PDA

View Full Version : I have decided that roast dinners fall into the same category as fry ups and curries

World's End Stella
09-19-2016, 08:51 AM
in that they while they initially have appeal, once I've gone through the hassle of making them and then eating them I always end up thinking 'that really wasn't worth it'.

Roast dinners are sh1t.

Sir C
09-19-2016, 08:52 AM
in that they while they initially have appeal, once I've gone through the hassle of making them and then eating them I always end up thinking 'that really wasn't worth it'.

Roast dinners are sh1t.

Someone stab this foreigner. Thanks.

Pokster
09-19-2016, 08:53 AM

He's talking more ****e than normal....

SWv2
09-19-2016, 08:56 AM

Roast dinners are sh1t.

Curries should be delivered or brought to your table by a curry man.

World's End Stella
09-19-2016, 09:00 AM

I admit that my view may be slightly tainted by the poor performance of my roast chicken dinner at the weekend.

But I stand by fry ups and curries, just not worth it.

Ash
09-19-2016, 09:02 AM

Roast dinners are sh1t.

**** off back to your boiled baby seal, then. :vsign:

Sir C
09-19-2016, 09:03 AM
I admit that my view may be slightly tainted by the poor performance of my roast chicken dinner at the weekend.

But I stand by fry ups and curries, just not worth it.

You simply need some instruction in the roast dinner area. Mine are invariably wondrous experiences.

Fry-ups are essentially fuss free, if one employs an oven judiciously.

I agree that there is no good excuse for cooking a curry at home.

World's End Stella
09-19-2016, 09:08 AM
You simply need some instruction in the roast dinner area. Mine are invariably wondrous experiences.

Fry-ups are essentially fuss free, if one employs an oven judiciously.

I agree that there is no good excuse for cooking a curry at home.

Oh I've had some wonderful feedback on some of my roast dinners, in particular my slow roasted leg of lamb stuffed with garlic, anchovy and rosemary. But they do create the most awful mess, take a load of time and effort to prepare and then at the end of it you realise it was just some roasted meat with gravy, potatoes, yorkshires etc

Nope, I'm dead off them now.

redgunamo
09-21-2016, 10:43 AM
once I've gone through the hassle of making them ...

There's the thing, right there; meals are always much better when someone else prepares them.

Pat Vegas
09-21-2016, 10:54 AM

Roast dinners are sh1t.

Bye bye team USA :wave:

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
09-21-2016, 11:16 AM
Curries should be delivered or brought to your table by a curry man.

Does that follow that roast dinners should be delivered by a roast man?

barrybueno
09-21-2016, 11:35 AM
But I thought you like Cesc...

Hilarious ain't I?

IUFG
09-21-2016, 11:44 AM
:redcard: curries "really wasn't worth it"

have a word with yourself, wes

World's End Stella
09-21-2016, 11:52 AM

It's true, IUFG. Perhaps I'm too healthy for my own good but no matter how good they smell, no matter how much I enjoy tucking into them, at the end of a curry I always wish I had never done it.

It's the way I roll, I'm afraid.

World's End Stella
09-21-2016, 11:53 AM
There's the thing, right there; meals are always much better when someone else prepares them.

Absolutely right, red. But I find that fact accentuated by fry ups, curries and roasts.

Welcome back, BTW. I trust the world order is now slightly better off than when you left?

IUFG
09-21-2016, 11:54 AM
well, if that is how you roll; you are truly a deviant, my man.

redgunamo
09-21-2016, 12:02 PM
Absolutely right, red. But I find that fact accentuated by fry ups, curries and roasts.

Welcome back, BTW. I trust the world order is now slightly better off than when you left?

Why, thank you. "Welcome back" yourself.

Pat Vegas
09-21-2016, 12:23 PM

The other night I thought it would a good idea to make some nice burgers.
got some special cheese, bacon, nice buns, fried some onions etc. got the fryer out for the chips.

Whilst they were nice. what a load of mess just for some burgers. cheaper and easier to order a takeaway next time.

IUFG
09-21-2016, 12:28 PM
I agree that there can be a lot of faffing for a fry up, but prepping a curry?

You can make loads of base sauce in one messy go. Freeze what you don't use and it only takes minutes to knock up future ones...