09-24-2016, 07:12 PM
Iwobi could become a monster.

eastgermanautos
09-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Iwobi could become a monster.

Iwobi is amazing

Just Trent
09-24-2016, 07:23 PM
Indeed. Let's hope he keeps a level head and doesn't get distracted by the inevitable media hype.
I can't stop laughing at Chelsea though. All that money, and they've still ended up with Cahill and Luis at the back again. It was **** the first time they tried it. Anymore of this and Conte's hair will be falling out, again.

IUFG
09-24-2016, 09:58 PM
Cahill and Luiz?

Like a Senderos / Djourou pairing.

****ing loved it; if only we could have really put them to the sword in the second half . . .

Mo Britain less Europe
09-24-2016, 10:19 PM

****ing loved it; if only we could have really put them to the sword in the second half . . .

Senderos and Djourou cost peanuts. This pair cost £65 million quid.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-24-2016, 10:21 PM

I wrongly thought Djourou was gonna be a top CH. Whatever happened to him?

Mo Britain less Europe
09-24-2016, 10:22 PM
Last seen at Hamburg, he's captain there. No aggression.

Tony C
09-25-2016, 01:57 AM
rapid improvement from the lad...now that we're sorted defensively (back 4 and defensive midfield) it gives players like him the opportunity to shine.

Even Gibbs was taking the pss with them when he came on.

My feeling with Iwobi is that we haven't even seen what he's properly capable of....quite excited.

Hopefully over time Arsene wil, stop wasting his time with Giroud and bring on Lucas instead....I want to see more of him. Giroud is so fkin boring it's unreal. The guy served a purpose when he signed him because we had useless defence and a bunch of slow midgets midfielder who had absolutely no fight about them so needed a big man up front to lump the ball too...That time is gone now...time for the classier players return.

Just one thing....that third goal...happy to be wrong but I think Ozil totally meant to hit the ball into the ground. Had all the time in the world to pick his shot and picked the right one to beat that failed basketball player.

Just my opinion but I think he went for that ground shot.

Mustafi was magnificent :)

What a signing from Arsene!! Could be as important as when he signed Sol on a free.

Santi too...I suspect that injury last season has done him the world of good....gave him time to have a nice break and freshen himself up for this season.

He's been awesome in finding that crucial balance in front of the back 4.

Awesome win....roll on the next one....got to keep the momentum going now.

Tony C
09-25-2016, 02:10 AM
Always felt Djourou would be better in defensive midfield like when we played Grimster them.

Never really rated him but liked him because you could see he was trying his hardest and never gave up.

Senderos on the other hand....for fox sake. Where do you even start with him.....I suppose his home champions league debut.

We had been beaten 2nil over in Munich and the 2nd leg was at Highbury....injuries meant he would start.

Tony Adam was amazing that might....always talking and coaching Senderos all through the game...it was tricky one....he didn't have much to do but as the game wore on and we pressed higher up the pitch he had to be on guard for any quick counters...I think he had one to deal with but had read the situation very well and got a head start on the striker in a foot race.

Finished nil nil and I remember thinking....wow...that was top notch...he could be the next Tony Adams.

Nope...what a utter goofball.

Think he suffered the Richard Wright syndrome...made a few mistakes, confidence went and just a total liability capable of anything....**** me if this was the sixties he'd probably be wanted for the jfk assassination such was his utter f u c k e r y.

Funny thing is....I don't think he ever meant it...just pure bad luck and total lack of confidence.

Confidence is a big thing in football...Iwobi has it now....and long may it continue...Bellerin has it in spades...fancy calling out
Usain Bolt again....but Senderos and Wright just couldn't handle it.

Djourou could....he could take the bad beats and mistakes and still come back for more...just a shame he wasn't all that good.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-25-2016, 02:12 AM
rapid improvement from the lad...now that we're sorted defensively (back 4 and defensive midfield) it gives players like him the opportunity to shine.

Even Gibbs was taking the pss with them when he came on.

My feeling with Iwobi is that we haven't even seen what he's properly capable of....quite excited.

Hopefully over time Arsene wil, stop wasting his time with Giroud and bring on Lucas instead....I want to see more of him. Giroud is so fkin boring it's unreal. The guy served a purpose when he signed him because we had useless defence and a bunch of slow midgets midfielder who had absolutely no fight about them so needed a big man up front to lump the ball too...That time is gone now...time for the classier players return.

Just one thing....that third goal...happy to be wrong but I think Ozil totally meant to hit the ball into the ground. Had all the time in the world to pick his shot and picked the right one to beat that failed basketball player.

Just my opinion but I think he went for that ground shot.

Mustafi was magnificent :)

What a signing from Arsene!! Could be as important as when he signed Sol on a free.

Santi too...I suspect that injury last season has done him the world of good....gave him time to have a nice break and freshen himself up for this season.

He's been awesome in finding that crucial balance in front of the back 4.

Awesome win....roll on the next one....got to keep the momentum going now.

I agree about Santi. The attacking spine is Santi-Ozzy-Alexis. Noice.

Ash
09-25-2016, 11:29 PM

He's done it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxwyLT2olVc

and a pass

https://m.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3dd4j0/mesut_%C3%B6zil_bouncepass_vs_denmark_in_uefa_euro _2012/

eastgermanautos
09-26-2016, 01:31 AM
He's done it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxwyLT2olVc

and a pass

https://m.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3dd4j0/mesut_%C3%B6zil_bouncepass_vs_denmark_in_uefa_euro _2012/

That second one is bloody insane. Nice research!

The problem with Djourou is that he did not have that Spartan moral fiber, that tough-guy look. People like that in Mustafi. His face looks like a piece of wood. Just watching the commentary and Rio Ferdinand is a bit the same way, Terry, etc. Djourou looks like a giant purple-haired tranny. Midfield at best, lol.

Luis Anaconda
09-26-2016, 07:44 AM
Always felt Djourou would be better in defensive midfield like when we played Grimster them.

Never really rated him but liked him because you could see he was trying his hardest and never gave up.

Senderos on the other hand....for fox sake. Where do you even start with him.....I suppose his home champions league debut.

We had been beaten 2nil over in Munich and the 2nd leg was at Highbury....injuries meant he would start.

Tony Adam was amazing that might....always talking and coaching Senderos all through the game...it was tricky one....he didn't have much to do but as the game wore on and we pressed higher up the pitch he had to be on guard for any quick counters...I think he had one to deal with but had read the situation very well and got a head start on the striker in a foot race.

Finished nil nil and I remember thinking....wow...that was top notch...he could be the next Tony Adams.

Nope...what a utter goofball.

Think he suffered the Richard Wright syndrome...made a few mistakes, confidence went and just a total liability capable of anything....**** me if this was the sixties he'd probably be wanted for the jfk assassination such was his utter f u c k e r y.

Funny thing is....I don't think he ever meant it...just pure bad luck and total lack of confidence.

Confidence is a big thing in football...Iwobi has it now....and long may it continue...Bellerin has it in spades...fancy calling out
Usain Bolt again....but Senderos and Wright just couldn't handle it.

Djourou could....he could take the bad beats and mistakes and still come back for more...just a shame he wasn't all that good.
:sherlock: You appear to be getting Kolo Toure and Tony Adams mixed up. Big Phil signed a year after Adams retired.

Those wins (and clean sheets) in Madrid and Milan though :cloud9: