PDA

View Full Version : So. What a re we expecting tomorrow?

Sir C
09-16-2016, 10:36 AM
A comfortable victory, I'll wager.

I would play the following team:

Cech

Bellerin
Holding
Mustafi
Gibbs

Xhaka
El-Neny

Walcott
Perez
Ox

D'you see what I've done there?

Rope-a-dope, innit.

Pat Vegas
09-16-2016, 10:37 AM
A comfortable victory, I'll wager.

I would play the following team:

Cech

Bellerin
Holding
Mustafi
Gibbs

Xhaka
El-Neny

Walcott
Perez
Ox

D'you see what I've done there?

Rope-a-dope, innit.

Oh bloody hell that's come around quickly. I hadn't even thought about football.
Who we playing?

Mo Britain less Europe
09-16-2016, 10:38 AM
Hull away. A narrow victory.

I'd play that team too except I'd have Kos for Holding.

Pat Vegas
09-16-2016, 10:39 AM

I hope that young Perez will get a goal early in his Arsenal career to settle him down a bit.
This is based on one appearance.

Luis Anaconda
09-16-2016, 10:40 AM

You wouldn't consider playing 11 players then?

IUFG
09-16-2016, 10:42 AM
Hull at 5/1 to win. Looks like a decent 'insurance bet' imo

Sir C
09-16-2016, 10:43 AM

Oops. Ozil should be in there, naturally.

He looks like he needs games, to me.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-16-2016, 10:45 AM

Fantastic point. Maybe start with Santi. Build up to Oz and Alexis if needed.

World's End Stella
09-16-2016, 10:46 AM

I also noticed that, and was about to reply with something sarcastic.

And then I thought to myself 'what right do I have to do Luis Anaconda's job?'.

SWv2
09-16-2016, 10:48 AM
Tough match away in Ballyfermot to try and build on last week’s great win.

Nearly kicked off last season when my co-manager called their manager a “twát” (I think that was the specific term of abuse). Managed to calm down before I would have been forced to get involved which let’s face it would have ended up a nasty affair.

Arsenal? It’s only Hull ffs. 0-3.

Pat Vegas
09-16-2016, 10:50 AM

I was thinking what if a player in the first minute goes down 'injured' goes off for treatment but just sits there for 85 mins.
in the meantime the team makes the 3 subs then injured player wants to come back on fresh as you like.

What's the rules on this? Not that it makes any sense that you would do it but if anybody knows you would.

Also could you have a striker dressed up as a sub keeper on the bench? I know you can do it when your keepers are both knackered. Then if you were trailing you could bring him on for an extra attacking option.

World's End Stella
09-16-2016, 10:55 AM
Tough match away in Ballyfermot to try and build on last week’s great win.

Nearly kicked off last season when my co-manager called their manager a “twát” (I think that was the specific term of abuse). Managed to calm down before I would have been forced to get involved which let’s face it would have ended up a nasty affair.

Well on that note, a fairly routine win against Winchester in the Wessex Supervets Alliance. Including a fairly good tussle with their right sided player who has a bit of pace about him and whom I expect to be marking. Few of the regulars missing, including our No 9, but they're weak enough and the Gondoliers are strong enough that we should win comfortably. Doesn't really matter though as it's just a friendly, the league really begins when Epsom visit in Oct 1. Can't wait for the proper hockey to begin.

Hull 1-2 Arsenal

Mo Britain less Europe
09-16-2016, 10:57 AM
Might be worthwhile pointing out for the sake of balance that apart a narrow, and undeserved 0-1 loss to Manu they are unbeaten this season and beat Leicester home and Swansea away.

Also they have Phelan as manager who no doubt will have a bag of tricks from his old mentor to use against us.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-16-2016, 10:59 AM
I was thinking what if a player in the first minute goes down 'injured' goes off for treatment but just sits there for 85 mins.
in the meantime the team makes the 3 subs then injured player wants to come back on fresh as you like.

What's the rules on this? Not that it makes any sense that you would do it but if anybody knows you would.

Also could you have a striker dressed up as a sub keeper on the bench? I know you can do it when your keepers are both knackered. Then if you were trailing you could bring him on for an extra attacking option.

If you've made your three subs you can't bring him on unless he wasn't one of the subbed players.

I was wondering the other day if anyone's ever picked two keepers.

SWv2
09-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Well on that note, a fairly routine win against Winchester in the Wessex Supervets Alliance. Including a fairly good tussle with their right sided player who has a bit of pace about him and whom I expect to be marking. Few of the regulars missing, including our No 9, but they're weak enough and the Gondoliers are strong enough that we should win comfortably. Doesn't really matter though as it's just a friendly, the league really begins when Epsom visit in Oct 1. Can't wait for the proper hockey to begin.

Hull 1-2 Arsenal

Indeed, proper hockey as you say.

World's End Stella
09-16-2016, 11:00 AM
Might be worthwhile pointing out for the sake of balance that apart a narrow, and undeserved 0-1 loss to Manu they are unbeaten this season and beat Leicester home and Swansea away.

Also they have Phelan as manager who no doubt will have a bag of tricks from his old mentor to use against us.

He might get his players to kick lumps out of us but I doubt he'll be able to resurrect Mike Riley

#stillbitteraboutOct2005

SWv2
09-16-2016, 11:02 AM

Balance is not something that Awimb has ever sought or encouraged.

Save for The Housemartins what has Hull ever done for society?

IUFG
09-16-2016, 11:03 AM
Mike ****ing Riley.

I was having a good day. You've pissed on my chips, wes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

Pat Vegas
09-16-2016, 11:03 AM
If you've made your three subs you can't bring him on unless he wasn't one of the subbed players.

I was wondering the other day if anyone's ever picked two keepers.

I was sort of thinking like in Ice Hockey you can pull the goalie.
Rather than the keeper running up for a corner
If you had a sub left Can you sub a keeper for an outfield player? or would the player coming on have to be in keeper kit?
Has anyone tried it.

IUFG
09-16-2016, 11:06 AM
well, Hull City keeper, Alan Fettis, once came off the bench as a striker and scored...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-yL27yokgY

Mo Britain less Europe
09-16-2016, 11:06 AM
Balance is not something that Awimb has ever sought or encouraged.

Save for The Housemartins what has Hull ever done for society?

Give employment to the second finest poet of the 20th century in the English language?

World's End Stella
09-16-2016, 11:07 AM
Mike ****ing Riley.

I was having a good day. You've pissed on my chips, wes...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM747L9Wf8M

Sorry mate, but I find it therapeutic to raise it every now and then just to find out if there is someone other than me who still hasn't got over it.

Thanks for being there for me. #manhug

World's End Stella
09-16-2016, 11:19 AM
Kinell IUFG - don't ask me why but I just watched most of that all over again, it was agony :-( I stopped just as Rooney was about to dive as I couldn't take it anymore.

Has any team ever been shafted by a referee as badly as we were that day?

SWv2
09-16-2016, 11:21 AM
Give employment to the second finest poet of the 20th century in the English language?

I wouldn’t be big on poetry Mo, always struck me as a past time for poofs and wastrels.

Each to their own all the same.

Pat Vegas
09-16-2016, 11:22 AM
Kinell IUFG - don't ask me why but I just watched most of that all over again, it was agony :-( I stopped just as Rooney was about to dive as I couldn't take it anymore.

Has any team ever been shafted by a referee as badly as we were that day?

I was also infuriated that game where Sol got sent off for that 'deliberate' elbow.
With the touchline discussion :furious:

Mo Britain less Europe
09-16-2016, 11:23 AM
I wouldn’t be big on poetry Mo, always struck me as a past time for poofs and wastrels.

Each to their own all the same.

Association football began in 1863
which was far too soon for me

IUFG
09-16-2016, 12:09 PM
Hull is the anal sphincter of England. So I suppose it helped Middlesbrough out a bit...

Ash
09-16-2016, 12:14 PM

Last time we said that we were 2-0 down in about 8 minutes, and nearly shipped a third.

Also, we are playing like a bit of old, frayed rope at the moment and Hull are going quite well.

IUFG
09-16-2016, 12:18 PM
We tend to do quite well at their place, iirc

Ash
09-16-2016, 12:18 PM
He might get his players to kick lumps out of us but I doubt he'll be able to resurrect Mike Riley

#stillbitteraboutOct2005

He doesn't need resurrecting, WES. He's still there. Running the show.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mike+riley+pmgol

Rich
09-16-2016, 12:19 PM
I hope that young Perez will get a goal early in his Arsenal career to settle him down a bit.
This is based on one appearance.

He is 28. Hardly young for a footballer.

Pat Vegas
09-16-2016, 12:20 PM
He is 28. Hardly young for a footballer.

Rich from yesterdays thread they are all young. Except for young whippersnappers like yourself.