PDA

View Full Version : According to some genius on the telly, we got 'lucky' with the third goal because it

Sir C
09-26-2016, 09:56 AM
went in off the post.

I put it to you that, given a chance on the volley, the decision to strike over the ball and go back across goal is anything but lucky.

redgunamo
09-26-2016, 09:58 AM
went in off the post.

I put it to you that, given a chance on the volley, the decision to strike over the ball and go back across goal is anything but lucky.

Fair comment, I reckon. If it hits the post and stays out, we'd agree that it was "unlucky", wouldn't we.

Burney
09-26-2016, 09:58 AM
went in off the post.

It also ignores how well Ozil did to get the contact he did on that shot. The ball back to him wasn't actually great.

redgunamo
09-26-2016, 10:01 AM
It also ignores how well Ozil did to get the contact he did on that shot. The ball back to him wasn't actually great.

It was rubbish actually, Alexis got lucky there.

Burney
09-26-2016, 10:04 AM
It was rubbish actually, Alexis got lucky there.

:nod: I was ready to curse Sanchez for a donkey-bothering Chilean bumbler when I saw the ball nestling happily in the back of the net and forgot my ire.

World's End Stella
09-26-2016, 12:37 PM
went in off the post.

Was it Steve Mcmanaman? Lord but does his scouse accent grate on me. You know someone has an irritating accent when you're desperate to hear Glenn Hoddle speak to relieve the pain.