PDA

View Full Version : messed up a job interview

modd
09-19-2016, 03:55 PM
Hi guys

sorry to post on her but just needed to vent. I messed up a job interview for somewhere i really wanted to work . I just buggered up. I am still in other part time work but this was nice job and i blew it. But their you go and i have to move onwards but it hurts badly right now and I just feel a bit of waste of space.

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 03:56 PM
Hi guys

sorry to post on her but just needed to vent. I messed up a job interview for somewhere i really wanted to work . I just buggered up. I am still in other part time work but this was nice job and i blew it. But their you go and i have to move onwards but it hurts badly right now and I just feel a bit of waste of space.

Never apologise modd.
What happened brother. Just use it to learn going forward.

Sir C
09-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Hi guys

Don't beat yourself up, modd. We all mess up, man. Tomorrow will come and with it new opportunities.

Anyway, if you don't get this job, there's a good reason. God has his purpose and his plan for you, fear not.

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 03:59 PM
Don't beat yourself up, modd. We all mess up, man. Tomorrow will come and with it new opportunities.

Anyway, if you don't get this job, there's a good reason. God has his purpose and his plan for you, fear not.

Are you recruiting for the god squard?

World's End Stella
09-19-2016, 03:59 PM
Hi guys

I'm guessing it wasn't for an English teacher, am I right?

Burney
09-19-2016, 04:01 PM
Hi guys

Shake it off and move on, young moddlington. Broad, sunlit uplands await you!

Sir C
09-19-2016, 04:02 PM
Are you recruiting for the god squard?

I think we'd all be improved by a little religion, f. Proper religion, I mean.

Imagine if all those Norwegians coverted to catholicism. They'd be far less interested in the stabbing and the shooting and the exploding.

Take someone like our very own sw. If he accepted Lord Jesus Christ into his heart, he'd stop abusing and oppressing me.

modd
09-19-2016, 04:02 PM
It was nice arts centre. i messed up in group excercise as got girl name wrong in front of assersor and forgot examples in my job interveriew

Ash
09-19-2016, 04:04 PM
I'm guessing it wasn't for an English teacher, am I right?

Modd, meet WES. He's not the most empathic of souls, so you might want to not take everything he says to heart. tbf he knows where the bar is though.

modd
09-19-2016, 04:04 PM
Shake it off and move on, young moddlington. Broad, sunlit uplands await you!

Thanks man but felt sad to let so many someone that helped me get ready for the job. I just feel back to square one but at least got a job and just have to move onwards and forwards.

Ash
09-19-2016, 04:05 PM
Thanks man but felt sad to let so many someone that helped me get ready for the job. I just feel back to square one but at least got a job and just have to move onwards and forwards.

Or perpetually sideways, as in my case.

modd
09-19-2016, 04:06 PM
Nope to be visitor assistant. I got through the first interview but blown it now. oh well time to move onwards. but feel bit awful right now

Burney

Indeed. Besides, I don't think any recruitment process that involves group exercises is going to result in a worthwhile job. Sounds like hippy nonsense to me.

SWv2

Imagine if all those Norwegians coverted to catholicism. They'd be far less interested in the stabbing and the shooting and the exploding.

Take someone like our very own sw. If he accepted Lord Jesus Christ into his heart, he'd stop abusing and oppressing me.

I will be at mass next sunday. Will you?!?!?!

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 04:07 PM
It was nice arts centre. i messed up in group excercise as got girl name wrong in front of assersor and forgot examples in my job interveriew

It's a bit different example but I'll cheer you up.
Many moons ago there was a lady who came to the office from a local gym offering ace half price deal.

Was a rather nice gym. Anyway she was a dime piece.
Went for showround of the place. Sat down on the comfy sofas with a coffee to sign up. Trying to be cool, only to knock my coffee over all over her feet giving her some burns.

modd
Agree. I just feel most upset i let someone down who helped me get ready for interview. I not done enough interviews and anxiety got the better of me. I just don,t know maybe i am meant to be a waste of space. but i got to change that mentallity. Can,t feel sorry for myself.

World's End Stella

Seek the truth and you will find God - Mahatma Gandhi

Sir C
09-19-2016, 04:08 PM
I will be at mass next sunday. Will you?!?!?!

Let's see, that's the sin of pride, there's boastfulness, aggression and a total lack of empathy, as well.

Quite how you dare to enter the Lord's house with that sort of attitude on your conscience, I couldn't say.

modd
09-19-2016, 04:09 PM
It's a bit different example but I'll cheer you up.
Many moons ago there was a lady who came to the office from a local gym offering ace half price deal.

Was a rather nice gym. Anyway she was a dime piece.
Went for showround of the place. Sat down on the comfy sofas with a coffee to sign up. Trying to be cool, only to knock my coffee over all over her feet giving her some burns.

not as bad as what i did. This was because it was was my own fault. I wish i could do it all over again.

SWv2
Agree. I just feel most upset i let someone down who helped me get ready for interview. I not done enough interviews and anxiety got the better of me. I just don,t know maybe i am meant to be a waste of space. but i got to change that mentallity. Can,t feel sorry for myself.

The world needs wastes of spaces.

Sir C
Seek the truth and you will find God - Mahatma Gandhi

Yes, but he was a heathen and his attitude to black people was more like BFR than Jesus Christ :-(

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 04:10 PM

What helped me modd. I used to label certain things as a reason why.
If I didn't want to go to the pub I'd say I had social anxiety. But then it becomes a handy excuse sometimes. It's never as bad as it seems.

I may not be confident in a lot of things in life but interviews for some reason were never a a problem for me. I always have the attitude here I am hire me if you like me.

modd
09-19-2016, 04:10 PM
Indeed. Besides, I don't think any recruitment process that involves group exercises is going to result in a worthwhile job. Sounds like hippy nonsense to me.

Its a team job and they want to see your team skills . But i ****ed up with forgeting her name. so thats me ****ed but i carry on volunteering for this art centre to keep on good terms and just now have to put myself more out their.

SWv2
09-19-2016, 04:11 PM
Let's see, that's the sin of pride, there's boastfulness, aggression and a total lack of empathy, as well.

Quite how you dare to enter the Lord's house with that sort of attitude on your conscience, I couldn't say.

I have never been aggressive towards you, quite the opposite in fact.

My conscience is clear. Is yours?

modd
09-19-2016, 04:12 PM
What helped me modd. I used to label certain things as a reason why.
If I didn't want to go to the pub I'd say I had social anxiety. But then it becomes a handy excuse sometimes. It's never as bad as it seems.

I may not be confident in a lot of things in life but interviews for some reason were never a a problem for me. I always have the attitude here I am hire me if you like me.

I wish i was at good at interviews as you are. think i need to practice doing more interviews. I am seeing someone about my anxiety and the fact is that i just need to put myself out their more.

World's End Stella
09-19-2016, 04:13 PM
Yes, but he was a heathen and his attitude to black people was more like BFR than Jesus Christ :-(

Possibly, but that doesn't in any way change the simplicity and the beauty of the statement.

Sir C
I have never been aggressive towards you, quite the opposite in fact.

My conscience is clear. Is yours?

Um, are you sure you're qualified for this, sw?

Alright then, if you say so.

Bless me father for I have sinned, it has been 35 years since my last confession, and these are my sins:

You've got plenty of time, I hope?

Pat Vegas
Its a team job and they want to see your team skills . But i ****ed up with forgeting her name. so thats me ****ed but i carry on volunteering for this art centre to keep on good terms and just now have to put myself more out their.

Say someones name 3 times then you'll remember.
Word of caution don't do it they are called Beetlejuice.

PSRB
09-19-2016, 04:14 PM

Although I've yet to hear of anyone blow themselves/others up in the name of atheism

modd
09-19-2016, 04:14 PM

Hi man thanks for your help and advice. I just feel sad that i let so many people down but their you go

World's End Stella
09-19-2016, 04:15 PM
The world needs wastes of spaces.

Exactly, otherwise there would be empty football stadiums all around the world

SWv2
Um, are you sure you're qualified for this, sw?

Alright then, if you say so.

Bless me father for I have sinned, it has been 35 years since my last confession, and these are my sins:

You've got plenty of time, I hope?

There's a lie straight off. 35 years? **** off. You went to confession in your late teens???

modd
Hi thanks for that. I just ****ing hate myself for doing that./

World's End Stella
09-19-2016, 04:21 PM
Hi thanks for that. I just ****ing hate myself for doing that./

Man up, modd. Down your local, a few pints and a good night's sleep and all will be well.

There, that's about 6 months worth of WES empathy right there. I feel positively saintly.

Luis Anaconda
09-19-2016, 04:45 PM

It's his abuse of punctuation that saddens me most. Just a question mark would have sufficed.

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 04:49 PM
Man up, modd. Down your local, a few pints and a good night's sleep and all will be well.

There, that's about 6 months worth of WES empathy right there. I feel positively saintly.

I might start doing that. does it work?

Tony C
09-20-2016, 08:35 AM
chin up modd....