PDA

View Full Version : Married awimbers.

Sir C
09-20-2016, 02:28 PM
Do you and your wife have seperate bank accounts?

Pat Vegas
09-20-2016, 02:29 PM

Yes. but we have shared Credit cards.

Sir C
09-20-2016, 02:30 PM
Yes. but we have shared Credit cards.

ty f. I'm just wondering how prevalent this is.

Pokster
09-20-2016, 02:31 PM

Yes, seperate bank accounts but a joint credit card for food shopping etc (which I pay )

Sir C
09-20-2016, 02:31 PM
Yes, seperate bank accounts but a joint credit card for food shopping etc (which I pay )

Might I ask why you have seperate accounts? Isn't marriage about sharing everything?

Pokster
09-20-2016, 02:35 PM
Might I ask why you have seperate accounts? Isn't marriage about sharing everything?

Because we always have, far too much agro to change to joint accounts

Pat Vegas
09-20-2016, 02:36 PM

Yes but if you want to buy her lavish gifts she'll wonder where they money has gone.

This way you can keep it hush hush.

SWv2
09-20-2016, 02:39 PM
Both personal and joint.

I expect this is normal.

Burney
09-20-2016, 02:43 PM

Well we have a joint account, but she retains another account into which her salary goes.

I'm not sure why this is. I assume it's so she can have an affair without me finding out - which is thoughtful of her.

Brentwood
09-20-2016, 02:52 PM

Yes, although each month we put money into a "household bills" account and a mortgage account. That way, we can spend our own money without feeling guilty or having to ask permission

IUFG
09-20-2016, 02:53 PM
Yes. And a joint won for the household. For example both shovel a grand in the joint account every month and bills and food comes out of that.

Any personal expenditure comes out of the individual accounts. For holidays we agree a budget then put that into the joint account.

That said, I haven't a clue how much money is in the joint account. I put in every month and the bills appear to get paid...

SWv2
09-20-2016, 02:56 PM
Yes. And a joint won for the household. For example both shovel a grand in the joint account every month and bills and food comes out of that.

Any personal expenditure comes out of the individual accounts. For holidays we agree a budget then put that into the joint account.

That said, I haven't a clue how much money is in the joint account. I put in every month and the bills appear to get paid...

I like how you roll IUFG, exact same scenario chez moi except I am in charge of the joint as my Mrs is ****ing useless with money.

Monty92
09-20-2016, 02:58 PM

Yes, and a joint one for bills and food. I find it much better to keep our own seperate accounts, as it means if one of us wants to splurge on something, we can do so with no questions asked.

IUFG
09-20-2016, 02:59 PM
Oh, I'm in charge of the joint account also. I can't remember the last time I looked at it online. I assume it is healthy...

World's End Stella
09-20-2016, 03:10 PM
No, a joint current account into which our salary goes and out of which all bills are paid. Too much of a pain in the arse to try to figure out who should pay for what was the rationale, as I recall. Also, I make 10 times what she does so expecting her to split the costs with me didn't really make any sense.

Separate credit cards, though.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-20-2016, 03:36 PM
Separate bank accounts. Used to have a joint one, apart from our separate ones but its outlived its purpose. But we consider all of our money and assets to be joint.

redgunamo
09-22-2016, 07:03 AM

No. I'd have thought that rather defeats the object of having a wife? Or *being* a wife even.

PSRB
09-22-2016, 08:23 AM

Hell yes, we keep discussing setting up a separate one for bills but yet to bother

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-22-2016, 08:53 AM

We do as she is a Septic so has to file tax returns and declare all her oversea accounts. Once she gets rid of that inconvenience, we will revert to joint accounts. It makes everything so much easier.

Mc Gooner
09-22-2016, 04:47 PM
No but really only because it was hassle to go to the bank to open one.

Mrs McG's salary goes into her own personal bank account. From that she transfers a wad of folding into my count to cover her board and lodgings. I pay all the bills