PDA

View Full Version : If you had the opportunity to go into space, would you?

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:01 PM
Not for me, Clive. Uncomfortable, cramped, claustrophobic, squalid (you have to píss yourself, ffs!), recycled farty air, crap food and you're probably going to be stuck with Russians and septics. In short, fùck that for a game of soldiers.

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 03:02 PM
Not for me, Clive. Uncomfortable, cramped, claustrophobic, squalid (you have to pass yourself, ffs!), recycled farty air, crap food and you're probably going to be stuck with Russians and septics. In short, fùck that for a game of soldiers.

I never been interesting in space. Never liked space movies. Apart from it being fun to float about I can only imagine it's immensely boring.

PSRB
09-19-2016, 03:06 PM
I never been interesting in space. Never liked space movies. Apart from it being fun to float about I can only imagine it's immensely boring.

In it's current format, an emphatic no. If it were more like Star Trek, Star Wars, etc, then hell yes

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:06 PM

Yeah, the floating about would be fun for about half an hour and then I'd start to hate it. You have to strap yourself into your bed, ffs. :shakehead:

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 03:07 PM
Yeah, the floating about would be fun for about half an hour and then I'd start to hate it. You have to strap yourself into your bed, ffs. :shakehead:

Plus it's crap when you come back. Your body gets all messed up. you lose the hard skin on your feet and something weird happens to your hips or your bones shrink something like that.

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:08 PM
In it's current format, an emphatic no. If it were more like Star Trek, Star Wars, etc, then hell yes

Yes, of course. Gravity, loads of room, hot chicks in short skirts, planets to discover, aliens to zap and that sort of thing would be grand. But I doubt it'll ever be like that. Everything's too far away to bother with.

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:09 PM
Plus it's crap when you come back. Your body gets all messed up. you lose the hard skin on your feet and something weird happens to your hips or your bones shrink something like that.

You lose the hard skin on your feet? I've been cultivating that shít for 43 years. I'm not risking it to piss about in space.

SWv2
Not for me, Clive. Uncomfortable, cramped, claustrophobic, squalid (you have to píss yourself, ffs!), recycled farty air, crap food and you're probably going to be stuck with Russians and septics. In short, fùck that for a game of soldiers.

I remember dismissing space as being no craic at all when they were trying to land some **** on Mars or something. Jorge was very annoyed.

Ash
Not for me, Clive. Uncomfortable, cramped, claustrophobic, squalid (you have to pass yourself, ffs!), recycled farty air, crap food and you're probably going to be stuck with Russians and septics. In short, fùck that for a game of soldiers.

Fùck no. I'm not keen on any kind of travel, and space travel is quite clearly the most dangerous and uncomfortable of all. I'll be one of the last to leave when we abandon the planet following a dystopian environmental breakdown, and will live in a fùcking massive, empty, crumbling apartment block like J.S. Sebastian in Bladerunner.

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:10 PM
I remember dismissing space as being no craic at all when they were trying to land some **** on Mars or something. Jorge was very annoyed.

Yes, I did too. I made it clear that I felt it was pointless and a waste of time. He went all Brian Cox about it and called us all names.

Sir C
09-19-2016, 03:11 PM

Since the dawn of time, man has looked to the skies and beyond, to the stars. Can there be a greater indicator of what it is that makes us human then our need to reach out, to conquer fear and danger, to experience the truly extraordinary? I think not.

On the other hand, growing cress in low earth orbit on the ISS is a bit dull.

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 03:11 PM
You lose the hard skin on your feet? I've been cultivating that shít for 43 years. I'm not risking it to piss about in space.

:nod: it will hurt to walk once you get back.

though I could imagine some sort of floating around basketball dunk game might be fun. 1 on 1.

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:13 PM
Fùck no. I'm not keen on any kind of travel, and space travel is quite clearly the most dangerous and uncomfortable of all. I'll be one of the last to leave when we abandon the planet following a dystopian environmental breakdown, and will live in a fùcking massive, empty, crumbling apartment block like J.S. Sebastian in Bladerunner.

Yup. Send all the Chinese up there first imo. They'll probably love it.

PSRB
09-19-2016, 03:14 PM

Oh, I didn't realise it was a floating S&M party :rubchin:

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:15 PM
Since the dawn of time, man has looked to the skies and beyond, to the stars. Can there be a greater indicator of what it is that makes us human then our need to reach out, to conquer fear and danger, to experience the truly extraordinary? I think not.

On the other hand, growing cress in low earth orbit on the ISS is a bit dull.

I'd go fùcking mental in about a week, I reckon. I'd be trying to open the hatches for a breath of fresh air and stuff. Das Boot gives me the heebie-jeebies and they at least get to pop their heads up now and again.

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 03:15 PM
Oh, I didn't realise it was a floating S&M party :rubchin:

:hehe: It would be rubbish. The whip wont work.

If they want to pee on you it could go anywhere.

I'd imagine.

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:17 PM

I'd imagine.

I think the whip would work. If anything, wouldn't it work better?

Actually, I'm already out of my depth now. Sir C will know about this sort of thing.

PSRB
09-19-2016, 03:17 PM

I'd imagine.

Jizz everywhere!!

Sir C
09-19-2016, 03:18 PM

Actually, I'm already out of my depth now. Sir C will know about this sort of thing.

I'm strong on questions of 'g' when we're looking at +1 to +10, or -1 to -10.

At 0g everythings fúcking weird. I've always avoided it as far as possible.

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:19 PM
I'm strong on questions of 'g' when we're looking at +1 to +10, or -1 to -10.

At 0g everythings fúcking weird. I've always avoided it as far as possible.

Surely you can't avoid it? Surely you have to go through it to get from one to t'other? Or am I talking nonsense?

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:20 PM
Jizz everywhere!!

I've never been sure about BDSM. Does it involve a lot of jizz? Or is it mostly just people torturing each other?

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 03:20 PM

Hmm maybe it would work too well and slice you in half.

Or once you whip it it doesn't stop.

Sir C
09-19-2016, 03:21 PM
Surely you can't avoid it? Surely you have to go through it to get from one to t'other? Or am I talking nonsense?

Oh yes, you have to go through it to get from +1 top -1, as you'd expect, but it's a fleeting moment - you don't really sustain 0g for any amount of time. I didn't anyway. It's a pretty odd feeling, not viciously painful like -5, just odd. Discombobulating.

Sir C
09-19-2016, 03:22 PM
Jizz everywhere!!

Sounds like quite the afternoon you're having there, wd p.

Pat Vegas
I've never been sure about BDSM. Does it involve a lot of jizz? Or is it mostly just people torturing each other?

I never been into it but I would have thought it would be much better if the work you into a frenzy
then give you a bit at the end.

Otherwise I can't see any benefit.

PSRB

Mondays for you

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 03:23 PM

Sounds like outside my house :-(

SWv2
09-19-2016, 03:26 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think you can drink in space.

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:26 PM
I never been into it but I would have thought it would be much better if the work you into a frenzy
then give you a bit at the end.

Otherwise I can't see any benefit.

Seems like a lot of faffing about to me. Do these people do this every time they fancy a shag or is it just for special occasions? You couldn't suggest a quickie to your partner if it was going to involve you both going off to your dungeon, popping on the rubber suit and attaching the testicle clamps, could you?

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:27 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think you can drink in space.

I seem to remember the Russians would sneak vodka into space by any means they can, so they eventually relented and gave them a ration.

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:28 PM
Oh yes, you have to go through it to get from +1 top -1, as you'd expect, but it's a fleeting moment - you don't really sustain 0g for any amount of time. I didn't anyway. It's a pretty odd feeling, not viciously painful like -5, just odd. Discombobulating.

Why is -5 painful? What's your blood trying to do at that point?

SWv2
09-19-2016, 03:29 PM
I seem to remember the Russians would sneak vodka into space by any means they can, so they eventually relented and gave them a ration.

Admirable but the concept of a ration would worry me. I assume the whole notion of a weekend still exists in space so friday night ease yourself in and saturday do the dog on the whole thing.

Sir C
09-19-2016, 03:30 PM
Why is -5 painful? What's your blood trying to do at that point?

It's trying to burst out of the top of your head. At -5, -6 you start bursting blood vessels in your eyes and your nose and the pressure of the blood in your brain is fantastically painful. Lots of guys have died pushing -8 onwards when something lets go and they have a big bleed on the brain.

Negative g is really quite unpleasant.

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:33 PM
Admirable but the concept of a ration would worry me. I assume the whole notion of a weekend still exists in space so friday night ease yourself in and saturday do the dog on the whole thing.

Yeah, you can just imagine, can't you? You wake up floating outside, you've píssed your space suit (as ever), you can't get the lads to wake up and let you back in and then, when you eventually do, in the depths of your hangover you realise you've drunk the next six months' worth in one weekend. :-(

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:33 PM
It's trying to burst out of the top of your head. At -5, -6 you start bursting blood vessels in your eyes and your nose and the pressure of the blood in your brain is fantastically painful. Lots of guys have died pushing -8 onwards when something lets go and they have a big bleed on the brain.

Negative g is really quite unpleasant.

Hmmm. Sounds like something worth going a long way to avoid imo.

Sir C
09-19-2016, 03:37 PM
Hmmm. Sounds like something worth going a long way to avoid imo.

:hehe: You can get an idea of how enjoyable it is here: (This is mild g)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-fA6OG21w

Burney
09-19-2016, 03:43 PM
:hehe: You can get an idea of how enjoyable it is here: (This is mild g)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-fA6OG21w

She looks as though she's trying to pass something hard and jagged. :-(

Ears are alight
09-19-2016, 04:11 PM
You'll never be a proper centre-forward then.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-19-2016, 04:20 PM
I'd love to go into space but nt sure how my vertigo would cope with it.

Ash
09-19-2016, 04:25 PM
You'll never be a proper centre-forward then.

Admin, eh? Very nice.

Can you enable avatars for volks who aren't moderators?

Ash
09-19-2016, 04:25 PM
I'd love to go into space but nt sure how my vertigo would cope with it.

Not knowing which way is down might help. Or make it infinitely worse.