PDA

View Full Version : Who played the through ball for Chuba's penalty? Was that Lucas too, cos it was a

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-20-2016, 09:12 PM
great ball.

He missed two we'd have like to see him score, but the pass for the pen, scoring the pen, scoring the goal and the pass for the Ox were a good night's work, all in all.

After 15 mins I was worried than Nicky B looked the better striker. But once he scores, he got his tail up, played more centrally and on the last man's shoulder. He could be a very useful addition to the squad.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-20-2016, 10:17 PM
It was him. Too early to say what he will do but today's performance was very good and it was absurd to write him off after the first game as some morons did. Let's see what he's done by Xmas.

09-20-2016, 10:27 PM
It was him. Too early to say what he will do but today's performance was very good and it was absurd to write him off after the first game as some morons did. Let's see what he's done by Xmas.

I was worried after the first game cos of what IWWW said on Motd.

And first half today - NB52 looked good at the start while LP9 was out wide again. But after the pen he looked just what we hoped for - central, on the last man's shoulder, pacy, creative and a good finisher or 1 on 1s.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-20-2016, 10:37 PM
You can't fault IWWW's credentials as a Gooner but he doesn't always get it right on tactics and a player's worth. My worries about Lucas were (are) that he is 28 and has only really had one good season as a goalscorer at a high level, but maybe he's a late developer.

Bendtner could have been a contender. But he thought too highly of himself and was too often wasted on the wing. He did have his moments, which is why the fans cheered him tonight.

09-20-2016, 10:41 PM
You can't fault IWWW's credentials as a Gooner but he doesn't always get it right on tactics and a player's worth. My worries about Lucas were (are) that he is 28 and has only really had one good season as a goalscorer at a high level, but maybe he's a late developer.

Bendtner could have been a contender. But he thought too highly of himself and was too often wasted on the wing. He did have his moments, which is why the fans cheered him tonight.

Agree with both those points. I was an NB52 fan - the moany old Saffer who sat next to me hated him which made me love him more.

I remember seeing that Ade had scored one goal in his first 25 CL games. NB scored about 10.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-20-2016, 10:48 PM
Still remember an overhead kick he scored for the youth team. Him and Lupoli were immense. It looked like they'd win the world cup for us when they progressed. Never happened. Bendtner's career has been positively stellar compared to Lupoli's though. Excellent scoring rate for Denmark in an era when they haven't really had a great team.

09-20-2016, 11:31 PM
Still remember an overhead kick he scored for the youth team. Him and Lupoli were immense. It looked like they'd win the world cup for us when they progressed. Never happened. Bendtner's career has been positively stellar compared to Lupoli's though. Excellent scoring rate for Denmark in an era when they haven't really had a great team.

If NB had knuckled down, he could have had a decent career. Not an RVP, but he could have got 20 a season from starts and subs. Useful for a top 4 side.