PDA

View Full Version : Mourinho - sacked in the morning???

Mo Britain less Europe
09-15-2016, 07:05 PM
That's two defeats in six days. Meltdown.

Just Trent
09-15-2016, 07:45 PM
Wouldn't it be great if he was forced to recall Schweinsteiger?

Mo Britain less Europe
09-15-2016, 09:43 PM
Not to mention Eva Carneiro....

Lady Henry AKA The African Queen
09-15-2016, 11:29 PM

CRISIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sadly would be too good to be true

World's End Stella
09-16-2016, 07:34 AM

Um, no. Not yet, anyway.

But if I was forced to bet, I would bet that Mourinho and Pogba have a massive falling out this year, to the point that he might no longer be in the first 11. In many ways, he is the antithesis of the sort of player that Mourinho loves.

Now that would be seriously funny.

Luis Anaconda
09-16-2016, 08:12 AM
Um, no. Not yet, anyway.

But if I was forced to bet, I would bet that Mourinho and Pogba have a massive falling out this year, to the point that he might no longer be in the first 11. In many ways, he is the antithesis of the sort of player that Mourinho loves.

Now that would be seriously funny.
Yep - I think they've dug themselves a bit of a hole with Pogba. Huge talent, of course, but even after three years at Juve, no one really knows his best position. I'm sure he'll be effective at times, but it was clearly a signing that was a "statement of intent", rather than a player they desperately needed or had a plan for. Could be fun. Love the fact that ginger **** Scholes says they should sign Modric or Kroos to get the best out of him - coz Real are just going to offload their best players

Sir C
09-16-2016, 08:16 AM

He's lost 13 of his last 31, apparently.

Wouldn't it be fun if he really had shot his bolt? Lost his mojo. Burned out.

Sadly, I doubt this is the case.

World's End Stella
09-16-2016, 08:29 AM
He's lost 13 of his last 31, apparently.

Wouldn't it be fun if he really had shot his bolt? Lost his mojo. Burned out.

Sadly, I doubt this is the case.

I share your scepticism, however I wouldn't write it off just yet. It doesn't matter how good a manager you are tactically if you lose the players, as Mourinho did at Chelsea. And there are already signs that he hasn't learnt from his Chelsea mistakes. Publicly singling out two players as not being up to the mental challenge of a big match is a huge gamble. A lit bit more of that and then a very unhappy Pogba and things could go horribly wrong in that dressing room.

And it shouldn't be that surprising that he hasn't learnt from his Chelsea experience. I mean, how could he learn? He's Jose Mourinho, he has nothing to learn from anyone or anything. Hence, the issue.

World's End Stella
09-16-2016, 08:33 AM
Yep - I think they've dug themselves a bit of a hole with Pogba. Huge talent, of course, but even after three years at Juve, no one really knows his best position. I'm sure he'll be effective at times, but it was clearly a signing that was a "statement of intent", rather than a player they desperately needed or had a plan for. Could be fun. Love the fact that ginger **** Scholes says they should sign Modric or Kroos to get the best out of him - coz Real are just going to offload their best players

Quite. An exceptionally talented player who has the ego associated with a huge transfer fee and salary, who rarely influences a game in the way his talent suggests he should, who is rarely focused on the defensive side of the game and whose positional discipline is non-existent?

Nope, can't see him ever falling out with Jose Mourinho.

Sir C
09-16-2016, 08:40 AM

Every time I've seen him, and that's probably 10 times, I've ended up scratching my head wondering what he is bringing to the team. The power, the fancy touches, these are self-evident, but they generally seem to me to add up to not very much.

Plus, stupid hair.

SWv2
09-16-2016, 08:43 AM
Quite. An exceptionally talented player who has the ego associated with a huge transfer fee and salary, who rarely influences a game in the way his talent suggests he should, who is rarely focused on the defensive side of the game and whose positional discipline is non-existent?

I think that is a little harsh.

I would have seen him in games for Juventus last season where he was by far the best and most influential player on the pitch normally playing however within a midfield 3 where the other two were largely charged with playing slightly deeper and allowing him to do as he pleased.

From what I have seen, home debut apart, he is stuck in a two with Fellaini and quite often their play is completely by-passing him.

Tactically in the Euros after the loss of Kante he was charged with playing a deeper role which he did with great effect. Not perhaps what you want or expect from a 90m player.

I would suggest he has to be given relatively free reign and to do that they need to lose a player from the current set-Up, Rooney as an example. Well not an example, they have to lose Rooney as he appears to be morphing into a Steven Gerrard lite whose only role is to try and hit at times unnecessary 40 yard passes while contributing very little else.

He’s a phenomenal player at a phenomenal cost. If Mourinho cannot bring out the best in him it will be simply hilarious.

Brentwood
09-16-2016, 08:47 AM

13 defeats in 30 games or something. The more this stat is mentioned the better

World's End Stella
09-16-2016, 09:07 AM
I think that is a little harsh.

I would have seen him in games for Juventus last season where he was by far the best and most influential player on the pitch normally playing however within a midfield 3 where the other two were largely charged with playing slightly deeper and allowing him to do as he pleased.

From what I have seen, home debut apart, he is stuck in a two with Fellaini and quite often their play is completely by-passing him.

Tactically in the Euros after the loss of Kante he was charged with playing a deeper role which he did with great effect. Not perhaps what you want or expect from a 90m player.

I would suggest he has to be given relatively free reign and to do that they need to lose a player from the current set-Up, Rooney as an example. Well not an example, they have to lose Rooney as he appears to be morphing into a Steven Gerrard lite whose only role is to try and hit at times unnecessary 40 yard passes while contributing very little else.

He’s a phenomenal player at a phenomenal cost. If Mourinho cannot bring out the best in him it will be simply hilarious.

You've clearly seen him more times than me, N. Although watching him too often with Juve seems to be on the border of deviancy.

I've seen him 2 or 3 times with Juve and I watched him in the Euro final and while his talent was obvious in all games, he didn't really impact the game the way you would think he could in any of them.

I think his best position is as one of the two in Mourinho's 4231 however Mourinho wants those two players to break up play first and foremost and I remain unconvinced that Pogba wants to or is capable of being that player.

Pat Vegas
09-16-2016, 09:27 AM

I said before I don't think they have a great team.
Some great players but lets see. Everyone was saying they will win the league. They could do.
But City look far more dangerous imo.

SWv2
09-16-2016, 09:45 AM
You've clearly seen him more times than me, N. Although watching him too often with Juve seems to be on the border of deviancy.

Watching non-domestic* football is a wonderful stress-free experience as any subconscious hatred or dislike of certain clubs or even players tends to be absent.

Can on occasion lead to minor friction chez moi but most other television is evil and of little educational value.

*English

PSRB
09-16-2016, 10:24 AM

"Effective at times", you mean against us, don't you?

Luis Anaconda
09-16-2016, 10:30 AM
"Effective at times", you mean against us, don't you?

:( Of course. He'll assist each of Rooney's goals in his hat-trick

Mo Britain less Europe
09-16-2016, 10:33 AM
I said before I don't think they have a great team.
Some great players but lets see. Everyone was saying they will win the league. They could do.
But City look far more dangerous imo.

I don't think they have a hope in hell of winning it. They'll struggle to get in the top four.

Pat Vegas
09-16-2016, 10:35 AM
:( Of course. He'll assist each of Rooney's goals in his hat-trick

One of the players I hate the most at United is Ashley Young.
I don't know why but he annoys me a lot.

Valencia is also up there.

The current Liverpool squad I don't hate as much as it's quite a different look to it now Gerrard has gone.
Perhaps Firmino.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-16-2016, 11:14 AM
http://talksport.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/201609/josesss.jpg?itok=gSUMo1pr