PDA

View Full Version : What's your favourite type of curry, AWIMB?

World's End Stella
09-29-2016, 10:50 AM
And no, I don't mean tikka massala or korma or vindaloo. I mean which country or region do you prefer?

Northern India, Southern India, Malaysian, Thai, Kashmiri, Vietnamese etc etc

Personally, I've always loved Japanese curry and never been that keen on Thai.

redgunamo
09-29-2016, 10:53 AM
And no, I don't mean tikka massala or korma or vindaloo. I mean which country or region do you prefer?

They all look the same to me, to be honest. Never had one I didn't enjoy.

TheCurly
09-29-2016, 10:54 AM

I like the sweet won WES,the won that has coconut and raisins innit.West Indian is it?

SWv2
09-29-2016, 11:02 AM
They all look the same to me, to be honest. Never had one I didn't enjoy.

For sure though I was led to believe that most of the Indian curries we get are in fact Bangladeshi curries so I am ****ed if I know the exact origin of my favourite.

Which is madras by the way.

Wes :vsign:

World's End Stella
09-29-2016, 11:04 AM
For sure though I was led to believe that most of the Indian curries we get are in fact Bangladeshi curries so I am ****ed if I know the exact origin of my favourite.

Which is madras by the way.

Wes :vsign:

I don't know many things, but I knew this. I knew that SW's reply would be the most predictable reply in the thread. Only surprised it didn't mention pints.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-29-2016, 11:08 AM

Glasgowwww

Mo Britain less Europe
09-29-2016, 11:11 AM
Northern India. Gymkhana is the best restaurant in London for curries at the moment.

SWv2
09-29-2016, 11:13 AM
I don't know many things, but I knew this. I knew that SW's reply would be the most predictable reply in the thread. Only surprised it didn't mention pints.

I actually think mine is the most informative.

I’m not sure I would know the difference between Northern or Southern Indian nor indeed Kashmiri as they all come from the same place and are normally delivered by a young lad in a Celtic shirt.

I will make a point of asking him next time where the curry is from. His answer may well be worth the cost in itself.

redgunamo
09-29-2016, 11:16 AM

I’m not sure I would know the difference between Northern or Southern Indian nor indeed Kashmiri as they all come from the same place and are normally delivered by a young lad in a Celtic shirt.

I will make a point of asking him next time where the curry is from. His answer may well be worth the cost in itself.

Right. Sometimes the most important thing is the skinful that goes with it.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-29-2016, 11:17 AM

Believe it or not, however basta rdised, most of the curries served in UK do have their origins as distinct dishes in distinct areas. It would be unlikely to find pork dishes outside the Goa area, or beef dishes in the south where the vast majority are Hindu. Fish curries are much more prevalent in the south and east. Etc

Maravilloso Marvo
09-29-2016, 11:20 AM
I go to a little place in Tooting and they are Sri Lankan. I think there isn't a single dish I've had there that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed.

I had a few curries in Bali last year, regardless of how you ask for it, they all tasted the same and all were ridiculesly hot.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
09-29-2016, 11:21 AM

Ginster's Curried Cornish Pasties :eat:

World's End Stella
09-29-2016, 11:23 AM
I go to a little place in Tooting and they are Sri Lankan. I think there isn't a single dish I've had there that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed.

I had a few curries in Bali last year, regardless of how you ask for it, they all tasted the same and all were ridiculesly hot.

Generally, as I mentioned, I don't like Thai curry for some reason. However I just finished a green Thai curry from the company cafeteria and it was quite delicious. They had gyoza on the side, bizarrely. Also quite delicious.

World's End Stella
09-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Ginster's Curried Cornish Pasties :eat:

Well I'm known as being a man with an open mind, 71, I hope you won't be offended if I point out how **** Cornish pasties are.

Remarkably ****, really. Soz.

IUFG
09-29-2016, 11:29 AM
any.

I like trying the chef specials at places i haven't been before.

I have found the more chilli heat the better.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
09-29-2016, 11:29 AM
Well I'm known as being a man with an open mind, 71, I hope you won't be offended if I point out how **** Cornish pasties are.

Don't even think about crossing the Tamar, wes. I'll be there to repel you with my pitchfork.

Luis Anaconda
09-29-2016, 11:49 AM

Wes - saying you sound like you've had a lobotomy is not the same as thinking you have an open mind