PDA

View Full Version : Read Henry Winter's match report against my better judgment and he was surprisingly

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2016, 09:19 AM
upbeat. The Five Live people - at least at half-time - had us scoring against the run of play, lucky to be in front and Rob Holding, in particular, was having a nightmare. Everywhere else, has us in complete control and most players impressed, including Holding. Is it just a BBC thing?

Sir C
09-21-2016, 09:30 AM
upbeat. The Five Live people - at least at half-time - had us scoring against the run of play, lucky to be in front and Rob Holding, in particular, was having a nightmare. Everywhere else, has us in complete control and most players impressed, including Holding. Is it just a BBC thing?

The Guardian is all about the gulf in quality between the Prem and the lower leagues, managing to praise our performance without attributing us any credit for it, which is quite the trick really.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-21-2016, 09:33 AM
It may well be. Forest had a decent start for 10 or 15 minutes but after that no-one who was watching the game could seriously suggest we were second best - stats tell a fairly accurate story. It was end to endish stuff but we looked far more dangerous.

World's End Stella
09-21-2016, 09:42 AM

We won 4-0, there's no way Winter would write a match report that wasn't consistent with the score. Wait until we batter Chelsea for 90 minutes and they score a late equaliser on Saturday.

His match report will have your blood boiling.

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2016, 09:46 AM
We won 4-0, there's no way Winter would write a match report that wasn't consistent with the score. Wait until we batter Chelsea for 90 minutes and they score a late equaliser on Saturday.

His match report will have your blood boiling.
I'll know better than to read that one though WES. I was actually slightly surprised he was covering our match last night hence I started reading the report before I saw the byline. Of course I recognised his vomit worthy prose fairly quickly

Oh and he had us down for only receiving one pen last season :muppet:

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2016, 09:49 AM
It may well be. Forest had a decent start for 10 or 15 minutes but after that no-one who was watching the game could seriously suggest we were second best - stats tell a fairly accurate story. It was end to endish stuff but we looked far more dangerous.
ty m - that is the general impression I got

Mo Britain less Europe
09-21-2016, 10:26 AM
I'll know better than to read that one though WES. I was actually slightly surprised he was covering our match last night hence I started reading the report before I saw the byline. Of course I recognised his vomit worthy prose fairly quickly

Oh and he had us down for only receiving one pen last season :muppet:

I remember a time when Henry Winter was rather pro-Arsenal. How times change.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-21-2016, 11:18 AM

Have you watched MotD over the past 5 or 6 years?

Luis Anaconda
09-21-2016, 11:33 AM
Have you watched MotD over the past 5 or 6 years?

Not really no - maybe once or twice. I try to avoid it *

* by being too drunk by that time on a Saturday

Lar d'Arse
09-21-2016, 01:10 PM
The Guardian is all about the gulf in quality between the Prem and the lower leagues, managing to praise our performance without attributing us any credit for it, which is quite the trick really.

They do realise that there were two premiership sides knocked out of the EFL Cup thingy by lower league sides last night?

Sir C
09-21-2016, 01:23 PM
They do realise that there were two premiership sides knocked out of the EFL Cup thingy by lower league sides last night?

Yes, I'm not sure where that fits into their narrative. It's a conspirass, that's what it is!

redgunamo
09-21-2016, 01:47 PM

:shrug: Bof! Everton and Bournemouth, isn't it.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-21-2016, 01:49 PM
Second in the table in shock defeat to lower league opposition.

redgunamo
09-21-2016, 01:52 PM
Second in the table in shock defeat to lower league opposition.

I'm happy The Arsenal is bigger news than Everton, to be honest.