PDA

View Full Version : Feo's looking better this season. Somewhere I read that his best years were with RVP

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-24-2016, 08:13 PM
but he hasn't replicated that since because he needs a pacey CF to play with. And now, with Alexis, he has that again.

If we could get back to his form that year when he had something like 20 goals and 15 assists, we could be sorted.

Iwobi's assisted this season, but also gives us more creativity from deep - cf his ball to Bellerin today.

Ozil's not been at his best but still being doing his ting.

Alexis has 4 goals and two assists in 6 PL games. (1 in 1 in CL)

The defence is sorted - more cover that I can ever remember. Even in GG's day, we only had Linighan as 4th choice. Now we have Per, Gabby and Holding as 3/4/5

Rambo to come back. (Will Welbz play this season?)

It's just Coq's injury. Let's hope it's not two long. Xhaka will hopefully step up, we know El-Neny's good. But it is best to have Cpq with Santi, at least atm.

Tings are looking up. But do you think Feo's improvement is cos he's playing with an RVP type as opposed to Olly? (Also, with Sanchez on the left, the ball mostly went there. He was the first person Ozzy looked for. But if he's gonna play the ball wide - as opposed to through the middle for Alexis - he can play in Feo as much as Iwobi.)

Mo Britain less Europe
09-24-2016, 10:24 PM
Still not convinced Alexis through the middle is the solution for big games. Abd I think we need more beef in midfield which Xhaka provides.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-24-2016, 10:58 PM
Still not convinced Alexis through the middle is the solution for big games. Abd I think we need more beef in midfield which Xhaka provides.

Do the Chavs no longer count as a big game? I'd love it if they never did again.....

I do hope Xhaka turns out to be top drawer, but I'm still upset that Coq's injured. Hope it's not long. Coqzorla is the perfect foundation on which to build our front 4 so far.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-24-2016, 11:08 PM
They do but every game is different and they were appalling. The Cahill blunder gifted us the first goal and it was all downhill from there for them. But we can't bank on every team gifting us a goal. Speed and strength have to go hand in hand.

I'm fine with Coq but I believe we need to use two holding midfielders in some tougher games, you don't lose that much because all our midfield holding players are good passers of the ball, Xhaka probably the best of the three in that respect.

redgunamo
09-25-2016, 01:27 PM
They do but every game is different and they were appalling. The Cahill blunder gifted us the first goal and it was all downhill from there for them. But we can't bank on every team gifting us a goal. Speed and strength have to go hand in hand.

I'm fine with Coq but I believe we need to use two holding midfielders in some tougher games, you don't lose that much because all our midfield holding players are good passers of the ball, Xhaka probably the best of the three in that respect.

Arrogant *******s, imo. They looked like they thought, "It's only The Arsenal."