PDA

View Full Version : The BBC seem awfully keen on Wenger for England.

Sir C
09-28-2016, 08:10 AM
:hehe: As if.

He wouldn't, would he? :yikes:

Burney
09-28-2016, 08:16 AM

Presumably it's because they know he's about the only senior manager with any track record out there who isn't on the take.

Sir C
09-28-2016, 08:20 AM
Presumably it's because they know he's about the only senior manager with any track record out there who isn't on the take.

Doesn't drink, won't take a bung... he's a dullard really, isn't he? :-(

redgunamo
09-28-2016, 08:20 AM

If He was in any doubt about it, I suspect The Daily Telegraph has now dispelled it once and for all.

We dined here http://www.restaurant-pierre-bois-et-feu.fr/ last night. Good steaks but sadly they seem to have sworn some sort of solemn oath against just putting them in a sandwich for you :-|

redgunamo
09-28-2016, 08:24 AM

Many years ago, my old man said the thing in his business career that made him most proud was that he had managed to cash out and get out of it with his good name and reputation in tact. Puzzled me at the time, I was too young and callow to understand.

Sir C
09-28-2016, 08:26 AM
If He was in any doubt about it, I suspect The Daily Telegraph has now dispelled it once and for all.

We dined here http://www.restaurant-pierre-bois-et-feu.fr/ last night. Good steaks but sadly they seem to have sworn some sort of solemn oath against just putting them in a sandwich for you :-|

Not the value option, then. 32 euros for a magret de canard? Strong, imo.

7sisters
09-28-2016, 08:28 AM

A 400k consultancy retainer appears to be the going rate, with Stan's approval of course.

redgunamo
09-28-2016, 08:36 AM

I was entertaining the wife and her mother and another of her female relatives, with my dad along as my wingman.

Burney
09-28-2016, 08:36 AM

That would have to be some fùcking duck imo.

Sir C
09-28-2016, 08:39 AM
I was entertaining the wife and her mother and another of her female relatives, with my dad along as my wingman.

My mother-in-law wouldn't get a 32 euro magret de canard out of me, I can assure you.

Burney
09-28-2016, 08:43 AM
My mother-in-law wouldn't get a 32 euro magret de canard out of me, I can assure you.

Would you not consider yourself to be being 'asked the question' in such a scenario?

Sir C
09-28-2016, 08:50 AM
Would you not consider yourself to be being 'asked the question' in such a scenario?

No one can ask the question over a fúcking duck breast, man. A bottle of claret, yes. A fine automobile, certainly.

A saignant duck breast, non.

Burney
09-28-2016, 08:53 AM
No one can ask the question over a fúcking duck breast, man. A bottle of claret, yes. A fine automobile, certainly.

A saignant duck breast, non.

Ah, I see. There are clearly rules to these things of which I know naught. €42 for Tournedos Rossini's a bit fúcking toppish, too, if you ask me. I could buy a cow for that.

redgunamo
09-28-2016, 09:04 AM

What question? :rubchin:

SWv2
09-28-2016, 09:11 AM
Doesn't drink, won't take a bung... he's a dullard really, isn't he? :-(

Does he not drink?

World's End Stella
09-28-2016, 09:12 AM
Does he not drink?

He does drink. But not to excess, I believe.

Which is fine, as he's French.

Burney
09-28-2016, 09:14 AM
Does he not drink?

Not in the sense that you or I would understand the term, no. He probably makes a bottle of red last a week. :-(

redgunamo
09-28-2016, 09:16 AM
He does drink. But not to excess, I believe.

Which is fine, as he's French.

Right. No need for excess here; we just drink constantly and steadily. Brandy for breakfast and so on.

SWv2
09-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Not in the sense that you or I would understand the term, no. He probably makes a bottle of red last a week. :-(

**** me.

Part of me never trusted him. The glasses, the rumours when he first joined, now this.

World's End Stella
09-28-2016, 09:23 AM
Right. No need for excess here; we just drink constantly and steadily. Brandy for breakfast and so on.

I rented a place outside Bordeaux once and the owner told me a story about the Gendarmes and drink driving. Apparently, he was checked coming home one afternoon from Marmande at about 2pm. Everyone was being pulled over and given the breathalyzer test. The Gendarme looked at his, screwed up his face and went and got another one. This chap asked if something was wrong and the Gendarme said 'no, just do it again'. So he did, and once again the Gendarme screwed up his face. Chap asked what the problem was and the Gendarme said 'neither test showed any alcohol at all'. Chap said 'yes I haven't had a drink today', to which the Gendarme replied 'haven't you had lunch?'

:hehe:

Burney
09-28-2016, 09:24 AM
**** me.

Part of me never trusted him. The glasses, the rumours when he first joined, now this.

I know. :-( It's the 'not being able to tie his tie properly' thing that first aroused my suspicions.

redgunamo
09-28-2016, 09:27 AM

Right. Even His physique and form strongly suggest discipline, control and restraint.

Ash
09-28-2016, 09:28 AM

John le Mesurier was famously never drunk, but always had a glass in his hand.

Ash
09-28-2016, 09:29 AM
Right. Even His physique and form strongly suggest discipline, control and restraint.

Except when Alan Pardieu is involved, of course. Or Mourinho.

Sir C
09-28-2016, 09:29 AM
What question? :rubchin:

THE question. Like when you ask mein host for a wine recommendation and he suggests the Haut Brion. Do you duck the question and display your lack of cojones? No, you do not. You pay your money and, in this way, **** in his grotto.

Burney
09-28-2016, 09:31 AM
THE question. Like when you ask mein host for a wine recommendation and he suggests the Haut Brion. Do you duck the question and display your lack of cojones? No, you do not. You pay your money and, in this way, **** in his grotto.

'Duck the question' :hehe: Very good.

By the way 'Jimmy Savile's got my leg!' :hehe: :clap:

Sir C
09-28-2016, 09:34 AM
'Duck the question' :hehe: Very good.

By the way 'Jimmy Savile's got my leg!' :hehe: :clap:

Made me snort, that did :hehe:

Burney
09-28-2016, 09:36 AM
Made me snort, that did :hehe:

Yup. Really had no interest in the rest of the article after that. Touretters are brilliant, aren't they?

redgunamo
09-28-2016, 09:37 AM

A great man. Perhaps he's the inspiration for this anti-alcoholism campaign. This "dolly" became popular on social media here, long before they admitted that she wasn't actually real and someone noticed she always seemed to have drink about.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKpxDmOhjaD/

redgunamo
09-28-2016, 09:38 AM
Except when Alan Pardieu is involved, of course. Or Mourinho.

Yes, of course :-\

Mo Britain less Europe
09-28-2016, 09:39 AM
A great man. Perhaps he's the inspiration for this anti-alcoholism campaign. This "dolly" became popular on social media here, long before they admitted that she wasn't real.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKpxDmOhjaD/

A consenting cuckold despite, or because of, being married to an obese mountain of a woman.

redgunamo
09-28-2016, 09:47 AM
A consenting cuckold despite, or because of, being married to an obese mountain of a woman.

Never met the fellow, of course, but I liked him.

Burney
09-28-2016, 09:54 AM

He was cuckolded by both her bit of stuff (whom he let live with them) and by Tony Hancock, who fùcked his other wife.

Fair to say old John wasn't up to much in the bedroom.

IUFG
09-28-2016, 10:06 AM
didn't the alleged 'kiddie fiddler' stuff turn out to be about Dave Jones?

which turned out to be *******s anyway?

My memory of the 90s is somewhat 'foggy'. . .

redgunamo
09-28-2016, 10:11 AM
He was cuckolded by both her bit of stuff (whom he let live with them) and by Tony Hancock, who fùcked his other wife.

Fair to say old John wasn't up to much in the bedroom.

What does "cuckolded" mean? He and his wife unknowingly raised these other chaps' children for them as their own?

Seems complicated. And pricey.

Luis Anaconda
09-28-2016, 11:06 AM

He died from cirrhosis, so he must have done some supping though