PDA

View Full Version : I like watching Hector Bellerin run

World's End Stella
09-26-2016, 07:55 AM
or, more accurately, I like watching him glide. Yes, that's it, our beautifully haired wee Spanish chap glides over the pitch making those players who engage in that vulgar running action look positively pedestrian. He really is a joy to watch.

Barca/Madrid are going to bid £60mil for him in the summer, aren't they? :-(

Pokster
09-26-2016, 08:10 AM
or, more accurately, I like watching him glide. Yes, that's it, our beautifully haired wee Spanish chap glides over the pitch making those players who engage in that vulgar running action look positively pedestrian. He really is a joy to watch.

No Barca will bid £30m and go on about DNA to try to get him on the cheap

World's End Stella
09-26-2016, 08:15 AM

You mean like they did with that appalling, shark faced, not very good anymore turncoat Cesc Fabregas, Pokster?

I have faith in Hector, he's better than that. I hope :-\

Pokster
09-26-2016, 08:21 AM
You mean like they did with that appalling, shark faced, not very good anymore turncoat Cesc Fabregas, Pokster?

I have faith in Hector, he's better than that. I hope :-\

Careful you'll get Sir Charles angry, Cesc is his lovechild I do believe

Burney
09-26-2016, 08:21 AM

There was a bit on Saturday when he went through the gears to outpace Pedro and make a covering tackle where I started to wonder if he might actually be faster than Tel in his prime.

Sir C
09-26-2016, 08:28 AM

I wonder if Barcelona fans get annoyed every time we nick one of their academy players?

Sir C
09-26-2016, 08:30 AM
There was a bit on Saturday when he went through the gears to outpace Pedro and make a covering tackle where I started to wonder if he might actually be faster than Tel in his prime.

Apparently Walcott is quicker than Henry, and now Bellerin is quicker than Walcott.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11522694/Arsenal-news-Hector-Bellerin-is-officially-quickest-player-ever-at-the-club-and-he-shows-no-sign-of-slowing-down.html

Luis Anaconda
09-26-2016, 08:32 AM
I think he almost certainly is.

This chap is quite speedy too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHsSTyoSsY

Mo Britain less Europe
09-26-2016, 08:32 AM
I wonder if Barcelona fans get annoyed every time we nick one of their academy players?

Maybe. I wonder if the fans of other teams in Catalunya and northern Spain get annoyed every time Barcelona nick one of their young players for their academy?

Sir C
09-26-2016, 08:34 AM
Maybe. I wonder if the fans of other teams in Catalunya and northern Spain get annoyed every time Barcelona nick one of their young players for their academy?

I expect they do, m. Everyone's at it, I suppose.

Burney
09-26-2016, 08:35 AM
Apparently Walcott is quicker than Henry, and now Bellerin is quicker than Walcott.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11522694/Arsenal-news-Hector-Bellerin-is-officially-quickest-player-ever-at-the-club-and-he-shows-no-sign-of-slowing-down.html

Yes, but empirical evidence aside, I've never really believed that Walcott is actually faster than Tel was.

Sir C
09-26-2016, 08:36 AM
Yes, but empirical evidence aside, I've never really believed that Walcott is actually faster than Tel was.

Really? I think Walcott looks significantly faster than Henry. Maybe it's his stature; Overmars always looked unbelievably quick to me.

Burney
09-26-2016, 08:41 AM
Really? I think Walcott looks significantly faster than Henry. Maybe it's his stature; Overmars always looked unbelievably quick to me.

Yes, Overmans looked incredibly quick because he had little legs that went like the clappers, giving a greater impression of speed. Henry's greater stride made his pace look less frantic and he seemed to eat up ground in an almost uncanny way. I've never seen anyone who made opponents look like they were standing still in the way Henry appeared to. Funny the tricks the eye plays.

Ash
09-26-2016, 08:45 AM

Well, their president sees us as a finishing school.

Sir C
09-26-2016, 08:48 AM
Well, their president sees us as a finishing school.

I suppose the deal has worked out rather better for us than for them, really. All that money they paid for Overmars and Petit wasn't great value, was it? And we got much more out of Cesc than they did.

eastgermanautos
09-26-2016, 08:50 AM

They stockpile them! It's an incredible salt mine of talent. They can''t complain because they've already loansharked them away from their parents at aged 12.

Ash
09-26-2016, 08:50 AM
I suppose the deal has worked out rather better for us than for them, really. All that money they paid for Overmars and Petit wasn't great value, was it? And we got much more out of Cesc than they did.

I think they've actually paid for about half of our stadium all together.

eastgermanautos
09-26-2016, 08:53 AM
I think they've actually paid for about half of our stadium all together.

Them and Man City.

redgunamo
09-26-2016, 08:55 AM
their long strides make it seem to untrained, inexperienced, not to mention inebriate, judges (which is practically all of them. *******s) it seems as though they are not working so hard and running so fast.

redgunamo
09-26-2016, 08:56 AM
Yes, Overmans looked incredibly quick because he had little legs that went like the clappers, giving a greater impression of speed. Henry's greater stride made his pace look less frantic and he seemed to eat up ground in an almost uncanny way. I've never seen anyone who made opponents look like they were standing still in the way Henry appeared to. Funny the tricks the eye plays.

Anelka even more so than Thierry, imo.

Burney
09-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Anelka even more so than Thierry, imo.

Maybe. Plus, of course, it was easy to make people like Danny Mills look like they were standing still because in comparative terms, they were.