the next few months, when the cold nights come in and we'll see half the Arsenal players with their gloves on."

People moaning about players wearing gloves is one of my biggest bugbears. Look at this pussy

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/25/article-2401676-07A2A9C3000005DC-188_634x836.jpg

Burney
09-30-2016, 08:51 AM

Did you by any chance see the Premier League show or whatever it's called? They did a 20 years of AW special with ex-players, Amy Lawrence and Piers Morgan round the table. It was interesting if for nothing else but the outright withering contempt that Ian Wright, John Hartson and Martin Keown clearly displayed for that odious **** Morgan's anti-AW views. At one point I thought (hoped) that Martin Keown was going to lose his rag and simply rip his head off.

The regard that all the players - a couple of whom have no great reason to love him - clearly hold for Wenger was striking, actually.

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 08:53 AM
People moaning about players wearing gloves is one of my biggest bugbears. Look at this pussy

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/08/25/article-2401676-07A2A9C3000005DC-188_634x836.jpg

:nod: Winning the title simplifies everything; you can do anything you want then. Even fill up the internets with post-match selfies.

Sir C
09-30-2016, 08:55 AM
Did you by any chance see the Premier League show or whatever it's called? They did a 20 years of AW special with ex-players, Amy Lawrence and Piers Morgan round the table. It was interesting if for nothing else but the outright withering contempt that Ian Wright, John Hartson and Martin Keown clearly displayed for that odious **** Morgan's anti-AW views. At one point I thought (hoped) that Martin Keown was going to lose his rag and simply rip his head off.

The regard that all the players - a couple of whom have no great reason to love him - clearly hold for Wenger was striking, actually.

I saw a brief clip of that, possibly at that moment where Keown was debating whether to defenestrate the cóckslime Morgan :hehe:

Mind you, why anyone would be interested in what he has to say on the matter of Wenger (or, indeed, anything else) is a mystery.

I've got this suspicion that Southgate is going to be left in charge of England until May and then Wenger will take it on. :-(

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:02 AM
I saw a brief clip of that, possibly at that moment where Keown was debating whether to defenestrate the cóckslime Morgan :hehe:

Mind you, why anyone would be interested in what he has to say on the matter of Wenger (or, indeed, anything else) is a mystery.

I've got this suspicion that Southgate is going to be left in charge of England until May and then Wenger will take it on. :-(

Keown made the excellent point that - whatever you think about AW - it's undeniable that he arrived at a domestically significant club and will leave behind an internationally significant one.

Re: England, why would he do it, though? Why would he let himself in for that sort of grief and why would he want a role where he can't micro-manage?

Sir C
09-30-2016, 09:05 AM
Keown made the excellent point that - whatever you think about AW - it's undeniable that he arrived at a domestically significant club and will leave behind an internationally significant one.

Re: England, why would he do it, though? Why would he let himself in for that sort of grief and why would he want a role where he can't micro-manage?

It may be a matter of ego. 20 years in this country and, in the main, he is treateed reasonably shoddily by the press and the public in general. Becoming England manager would be the ultimate :vsign:

As for the grief, that would only come with failure, and he doesn't contemplate failure.

Ash
09-30-2016, 09:08 AM

I think Arsene would have to officially be declared senile if he took that on. He cannot have failed to notice the fate that befalls *all* England managers, surely? Not to mention having to manage a team comprised only of pigdogs, whose development as players he has no control over.

I suspect he is teasing the FA and meeja to get them to be nice to him. Very shrood, if so.

Luis Anaconda
09-30-2016, 09:12 AM

And how does this lad think he will amount to anything if he wears gloves ffs 305

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 09:13 AM
I think Arsene would have to officially be declared senile if he took that on. He cannot have failed to notice the fate that befalls *all* England managers, surely? Not to mention having to manage a team comprised only of pigdogs, whose development as players he has no control over.

I suspect he is teasing the FA and meeja to get them to be nice to him. Very shrood, if so.

I sincerely hope you're right.

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:16 AM
It may be a matter of ego. 20 years in this country and, in the main, he is treateed reasonably shoddily by the press and the public in general. Becoming England manager would be the ultimate :vsign:

As for the grief, that would only come with failure, and he doesn't contemplate failure.

But he does this every time the England job becomes available. Someone asks him if he's interested, he gives a polite answer but cites his domestic responsibilities and nothing ever comes of it.

Brentwood
09-30-2016, 09:25 AM
But he does this every time the England job becomes available. Someone asks him if he's interested, he gives a polite answer but cites his domestic responsibilities and nothing ever comes of it.

I think he's probably enjoying the fact that 2 weeks ago his own fans were shouting poisonous abuse at him, and now he's flavour of the month and being linked to the most prestigious job in the country

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 09:29 AM
I think he's probably enjoying the fact that 2 weeks ago his own fans were shouting poisonous abuse at him, and now he's flavour of the month and being linked to the most prestigious job in the country

Most prestigious? Replacing Roy Hodgson and Sam Allardyce :dubious:

I agree, He must be loving it though.

Brentwood
09-30-2016, 09:30 AM
Most prestigious? Replacing Roy Hodgson and Sam Allardyce :dubious:

I agree, He must be loving it though.

Most prestigious in the eyes of the media that is, I wouldn't even quit my desk job to do it

Sir C
09-30-2016, 09:31 AM

It is my dearest wish that he wins the league this season, then stands on the balcony of Islington town hall flicking vs at the gathered massive and walks away. Still flicking vs. And shouting 'fúck you all'.

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Most prestigious in the eyes of the media that is, I wouldn't even quit my desk job to do it

I think that's only because there's nothing else to talk about during international weeks, so the England manager has Fleet Street all to himself.

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 09:35 AM
It is my dearest wish that he wins the league this season, then stands on the balcony of Islington town hall flicking vs at the gathered massive and walks away. Still flicking vs. And shouting 'fúck you all'.

It is my dearest wish that He wins the league this season.

SWv2
09-30-2016, 09:41 AM

I saw this after the rapey murder Belfast drama.

Hartson was interesting as a player jettisoned very early by Wenger but spoke with such respect and reverence.

Morgan is a mug but a tiny part of me give him respect for arguing his view, irrespective of agreeing with him or not, in the face of such intimidating adversaries (or Keown to put it mildly). There was one piece which you have referred to where MK seemed to be fighting to keep it together where he almost morphed into sub-human.

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:44 AM
I saw this after the rapey murder Belfast drama.

Hartson was interesting as a player jettisoned very early by Wenger but spoke with such respect and reverence.

Morgan is a mug but a tiny part of me give him respect for arguing his view, irrespective of agreeing with him or not, in the face of such intimidating adversaries (or Keown to put it mildly). There was one piece which you have referred to where MK seemed to be fighting to keep it together where he almost morphed into sub-human.

He deserves no respect. His whole schtick is to be the most irritating **** in any given room and he gets away with it because he knows people aren't allowed to just hit him, which is obviously what ought to happen in a civilised society.

SWv2
09-30-2016, 09:46 AM

I think it is seen as most prestigious by the current assortment of English managers as almost every one of them will never see employment at one of the elite clubs – well apart from Eddie Howe who is coming to us.

As supporters of the game it is naïve for us to try and dilute the importance of international football for the professionals as it is still seen in most cases as being over and above club participation.

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 09:54 AM
I think it is seen as most prestigious by the current assortment of English managers as almost every one of them will never see employment at one of the elite clubs – well apart from Eddie Howe who is coming to us.

As supporters of the game it is naïve for us to try and dilute the importance of international football for the professionals as it is still seen in most cases as being over and above club participation.

There's got to be strong doubts about that amongst England's top players though? I do understand the commercial rewards for wearing the Three Lions is lavish.

I agree about the current crop of English managers though.

Burney
09-30-2016, 09:57 AM

I would prefer him to whip his hampton out and take a piss on the assembled mouth-breathers before doing as you say.

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 10:02 AM
I would prefer him to whip his hampton out and take a piss on the assembled mouth-breathers before doing as you say.

No chance! These people ensure He gets His eight million a-year and that the club rakes in more than any other football club in the world.

He *is* an economist, after all.

SWv2
09-30-2016, 10:02 AM
There's got to be strong doubts about that amongst England's top players though? I do understand the commercial rewards for wearing the Three Lions is lavish.

I agree about the current crop of English managers though.

Dunno, who are England’s top players???

Take our very own little Jackie Wilshere, sure was the reason he stamped his feet and asked to be loaned out not reported as being largely influenced by his omission from the England squad??

Move away from England but remain within your so called British Isles, the top player on a global stage is Gareth Bale who just so happens to be employed by the biggest club in world football. Witness his national pride and enthusiasm for the red dragon at all times during the Euros.

Cross the rough waters of the Irish Sea and our very own gun toting traveller Robbie Keane has recently stated that in all times of his career the wearing of the green Irish shirt was the most important thing. Not that I would believe him.

Fans, or some fans, don’t like it as we see it getting in the way of the real thing.

Professional players love a bit of it.

See also Ronaldo at the Euros .. Neymar at the Olympics.

redgunamo
09-30-2016, 10:06 AM
Dunno, who are England’s top players???

Take our very own little Jackie Wilshere, sure was the reason he stamped his feet and asked to be loaned out not reported as being largely influenced by his omission from the England squad??

Move away from England but remain within your so called British Isles, the top players on a global stage is Gareth Bale who just so happens to be employed by the biggest club in world football. Witness his national pride and enthusiasm for the red dragon at all times during the Euros.

Cross the rough waters of the Irish Sea and our very own gun toting traveller Robbie Keane has recently stated that in all times of his career the wearing of the green Irish shirt was the most important thing. Not that I would believe him.

Fans, or some fans, don’t like it as we see it getting in the way of the real thing.

Professional players love a bit of it.

See also Ronaldo at the Euros .. Neymar at the Olympics.

Jackie's issues were linked more closely to his omission from the Arsenal team, rather than the England squad, imo. I agree about all the others but England is different.

If we were brilliant it would be quite different again, of course.