PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal v Chelsea

Mo Britain less Europe
09-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Despite them being crap last season Chelsea did the double on us last season. So it's time to break that hoodoo.

A lot of pundits had the title as being between Citeh and Chelsea. It may be early days but Chelsea don't look anywhere near as strong as they have in the recent past (last year excepted). Many of their stalwarts (Terry, Ivanovic) look as though age has finally caught up with them. Others (Courtois, Hazard) look well below their best form.

Which is to say we have a superb chance to beat them this weekend (provided Costa doesn't get one of our players sent off) and stake our claim as Citeh's challengers.

redgunamo
09-21-2016, 01:56 PM
Despite them being crap last season Chelsea did the double on us last season. So it's time to break that hoodoo.

A lot of pundits had the title as being between Citeh and Chelsea. It may be early days but Chelsea don't look anywhere near as strong as they have in the recent past (last year excepted). Many of their stalwarts (Terry, Ivanovic) look as though age has finally caught up with them. Others (Courtois, Hazard) look well below their best form.

Which is to say we have a superb chance to beat them this weekend (provided Costa doesn't get one of our players sent off) and stake our claim as Citeh's challengers.

Agreed. But I always feel that way before we play them.

I'm also warming to Pep :-\

Sir C
09-21-2016, 01:58 PM

They are going to fúck us firmly in the árse. :shrug: That's just what they do. There's nothing anyone can do about it, it's just the way of the world.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-21-2016, 02:01 PM
They are going to fúck us firmly in the árse. :shrug: That's just what they do. There's nothing anyone can do about it, it's just the way of the world.

Have you seen the way the're defending? If we score first we could hammer them.

World's End Stella
09-21-2016, 02:01 PM

Exactly, we're going to get hammered. I expect Cesc Fabregas will score 3 goals and have 4 assists and be proclaimed the best player on the planet.

Sir C
09-21-2016, 02:05 PM
Have you seen the way the're defending? If we score first we could hammer them.

:sigh: Logic, reason, sense, knowledge - what are these compared to the will of the gods?

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-21-2016, 02:13 PM
Exactly, we're going to get hammered. I expect Cesc Fabregas will score 3 goals and have 4 assists and be proclaimed the best player on the planet.

That's my fear too. We haven't had any luck against them in ages. And with Jose at ManU, we'll be jinxed by them too.

I'd like to see Akpom and Jeff on the bench. They combined superbly twice yesterday. Chubes had one well saved and Jeff put one just wide.

Though when Rambo's fit, will he play? If Alexis is up front then I guess he'd come in for Feo. It's just Iwobi's looking about our best winger atm, if we don't count Alexis. That boy can be great.

Pat Vegas
09-21-2016, 02:17 PM

We need one of those rare games like the one where we smashed em and even Santos scored.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-21-2016, 02:17 PM
I think we need to boss the midfield. And for that we should play two of our three holding midfielders to start off with. Coq and Shaka for me. Ozil of course with Alexis and Theo wide and Perez up front.

PSRB
09-21-2016, 04:27 PM

I remember when the reverse was true.....before they did the deal with the devil

Ash
09-21-2016, 04:48 PM
I remember when the reverse was true.....before they did the deal with the devil

Has Martin Atkinson been announced as the ref yet?

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2016, 05:04 PM
Has Martin Atkinson been announced as the ref yet?

Michael Oliver

eastgermanautos
09-21-2016, 05:06 PM
I don't think that's ever down to the other team's form, whether we beat that team. I think it's down to whether we screw the pooch or not. Of late the pooch has come in for some rather hot n heavy action. :-(

Mo Britain less Europe
09-21-2016, 05:10 PM
Michael Oliver

I hope he doesn't prove me wrong here but I think of Oliver as by far the best referee in the peremier league at the moment.

In particular he needs to watch out for Costa's provocations.

Ash
09-21-2016, 05:20 PM
Michael Oliver

As Mo said, some cause for cautious optimism there.

I think I may have jinxed Middlesex by turning the television on today. Yorkshire were four down when I started watching, and Somerset weren't taking wickets for fun. :-|

Might wander down there tomorrow.