PDA

View Full Version : Why are Spurs playing at Wembley?

Pat Vegas
09-15-2016, 11:16 AM
What's the criteria?

the King Power stadium has a smaller capacity are Leicester playing their home matches there?

also what changed at Highbury that meant we stopped playing CL games at Wembley?

Thank you.

SWv2
09-15-2016, 11:20 AM
What's the criteria?

the King Power stadium has a smaller capacity are Leicester playing their home matches there?

also what changed at Highbury that meant we stopped playing CL games at Wembley?

Thank you.

Demand / Greed.

The only issue I recall at Highbury was linked to advertising hoardings which in turn hampered the view or something from the first 2-3 rows of the stands and in turn meant the relocation of ST holders.

Pat Vegas
09-15-2016, 11:22 AM
Demand / Greed.

The only issue I recall at Highbury was linked to advertising hoardings which in turn hampered the view or something from the first 2-3 rows of the stands and in turn meant the relocation of ST holders.

That explains the empty rows at the front they used to have.

**** Spurs!

Mo Britain less Europe
09-15-2016, 01:12 PM
What's the criteria?

Thank you.

We were not winning games we should have.

Tony C
09-15-2016, 03:56 PM
If you remember UEFA changed the rules the 2nd year we were there so that the team finishing 3rd in their group would qualify for the UEFA Cup which had less advertising restrictions so we played those games at Highbury and then we got to the final and Wenger said **** it we're staying at Highbury for the CL even with the heavy advertising restrictions.

Got to laugh at Spurs...there's no way their players will last out the season with Ponchentino's insane training regime...these Wembley games are going to tire them out big time.

That said I'm not sure if some of their players might be u know....juicing.

I'm sorry but Toby lad has put on at least 10lbs of muscle since the Euros. Impossible gains imo impossible. He thinks he's Conor fkin McGregor that one...