Ox Elneny Willock Xhaka Reine-Adelaide

Perez

Willock :hehe:

Really?

Ash
09-19-2016, 01:18 PM
Willock :hehe:

Really?

Are you suggesting he won't be pulling up trees?

Sir C
09-19-2016, 01:19 PM
Are you suggesting he won't be pulling up trees?

No, I just find it hard to believe we've got a player called Willock.

Are we on the telly, a? I'd like to see this Pillock. Willock.

SWv2
09-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Ospina

Debuchy Holding Gabriel Gibbs

Perez

Who is Willock out of curiosity? Like Sir C he is a new one on me.

The other lad I recognise as this year's Zelalem.

Tony C
09-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Token....'there are no forests on flat earth' post :D

Mo Britain less Europe
09-19-2016, 01:22 PM
Who is Willock out of curiosity? Like Sir C he is a new one on me.

The other lad I recognise as this year's Zelalem.

Willock is considered to be the most talented of the young crop. If he doesn't play this kind of game it's difficult to see him given a chance in more complicated outings. Can play on the left or in the middle, good dribbler and got a definite eye for goal.

IUFG
09-19-2016, 01:26 PM
Whatever happened to the second coming of Thierry? Dan Crowley?

Mo Britain less Europe
09-19-2016, 01:28 PM
He signed for Downton Abbey.

SWv2
09-19-2016, 01:30 PM
Whatever happened to the second coming of Thierry? Dan Crowley?

Went on loan last year, Barnsley I think. No idea how it worked out.

Think he may have become Irish at one point also as there was a mini brouhaha in our media about him (which is where I knew about the loan move).

SWv2
09-19-2016, 01:31 PM
Willock is considered to be the most talented of the young crop. If he doesn't play this kind of game it's difficult to see him given a chance in more complicated outings. Can play on the left or in the middle, good dribbler and got a definite eye for goal.

Thank you Mo, a most pleasing and informative reply.

I may well become interested in this lad when he becomes a first team player.

Luis Anaconda
09-19-2016, 01:39 PM
Went on loan last year, Barnsley I think. No idea how it worked out.

Think he may have become Irish at one point also as there was a mini brouhaha in our media about him (which is where I knew about the loan move).

He is on loan at Oxford now - attacking mid so no idea where the comparison to Thierry comes from

SWv2
09-19-2016, 01:46 PM
He is on loan at Oxford now - attacking mid so no idea where the comparison to Thierry comes from

Oxford, blimey.

His link to Ireland came around the same time that Jack Grealish finally decided that he aspired to wear the Three Lions. Hidden among the angry internet outbursts of Tíarnan from Ballydehob (“fecking British c**t, he was never good enough for us anyway”) there was a newspaper article along the lines of “worry not about Grealish as there is an even better lad we have just convinced to join us …… “.

The jewel of the Arsenal Academy as such though I appreciate this term to be an ever changing one … Crowley, Zelalem, Adelaide and now Willock.

Sir C
09-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Oxford, blimey.

His link to Ireland came around the same time that Jack Grealish finally decided that he aspired to wear the Three Lions. Hidden among the angry internet outbursts of Tíarnan from Ballydehob (“fecking British c**t, he was never good enough for us anyway”) there was a newspaper article along the lines of “worry not about Grealish as there is an even better lad we have just convinced to join us …… “.

The jewel of the Arsenal Academy as such though I appreciate this term to be an ever changing one … Crowley, Zelalem, Adelaide and now Willock.

They may, of course, all turn out to be jewels. They may be our 'Class of 92', to coin a phrase.

Luis Anaconda
09-19-2016, 01:49 PM
They may, of course, all turn out to be jewels. They may be our 'Class of 92', to coin a phrase.

They all want to play the no 10 role though

Mo Britain less Europe
09-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Adelaide is a certainty if he has handled properly.

SWv2
09-19-2016, 01:52 PM

It’s possible yes but I myself won’t be relying on it.

I think they are all attacking players mind you so let’s hope our conveyor belt of talent it also producing other less shiny players else these young lads will be charged with breaking into an already very congested area of the team.

Sir C
09-19-2016, 01:53 PM
They all want to play the no 10 role though

A goalkeeper and ten no. 10s. A radical departure in the field of tactics, currently known only to jorge and his hipster crew.

World's End Stella
09-19-2016, 01:54 PM

Sorry Mo, but there is no description of this knowledge which doesn't come with the word 'deviant' attached. Have a word with yourself mate.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-19-2016, 01:54 PM
The reason this type of player rarely makes it at Arsenal is that we have so many of them so they rarely get their chance. Iwobi looks like being an exception.

By contrast when defenders get injured we have less cover which partly explains the emergence of Cole and Bellerin.

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 01:55 PM
Ospina

Debuchy Holding Gabriel Gibbs

Perez

I don't know why but I get the impression this sort of league cup fixture is some sort of dirty fantasy of yours.

World's End Stella
09-19-2016, 02:02 PM
The reason this type of player rarely makes it at Arsenal is that we have so many of them so they rarely get their chance. Iwobi looks like being an exception.

By contrast when defenders get injured we have less cover which partly explains the emergence of Cole and Bellerin.

To be fair there was a time in my life when I attended matches more regularly and kept an eye out for the future young stars as best I could. But this was largely based on my view that Wenger was a genius in these matters and was unlikely to get one wrong.

Senor Jose Antonio Reyes put an end to all that, sadly. God I loved that little gypo. :-(

Mo Britain less Europe
09-19-2016, 02:03 PM
Reyes was a big money signing.

SWv2
09-19-2016, 02:06 PM

Well there is an old saying, in football and other sports, that if you are good enough you will get that chance.

The reason, and it is a simple reason, why none of the aforementioned quartet have yet to make an impact of the first team is that there are simply many much better players already ahead of them in the pecking order.

For many years we have had the call for certain youngsters to be elevated, most of whom are now probably employed in lower leagues.

World's End Stella
09-19-2016, 02:17 PM
Reyes was a big money signing.

Yes, but there were rumours around the club that Wenger had been following him for years, all that 'sneaking into training in disguise' stuff that we heard about which massively increased the sense of anticipation once he signed.

He'd been following him since he was about 14 as I recall. So about 3 years before he learned to read.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-19-2016, 02:20 PM
I know the saying. But it is not a perfect system. That's why sometimes you get players like Ian Wright emerging in their mid twenties. Or you let a player go on a free (Pogba) and then pay £90 million for him a few years later.

It is risk aversion which is a natural tendency but has to be balanced occasionally.