PDA

View Full Version : I bought some expensive Ice Wine when I was away after going to a wine tasting thing.

Pat Vegas
09-21-2016, 02:38 PM
keeping it for a special occasion. but it's a smallish bottle. How to serve it?
Small glasses? regular size glass will make my small measures look bad.

Jesus Christ 10 years ago I was unemployed eating kebabs for lunch playing game boy.

Sir C
09-21-2016, 02:46 PM
keeping it for a special occasion. but it's a smallish bottle. How to serve it?
Small glasses? regular size glass will make my small measures look bad.

Jesus Christ 10 years ago I was unemployed eating kebabs for lunch playing game boy.

A tiny little glass with dessert. Prepare to pick up Radio 4 on your fillings, it's like liquid sugar.

Pat Vegas
09-21-2016, 02:49 PM
A tiny little glass with dessert. Prepare to pick up Radio 4 on your fillings, it's like liquid sugar.

They suckered me in. I went on a tour of Niagara falls. ended up in many places to spend money along the way.
But I liked it.

Sir C
09-21-2016, 02:51 PM
They suckered me in. I went on a tour of Niagara falls. ended up in many places to spend money along the way.
But I liked it.

Oh I'm sure it's nice and everything, but a little goes a long way.

Pat Vegas
09-21-2016, 02:52 PM
Oh I'm sure it's nice and everything, but a little goes a long way.

Perfect. I will find some suitable glasses.

Ash
09-21-2016, 02:58 PM

How about these tiny glasses?

http://www.seniorlivingmag.com/images/honest-abe-in-spectacles.bmp

Pat Vegas
09-21-2016, 03:06 PM
How about these tiny glasses?

http://www.seniorlivingmag.com/images/honest-abe-in-spectacles.bmp

Can't be good for anyone.

Since you are here Ash. The old Broad Street station near Liverpool street ever use it?
I'm moving away from the Underground to BR

Ash
09-21-2016, 03:16 PM
Can't be good for anyone.

Since you are here Ash. The old Broad Street station near Liverpool street ever use it?
I'm moving away from the Underground to BR

No, though I think I used Holborn Viaduct. I noticed the plaque marking the site of King William Street station the other month - not sure if I mentioned it

Burney
09-21-2016, 03:23 PM

I buy little thick-glassed Victorian rummers for just such things. They are very pleasing to drink from and make you feel like a Dickens character as you sip your Madeira or Marsala from them.

Sadly, of course, each one will set you back more than that bottle of wine did, so they are not perhaps the most practical immediate solution.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-21-2016, 05:11 PM
Ice wine is seriously good stuff.