PDA

View Full Version : Right. That does it. The next person to promise "360-degree insight"

Ash
09-20-2016, 01:03 PM
into our customers is going to get it.

Not sure what they are going to get, but they definitely deserve something.

SWv2
09-20-2016, 01:07 PM
into our customers is going to get it.

Not sure what they are going to get, but they definitely deserve something.

As a general question what do they get if they agree to this 350 degree thing?

Ash
09-20-2016, 01:08 PM
As a general question what do they get if they agree to this 350 degree thing?

"personalised 1:1 customer journeys." :-|

SWv2
09-20-2016, 01:11 PM
"personalised 1:1 customer journeys." :-|

I am not a legal expert but I expect there is an actual by-law which allows you to shoot these people without fear of repercussion.

And if there is not one then that itself is an error.

I had a conversation with my boss last week who wanted me to take over a project for him as he did not have the ‘band width’ to do it. By which he meant time. I did laugh at him though the meeting did not end well.

Monty92
09-20-2016, 01:18 PM
I am not a legal expert but I expect there is an actual by-law which allows you to shoot these people without fear of repercussion.

And if there is not one then that itself is an error.

I had a conversation with my boss last week who wanted me to take over a project for him as he did not have the ‘band width’ to do it. By which he meant time. I did laugh at him though the meeting did not end well.

I agree bandwith is massively w*nky, but "time" can sound a bit rude and abrupt and "capacity" could be confused with "capability", so in that sense bandwith is a useful word.

Burney
09-20-2016, 01:29 PM
I agree bandwith is massively w*nky, but "time" can sound a bit rude and abrupt and "capacity" could be confused with "capability", so in that sense bandwith is a useful word.

How is 'time' rude? Also, a boss doesn't actually have to justify delegating work to you, since that is their job.

SWv2
09-20-2016, 01:30 PM

There are various ways one can pass off a bit of work which are normal – too busy, up to my eyes, in the middle of another project , not his area of expertise etc. Ultimately as my boss and the boss of the whole place he can say whatever he likes.

Band width just makes him sound like a ****.

World's End Stella
09-20-2016, 01:34 PM
There are various ways one can pass off a bit of work which are normal – too busy, up to my eyes, in the middle of another project , not his area of expertise etc. Ultimately as my boss and the boss of the whole place he can say whatever he likes.

Band width just makes him sound like a ****.

You certainly are yesterday's man, N.

'Bandwidth' is so common and acceptable and sensible that I find myself wondering how much of the past decade you have spent in a cave.

Luis Anaconda
09-20-2016, 01:39 PM

'Bandwidth' is so common and acceptable and sensible that I find myself wondering how much of the past decade you have spent in a cave.
It may be common, but is hardly acceptable or sensible. Possibly why it appeals to you

IUFG
09-20-2016, 01:46 PM
but quite obviously, people are not limited by bandwidth.

time and capacity, yes. bandwidth no.

SWv2
09-20-2016, 01:46 PM

I would have thought you of all people would appreciate straight talking, blunt even if required.

Because a term may be commonplace in financial organisations in Canary Wharf does not render it acceptable. It is the verbal confirmation of a ****.

I expect you also touch base.

Monty92
09-20-2016, 01:47 PM
How is 'time' rude? Also, a boss doesn't actually have to justify delegating work to you, since that is their job.

It is a word that is far more loaded than "bandwidth" as it is used in a variety of contexts. "Bandwidth" strips the statement bare in a way that leaves absolutely no room for misinterpretation.

IUFG
09-20-2016, 01:47 PM

and 'reach out'

it is a sad world these days, sw . . .

World's End Stella
09-20-2016, 03:34 PM
I would have thought you of all people would appreciate straight talking, blunt even if required.

Because a term may be commonplace in financial organisations in Canary Wharf does not render it acceptable. It is the verbal confirmation of a ****.

Yeah it does, and I'd be shocked if it wasn't constantly used in the large majority of businesses these days. Possibly prompted by the prevalence of broadband in people's homes.

You need to get out more, mate.

Ash
09-20-2016, 03:34 PM
Yeah it does, and I'd be shocked if it wasn't constantly used in the large majority of businesses these days. Possibly prompted by the prevalence of broadband in people's homes.

You need to get out more, mate.

Just because you love business bullshít and think it's "normal" doesn't actually make it ok.