PDA

View Full Version : Old Skool Post - M A K A H I K I - how far does he win the Arc please?

Tony C
09-13-2016, 01:41 PM
9/1 with ppower

TASTY :eat:

time to get Christmas moniessssssssssss :mancs: woooooooohooooooooooooooooo

EASY EASY EASY

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MONEY!!!! will absolutely maul the European horses imo imo

Sir C
09-13-2016, 01:47 PM
9/1 with ppower

TASTY :eat:

time to get Christmas moniessssssssssss :mancs: woooooooohooooooooooooooooo

EASY EASY EASY

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MONEY!!!! will absolutely maul the European horses imo imo

The last time you told me something like this t, I did as you recommended and then I NEVER SAW MY FIFTY PENCE AGAIN.

Burney
09-13-2016, 01:52 PM
The last time you told me something like this t, I did as you recommended and then I NEVER SAW MY FIFTY PENCE AGAIN.

T always used to be telling us to 'lump on' in the old days. He and someone else used to get irate with one another about their respective gambling tips. Tony felt this other person questioned his credentials and it got quite heated.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
09-13-2016, 02:13 PM
T always used to be telling us to 'lump on' in the old days. He and someone else used to get irate with one another about their respective gambling tips. Tony felt this other person questioned his credentials and it got quite heated.

Was it brightongunner & didn't he lose quite a lot of dosh :sherlock:

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2016, 02:14 PM
I remember that - who was it. Don't think he really understood the Tony C character

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2016, 02:14 PM
Was it brightongunner & didn't he lose quite a lot of dosh :sherlock:
:hehe: That might be it - he's still waiting for us to sign M'Vila

Tony C
09-13-2016, 02:27 PM
The infamous Me vs Brightongof*ckhimself?

I lost Awimb friends over my behaviour at the time but that's all cool.

Happy to retell the story especially with the Way Back Machine to verify what I'm saying.

-

There was initially a small clique of hard core horse racing aficionados on here...me, Kilburn Al, 2020, johnjensenshootingboots.

JJSB was the first to depart the group so it was mainly me, Kilburn and 2020.

We would meet up at Cheltenham quite a lot and even took fellow Awimbers up with us....hanging out with Twickers and Luis Anaconda up there was pretty awesome.

Anyways back then it was pretty hard for newbies to make a name on the board.

You more or less had to take your lumps (in a keyboard warrior sort of way) until you were accepted into the group.

Step forth Brighton Gunner who decided rather than earn the respect of others he would just target one of the top dogs on here and hopefully he would earn the acclaim and respect of others.

For 2 years the guy berated and targeted my posts.

Always looking to insult and ridicule.

Me...being the gentleman that I am just took it. Anyone whose met me on here will testify to how much of a gent I am.

Anways back in April of 2011 I saw a horse win a race out in France....POUR MOI and when I heard he was coming over for the Epsom Derby I got exicited...he looked all over the winner at me and I helped myself to as much of the 20/1 as I could get.

I backed him all the way down to 10/1.

I was absolutely certain he was 100% the real deal.

I've done this sort of thing before and failed....People with longer memories on here will remember the infamous Curtain Call gamble I started on here.

Curtain Call was 100/1 for the Derby 6 months before the race...I tipped him up on here and it caught wild fire...I could not believe that less than two weeks before the Derby he was the 7/2 favourite!! needless to say he didn't win.

But with Pour Moi I was absolutely certain.

Brighton Gunner on the other hand called me all sorts of names and ridiculed me and my selection. berating me with vile insults particularly through private messages.

he had it in for me.

I saw an opportunity when he told another AWIMBER to ignore me and back Native Khan for the race so I struck a bet with him....

POUR MOI vs Native Khan....with the horse finishing in the higher position being declared the winner and the loser would have to cough up £500.

TIME FOR THE GAY KEYBOARD WARRIOR Threats to stop and lets put some money down.

Roll on the Derby and Pour Moi flew from LAST to FIRST with one of the most epic sweeping runs down the outside to win right on the line!!! it was epic beyond believe. especially as the jockey was celebrating well before the finishing line...brave man...it was so close.

Afterwards BrightonGunner REFUSED to pay me the £500.

He basically dodged the issue and stopped replying to me publically on the board.

I challenged on the issue by Private Message and he said he couldn't pay the £500 so wanted to know if I would accept £25.

WHAT THE ****???? are you being serious.

all that talk and you don't have the money???

so I took to AWIMB and spent every opportunity ridiculing and berating him like he did me...mainly rubbing Pour Moi's win and his refusal to honour the bet in his face at every opportunity.

It was most enjoyable and pleasurable to destroy him.

needless to say there were a few people who weren't happy with this side of me so defriended me on facebook and we've never talked since.

but I didn't care one bit...loved every moment of it....

---

anyways that's the story....fancy not paying up £500...what a clown.

Tony C
09-13-2016, 02:28 PM
Also forgot ArseMart!!! LOOOOOOOOOL epic day at the festival.

and Alan the cab driver

Tony C
09-13-2016, 02:33 PM
man I need to go to game soon and catch up with you lot...

still meet at the Woodbine?

Burney
09-13-2016, 02:34 PM

Happy to retell the story especially with the Way Back Machine to verify what I'm saying.

-

There was initially a small clique of hard core horse racing aficionados on here...me, Kilburn Al, 2020, johnjensenshootingboots.

We would meet up at Cheltenham quite a lot and even took fellow Awimbers up with us....hanging out with Twickers and Luis Anaconda up there was pretty awesome.

You more or less had to take your lumps (in a keyboard warrior sort of way) until you were accepted into the group.

Step forth Brighton Gunner who decided rather than earn the respect of others he would just target one of the top dogs on here and hopefully he would earn the acclaim and respect of others.

Me...being the gentleman that I am just took it. Anyone whose met me on here will testify to how much of a gent I am.

Anways back in April of 2011 I saw a horse win a race out in France....POUR MOI and when I heard he was coming over for the Epsom Derby I got exicited...he looked all over the winner at me and I helped myself to as much of the 20/1 as I could get.

I've done this sort of thing before and failed....People with longer memories on here will remember the infamous Curtain Call gamble I started on here.

Curtain Call was 100/1 for the Derby 6 months before the race...I tipped him up on here and it caught wild fire...I could not believe that less than two weeks before the Derby he was the 7/2 favourite!! needless to say he didn't win.

Brighton Gunner on the other hand called me all sorts of names and ridiculed me and my selection. berating me with vile insults particularly through private messages.

he had it in for me.

I saw an opportunity when he told another AWIMBER to ignore me and back Native Khan for the race so I struck a bet with him....

POUR MOI vs Native Khan....with the horse finishing in the higher position being declared the winner and the loser would have to cough up £500.

Roll on the Derby and Pour Moi flew from LAST to FIRST with one of the most epic sweeping runs down the outside to win right on the line!!! it was epic beyond believe. especially as the jockey was celebrating well before the finishing line...brave man...it was so close.

He basically dodged the issue and stopped replying to me publically on the board.

I challenged on the issue by Private Message and he said he couldn't pay the £500 so wanted to know if I would accept £25.

so I took to AWIMB and spent every opportunity ridiculing and berating him like he did me...mainly rubbing Pour Moi's win and his refusal to honour the bet in his face at every opportunity.

needless to say there were a few people who weren't happy with this side of me so defriended me on facebook and we've never talked since.

---

This is a most pleasing story, t. A chap who welches on a bet should never be allowed to show himself in decent society again. In better times he'd have been required to withdraw to the smoking room with a revolver and a single bullet.

Sir C
09-13-2016, 02:43 PM

-

he had it in for me.

---

Top work here t.

Sir C
09-13-2016, 02:44 PM
man I need to go to game soon and catch up with you lot...

still meet at the Woodbine?

I've quit t, but Withnail, Negger and Frimley still meet for lunch I believe.

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2016, 02:47 PM
Also forgot ArseMart!!! LOOOOOOOOOL epic day at the festival.

and Alan the cab driver

Great days t, great days

Maravilloso Marvo
09-13-2016, 03:15 PM

-

he had it in for me.

---

I recall this in great detail, we had 100s of posts that lead you to a Pour Moi punchline.

Anyway, I have met both of you in real life and thought you were both nice. I work in quite a similar field to Brighton and he seemed relatively switched on and up to speed there as well.

Ash
09-13-2016, 04:39 PM

-

he had it in for me.

---

:clap: Great post Tony. :-)