PDA

View Full Version : Basel record this season.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Played 12 Won 11 Drawn 1 Lost 0

Sir C
09-27-2016, 12:40 PM

Yes, but they've been playing Young Boys, Heide and Wánkdorf Utd.

SWv2
09-27-2016, 12:43 PM

Champions League record:

Played 1 Won 0 Drawn 1 Lost 0

They're ****ing ****.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-27-2016, 01:05 PM
"They saw off Liverpool in the Champions League group stage two years ago, did the same to Chelsea a year earlier, put Spurs out of the Europa League on penalties in April 2013 and beat Manchester United in the Champions League in 2011."

SWv2
09-27-2016, 01:18 PM
"They saw off Liverpool in the Champions League group stage two years ago, did the same to Chelsea a year earlier, put Spurs out of the Europa League on penalties in April 2013 and beat Manchester United in the Champions League in 2011."

You started off with this season now you are stretching back as far as 2011 for spurious facts to back up your argument.

Personally speaking, for myself only you understand, I couldn't give two ****s how good or **** Basel are.

Luis Anaconda
09-27-2016, 01:27 PM
You started off with this season now you are stretching back as far as 2011 for spurious facts to back up your argument.

Personally speaking, for myself only you understand, I couldn't give two ****s how good or **** Basel are.

Maybe you would prefer this - Basel record 1981

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7VnHnX3LQ

SWv2
09-27-2016, 01:35 PM

I remember her well.

I expect us to win with relative ease given we are at home and playing well and playing a relative minnow. Now of course football does strange things at times but generally speaking it follows the pattern of big slaying little.

If I honestly thought they had a better than slim chance I would be wading in on the 8/1 available.

Luis Anaconda
09-27-2016, 01:39 PM
I remember her well.

I expect us to win with relative ease given we are at home and playing well and playing a relative minnow. Now of course football does strange things at times but generally speaking it follows the pattern of big slaying little.

If I honestly thought they had a better than slim chance I would be wading in on the 8/1 available.

Good side but lost a lot of players in recent years as well (including Elneny and and Xhaka). Lack of competition at home does not necessarily bode well for tougher assignments in Europe as Celtic will testify

Mo Britain less Europe
09-27-2016, 01:48 PM
I expect us to win but if you don't give respect that's how the way to shock results starts. To ignore they have in the past five seasons (not 30 years ago) knocked out three English clubs - all of whom were expected to beat them - is to open yourself to the same mistake being made again.

SWv2
09-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Good side but lost a lot of players in recent years as well (including Elneny and and Xhaka). Lack of competition at home does not necessarily bode well for tougher assignments in Europe as Celtic will testify

Yes I remember Salah from a few years back, presumably in a win or match against an English side.

I’m sure they are a decent side and all that and if their manager has them organised they may be tough to break down however stand by earlier possibly simplistic comment, big v little, if we start well I would expect a comfortable enough win as we continue our annual progress to the next stages.

I will be watching Dortmund v Real tonight, watched BVB last Friday and thought they were again tremendous. They appear to have bought or re-organised very well to compensate for the high profile summer losses. The third goal by Geurrero was a thing of beauty (though not as good as Theo’s).

Luis Anaconda
09-27-2016, 01:55 PM
Yes I remember Salah from a few years back, presumably in a win or match against an English side.

I’m sure they are a decent side and all that and if their manager has them organised they may be tough to break down however stand by earlier possibly simplistic comment, big v little, if we start well I would expect a comfortable enough win as we continue our annual progress to the next stages.

I will be watching Dortmund v Real tonight, watched BVB last Friday and thought they were again tremendous. They appear to have bought or re-organised very well to compensate for the high profile summer losses. The third goal by Geurrero was a thing of beauty (though not as good as Theo’s).
I shall be keeping an eye on that tonight. I did watch Friday but I will admit by the third goal, things were a bit hazy. Thought the lad Mor was outstanding at times in the first half.

redgunamo
09-27-2016, 02:09 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NW7VnHnX3LQ

Boom Boom! :cooper: