PDA

View Full Version : Also, and I don't which to be an old curmudgeon here, but everyone losing their ****

Sir C
09-19-2016, 10:16 AM
over Xhaka's goal... when you saw it from behind the goal, the Hull defenders not only backed off him leaving him 15 yards of space, they also actually moved to the left, giving him an absolute clean, clear sight of goal. Under such circumstances, any international quality footballer failing to hit the top corner from 20 yards wants his bumps feeling.

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 10:19 AM
over Xhaka's goal... when you saw it from behind the goal, the Hull defenders not only backed off him leaving him 15 yards of space, they also actually moved to the left, giving him an absolute clean, clear sight of goal. Under such circumstances, any international quality footballer failing to hit the top corner from 20 yards wants his bumps feeling.

Well it's better than his first long range effort he had a few games ago.

Nearer the corner flag the goal.

Luis Anaconda
09-19-2016, 10:20 AM
Well it's better than his first long range effort he had a few games ago.

Nearer the corner flag the goal.
And certainly better than his pen for Switzerland in the Euros

Luis Anaconda
09-19-2016, 10:21 AM

I would say it was a nice goal rather than spectacular or brilliant. Nothing wrong with nice, though

SWv2
09-19-2016, 10:24 AM

You sound like Monty, and I don't mean that as a compliment.

Ash
09-19-2016, 10:25 AM

With Monty's minutes limited this season, someone has to step in and play his role.

Luis Anaconda
09-19-2016, 10:28 AM
With Monty's minutes limited this season, someone has to step in and play his role.

as if by magic...

Pat Vegas
09-19-2016, 10:30 AM
I would say it was a nice goal rather than spectacular or brilliant. Nothing wrong with nice, though

Coq will get one like that one day.
It may take a little while longer.

Burney
09-19-2016, 10:30 AM

Long range efforts are very much the cheap sweets of the goals world. Superficially satisfying, but ultimately lacking in substance.

Brentwood
09-19-2016, 10:37 AM
Long range efforts are very much the cheap sweets of the goals world. Superficially satisfying, but ultimately lacking in substance.

Yeboah's goal against Liverpool is still one of my favourite all time PL goals though :cloud9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPTmLzNLkDo

Mo Britain less Europe
09-19-2016, 10:52 AM
Typical Asrenal moaners. Moan when we don't shoot and moan when a guy gets a goal from thirty yards. What a load of sad b astards.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-19-2016, 11:10 AM

How could being compared to Monty ever be meant as a compliment?

Mc Gooner
09-19-2016, 03:57 PM
How could being compared to Monty ever be meant as a compliment?

"You're Monty" trumps "Your mum" imo