PDA

View Full Version : So I take it we all accept now that Sir Braddles Wiggles is bent?

Burney
09-26-2016, 10:14 AM
The extraordinary thing to me is not that top cyclists have extremely murky relationships with medication, but that anyone is still in any way surprised that this should be the case. :shrug:

redgunamo
09-26-2016, 10:20 AM
The extraordinary thing to me is not that top cyclists have extremely murky relationships with medication, but that anyone is still in any way surprised that this should be the case. :shrug:

No doubt about it, imo. That did not look good at all.

Furthermore, I even suspect the whole para-olympic nonsense was invented to muddy the doping waters even more.

Football has done the right thing in simply not taking it (doping) seriously, imo. I doubt the public really gives a stuff anyway and the Premier League, for example, understands that better than anyone, that that's what mattress.

Burney
09-26-2016, 10:25 AM

Furthermore, I even suspect the whole para-olympic nonsense was invented to muddy the doping waters even more.

Football has done the right thing in simply not taking it (doping) seriously, imo. I doubt the public really gives a stuff anyway and the Premier League, for example, understands that better than anyone, that that's what mattress.

Well it isn't in anyone's interest to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs, is it? Everyone from governing bodies, through the media and down to the humble fans prefers the comforting illusion that players can just keep getting fitter and faster by purely natural means rather than the tedious truth.

redgunamo
09-26-2016, 10:28 AM
Well it isn't in anyone's interest to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs, is it? Everyone from governing bodies, through the media and down to the humble fans prefers the comforting illusion that players can just keep getting fitter and faster by purely natural means rather than the tedious truth.

Exactly. It just doesn't matter.

Well done, football.

Ash
09-26-2016, 11:00 AM
Exactly. It just doesn't matter.

Well done, football.

Arsene Wenger does not like this. :-(

redgunamo
09-26-2016, 11:02 AM

Yeah, He does, if He wins the league again and He no longer needs to distract everyone's attention.

Burney
09-26-2016, 11:02 AM

Remember how Sanchez looked like the second coming when he first arrived from Barca, running all day, chasing everything down and scoring freely? Funny how his form dropped off.

Ash
09-26-2016, 11:04 AM
Remember how Sanchez looked like the second coming when he first arrived from Barca, running all day, chasing everything down and scoring freely? Funny how his form dropped off.

And how he would say that some players he bought arrived at the club with "too many red blood cells".

Pat Vegas
09-26-2016, 11:06 AM

Well anyone who is into cycling too much is always a bit suspect imo.

Just an excuse to wear tight fitting Lycra.

Oh the other kind of bent.

Sir C
09-26-2016, 11:07 AM
And how he would say that some players he bought arrived at the club with "too many red blood cells".

Manchester City certainly seem to have plenty of Pep about them this season.

Burney
09-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Manchester City certainly seem to have plenty of Pep about them this season.

Yes. This from a side that on occasion last year appeared so sluggish as to be virtually stationary.

World's End Stella
09-26-2016, 12:17 PM

I have no issue with the para-olympics as they seem to make a lot of people happy. What I don't understand is how they work from a practical perspective. Presumably there must be degrees of disability and you have to reach some standard to be eligible, which strikes me as somewhat bizarre.

Interviewer: So Dave, you've just set your 3rd world record in these para-olympics, how does it feel?
Dave: Feels great, thanks
Interviewer: You really smashed that last record, Dave, what's your secret?
Dave: I'm less crippled than the rest of them

:-|

SWv2
09-26-2016, 12:30 PM
Yeah, He does, if He wins the league again and He no longer needs to distract everyone's attention.

Very good R.