PDA

View Full Version : You know when disabled people claim they are regularly abused and spat at in the

Monty92
09-22-2016, 01:11 PM
street for “being different”?

I just don’t believe them.

Are there lots of arseholes around who can be gratuitously offensive? Absolutely, and this is a bad thing.

Do people stare at the disabled and make them feel self-conscious? Without question, and this is a bad thing.

Is there a pandemic of people hurling abuse at disabled people on the street? No

Why do disabled people lie about the level of abuse they receive?

Sir C
09-22-2016, 01:16 PM

Are there lots of arseholes around who can be gratuitously offensive? Absolutely, and this is a bad thing.

Do people stare at the disabled and make them feel self-conscious? Without question, and this is a bad thing.

Is there a pandemic of people hurling abuse at disabled people on the street? No

It's not just the disableds, though. All those stories of Poles being abused in the streets - I find it extremely hard to believe that this is a common occurence.

My word, there was even a claim that two women on a bus in Wales were abused for speaking Polish to each other, but then, what larks! actually they were speaking Welsh hahahaha! #didn'thappen

SWv2
09-22-2016, 01:16 PM

Might depend on what the modern day definition of disabled is.

When I was a lad a disabled was either in a wheelchair or crusing the streets in a 3 wheeled blue. Not the case anymore I suspect. See Disability Benefit.

In general though I concur with you. I can’t really understand why any people would engage in such abuse.

redgunamo
09-22-2016, 01:18 PM

I'm fairly sure it would happen "regularly". There's an awful lot of disgruntlement about.

Pokster
09-22-2016, 01:25 PM

My brother (who had a stroke 12 years ago) and now has trouble walking and talking, gets regular abuse while he is out.

So how do you know they lie about the level of abuse they get?

Monty92
09-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Might depend on what the modern day definition of disabled is.

When I was a lad a disabled was either in a wheelchair or crusing the streets in a 3 wheeled blue. Not the case anymore I suspect. See Disability Benefit.

In general though I concur with you. I can’t really understand why any people would engage in such abuse.

This bloke, for example. I'm sure you get cruel kids pointing and giggling, but outright abuse from adults? Even a misanthrope like me cannot imagine this being a habitual problem.

SWv2
09-22-2016, 01:28 PM
My brother (who had a stroke 12 years ago) and now has trouble walking and talking, gets regular abuse while he is out.

Do you often end up in altercations as a result of this?

Burney
09-22-2016, 01:29 PM

I've only ever seen disabled people treated with exaggerated courtesy and consideration to the point of condescension.

Obviously we laugh at them behind their backs, but in person they are kindly treated in my experience.

Monty92

What kind of abuse?

I don't *know* that they lie. It's my suspicion that they do.

Sir C
This bloke, for example. I'm sure you get cruel kids pointing and giggling, but outright abuse from adults? Even a misanthrope like me cannot imagine this being a habitual problem.

You shouldn't refer to your mum as 'this bloke'. It's disrespectful.

Pokster
09-22-2016, 01:30 PM
Do you often end up in altercations as a result of this?

I don't..... he has learnt to live with it, it's when he's with his friends and they find it hugely offensive

Sir C
09-22-2016, 01:31 PM
I don't..... he has learnt to live with it, it's when he's with his friends and they find it hugely offensive

This is up norf, isn't it?

We have manners down here.

Monty92
09-22-2016, 01:31 PM
I've only ever seen disabled people treated with exaggerated courtesy and consideration to the point of condescension.

Obviously we laugh at them behind their backs, but in person they are kindly treated in my experience.

Exactly. I am sure there are isolated incidents, but the idea that disabled people routinely face overt discrimination on our streets is patently horse****.

Monty92
09-22-2016, 01:32 PM
You shouldn't refer to your mum as 'this bloke'. It's disrespectful.

I blame your p*nis for her looking like that.

SWv2
09-22-2016, 01:34 PM
Exactly. I am sure there are isolated incidents, but the idea that disabled people routinely face overt discrimination on our streets is patently horse****.

Of course it is isolated incidents as most people in society are normal, respectful people.

The same applies to racism and sexism but it doesn't stop it being reported on as a everyday occurence / crisis.

Burney
09-22-2016, 01:35 PM

Yes. Even so, though, the Paralympics is still utter, utter shït. Talking of which, has it finished yet?

Monty92

Also, everyone up north looks a bit like they've had a stroke.

Mo Britain less Europe
What pisses me off is all these youngish types on mobility scooters zipping around on pavements at speeds well beyond what human mobility normally entails.

Many of them do not appear to have mobility issues (unless you count laziness as being a legitimate reason to have a mobility aid) and almost all of them are irresponsible, integrity-threatening twa ts.

Pokster
09-22-2016, 01:37 PM
What kind of abuse?

I don't *know* that they lie. It's my suspicion that they do.

ots of shouts of spaz and things like that

Monty92
09-22-2016, 01:37 PM
Of course it is isolated incidents as most people in society are normal, respectful people.

The same applies to racism and sexism but it doesn't stop it being reported on as a everyday occurence / crisis.

But listen to them and they talk in terms which suggest they face these incidents on a regular basis. Liars, mate.

Pokster
09-22-2016, 01:38 PM

Yes of course you do

Monty92
09-22-2016, 01:39 PM
ots of shouts of spaz and things like that

Have you suggested that he stops hanging out in school playgrounds?

Pokster
09-22-2016, 01:39 PM
Also, everyone up north looks a bit like they've had a stroke.

So disabled people lie about the amount of abuse they get, and then tossers like you say that all northerners look they have had a stroke... you really are a dumb ****

Pokster
09-22-2016, 01:40 PM
Have you suggested that he stops hanging out in school playgrounds?

So you think it is funny that he gets abuse.... and people wonder why I think you are the biggest **** on here????

SWv2
09-22-2016, 01:41 PM
What pisses me off is all these youngish types on mobility scooters zipping around on pavements at speeds well beyond what human mobility normally entails.

Many of them do not appear to have mobility issues (unless you count laziness as being a legitimate reason to have a mobility aid) and almost all of them are irresponsible, integrity-threatening twa ts.

Just to clarfy Mo, you do realise these things are not mobility scooters:

Mo Britain less Europe
09-22-2016, 01:41 PM
Yes. I don't mean those.

Sir C
09-22-2016, 01:43 PM
Yes of course you do

Ah, chief chip-pisser revealed to have absolutely zero sense of humour shocker!

Pokster
09-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Ah, chief chip-pisser revealed to have absolutely zero sense of humour shocker!

Strangely enough I find it hard to have a sense of humour over this. Silly me

Sir C
09-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Strangely enough I find it hard to have a sense of humour over this. Silly me

This, or indeed anything else.

Lighten up, for fúck's sake.

Pokster
09-22-2016, 01:48 PM
This, or indeed anything else.

Lighten up, for fúck's sake.

I should lighten up over the fact my brother gets regular abuse??? I have a very good sense of humour if you don't mind!

Thsi subject is of particular concern to me seeing as he almost died, and I find it hard to find any of it amusing.

I'm so sorry

Ash
09-22-2016, 01:54 PM

I recall once witnessing a disabled person getting verbally abused by some kids in Kentish Town. It was very sad, and I would have gladly given the perps a clip round the ear were it not for the likelihood of either getting stabbed to death or imprisoned for assault.

Ash
09-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Yes. I don't mean those.

These, perhaps.

http://ib3.huluim.com/video/60492082?region=US&size=600x400

World's End Stella
09-22-2016, 02:12 PM

Bugger, I would have thought that at your age you would have slowed down a bit and let another chap have a go at that one.

Monty92
09-22-2016, 02:12 PM
So you think it is funny that he gets abuse.... and people wonder why I think you are the biggest **** on here????

I don't think it's funny, since I don't believe it happens.

World's End Stella
09-22-2016, 02:15 PM

Looking at this issue from a slightly different perspective, how many disabled claim that they routinely receive this type of abuse?

I can't remember the last time I read or heard of a disabled person claiming this to be true.

Pokster
09-22-2016, 02:19 PM

So even though it has happened to him, you don't beleive it happens?? : headburriedinsand :

Monty92
09-22-2016, 02:28 PM
Looking at this issue from a slightly different perspective, how many disabled claim that they routinely receive this type of abuse?

I can't remember the last time I read or heard of a disabled person claiming this to be true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03jduD9N5o

redgunamo
09-22-2016, 02:40 PM
Just to clarfy Mo, you do realise these things are not mobility scooters:

Yeah, but you *would* say that.

Pokster
09-22-2016, 02:42 PM

Perhaps a lot of the disabled people can't or won't make a point about it as they don't want to draw attention to thelselves??

World's End Stella
09-22-2016, 02:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03jduD9N5o

Ah I see, so your point isn't that disabled people are constantly complaining about something that you don't believe is an issue, it's that when a BBC documentary asked them about it they stated that it did occur yet you still don't believe them.

So the real question is, are an utter c*nt or just an attention seeking c*nt?

AFC East
09-22-2016, 03:00 PM
Perhaps a lot of the disabled people can't or won't make a point about it as they don't want to draw attention to thelselves??

And then they read on a forum somewhere that everyone thinks they're lying anyway?

Ash
09-22-2016, 03:01 PM
And then they read on a forum somewhere that everyone thinks they're lying anyway?

Not everyone.

AFC East
09-22-2016, 03:14 PM
Not everyone.

Fair comment, but seems like a majority.

Ash
09-22-2016, 03:19 PM
Fair comment, but seems like a majority.

It's more of a table in a pub than a forum.

Mc Gooner
09-22-2016, 04:12 PM
Are there lots of arseholes around who can be gratuitously offensive? Absolutely, and this is a bad thing.Absolutely absolutely with all that wishing cancer on people thing you see from time to time.

AFC East
09-23-2016, 11:08 AM
It's more of a table in a pub than a forum.

Fair enough, a table where someone makes a fairly inflammatory and potentially pretty offensive comment (which is fair enough), but then completely ignores someone offering personal evidence countering the claim? Oh and virtually everyone else just laughs?

Every pub has a few ****s, but you'd expect someone to call them out for it.

Ash
09-23-2016, 12:11 PM
Fair enough, a table where someone makes a fairly inflammatory and potentially pretty offensive comment (which is fair enough), but then completely ignores someone offering personal evidence countering the claim? Oh and virtually everyone else just laughs?

Every pub has a few ****s, but you'd expect someone to call them out for it.

Oh, I wasn't at all surprised that my evidence was ignored. If everybody called everyone else out on here for being cùnts every time they were a cùnt there would be an awful lot of calling people out for being cùnts. As for Monty, we're kind of used to him being like that, and much worse. AWIMB isn't really a place for the easily-offended. Never has been. In fact it was a lot meaner in the old days. You should have seen Greg Mitchell. And that bully Nicosia. :driving:

redgunamo
09-23-2016, 12:15 PM
Oh, I wasn't at all surprised that my evidence was ignored. If everybody called everyone else out on here for being cùnts every time they were a cùnt there would be an awful lot of calling people out for being cùnts. As for Monty, we're kind of used to him being like that, and much worse. AWIMB isn't really a place for the easily-offended. Never has been. In fact it was a lot meaner in the old days. You should have seen Greg Mitchell. And that bully Nicosia. :driving:

Mitchell had a nice dog, at least.

AFC East
09-23-2016, 01:35 PM

Not really a question of being offended is it? It doesn't offend me, but how how do you think a disabled person would feel reading it?

To be honest this board is like a dumbed down, less funny, Top Gear.

Ash
09-23-2016, 01:56 PM
Not really a question of being offended is it? It doesn't offend me, but how how do you think a disabled person would feel reading it?

Well maybe you should let them deal with that. :shrug: Hopefully, if they didn't like it they'd log on and give Monty both barrels.

To be honest this board is like a dumbed down, less funny, Top Gear.

:yikes: Don't let Headgear find out that you think Top Gear is funny.

Burney
09-23-2016, 01:58 PM
Well maybe you should let them deal with that. :shrug: Hopefully, if they didn't like it they'd log on and give Monty both barrels.

I suppose that this would be a bad time to use the :headwand: smiley?

Ash
09-23-2016, 02:01 PM
I suppose that this would be a bad time to use the :headwand: smiley?

:hehe: Oh my! We're institutionally offensive!

Burney
09-23-2016, 02:04 PM
:hehe: Oh my! We're institutionally offensive!

Not at all! We are representative! We've got racially diverse and disabled smilies. If you choose to, you could choose to see that as someone severely disabled giving Monty both barrels.

AFC East
09-23-2016, 02:07 PM

Monty is clearly someone desperate to come across as a **** who probably wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life. It was the reaction to Pokster from everyone else that was ****.

Top Gear isn't funny.

Ash
09-23-2016, 02:13 PM
Monty is clearly someone desperate to come across as a **** who probably wouldn't say boo to a goose in real life. It was the reaction to Pokster from everyone else that was ****.

Top Gear isn't funny.

I expect you don't find South Park funny.

Pokster
09-23-2016, 02:14 PM

Top Gear isn't funny.

Thank you.... and Top Gear used to be a bit funny until Evans managed to make it crap

AFC East
09-23-2016, 02:24 PM
I expect you don't find South Park funny.

I used to, got bored with it in the end.

AFC East
09-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Thank you.... and Top Gear used to be a bit funny until Evans managed to make it crap

You're welcome. I can be ****ing offensive at times, but would like to think I'd admit when I was wrong and to be called out by my 'friends'.