PDA

View Full Version : Well I for one am glad that Great British Bake Off is moving to Channel 4

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:15 AM
Because now it means that Sir C will be able to enjoy it - something he has previously been unable to do given his rigid and admirable refusal to watch anything on the BBC.

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 09:17 AM
Because now it means that Sir C will be able to enjoy it - something he has previously been unable to do given his rigid and admirable refusal to watch anything on the BBC.

That's fine provided they keep Paul, Mary and the two dykes. And the tent. I can't be dealing with too much change, Berni.

That's what living in England for 24 years has done to me. :-(

Sir C
09-13-2016, 09:18 AM

Indeed, I shall no longer have to go through the convulated process of digitising the feed via satellite to strip it of its commie influences.

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 09:31 AM
Indeed, I shall no longer have to go through the convulated process of digitising the feed via satellite to strip it of its commie influences.

One of them is scouse and two of them are lesbians, Charles. It may not be a match made in heaven, if I'm honest.

Pat Vegas
09-13-2016, 09:32 AM
That's fine provided they keep Paul, Mary and the two dykes. And the tent. I can't be dealing with too much change, Berni.

Will they change the format by adding some radical Islamics, Gypsies, Disabled fellas and couples who are considering adding a 3rd person into the relationship?

Sir C
09-13-2016, 09:32 AM
One of them is scouse and two of them are lesbians, Charles. It may not be a match made in heaven, if I'm honest.

I find Mr Hollywood quite offensive, actually. Especially his salt and pepper goatee.

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:36 AM

What? As opposed to the bustling, fast-moving culture of...err...Canada, you mean? ;-)

Welcome back, btw

Pat Vegas
09-13-2016, 09:36 AM

Where did you live before?

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:37 AM

I'm pretty sure only one of them is a lesbian. And I know for a FACT that she is not entirely averse to cock.

Sir C
09-13-2016, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure only one of them is a lesbian. And I know for a FACT that she is not entirely averse to cock.

I thought they used to lesbianise each other?

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:40 AM
I find Mr Hollywood quite offensive, actually. Especially his salt and pepper goatee.

It's his coloured, turned-up cuffs, and hooking of his thumbs outside his pockets that makes me want to stab him.

Mary Berry is increasingly looking like Gary Oldman's Dracula. I find watching her bite things with her false teeth distressing.

Sir C
09-13-2016, 09:41 AM
It's his coloured, turned-up cuffs, and hooking of his thumbs outside his pockets that makes me want to stab him.

Mary Berry is increasingly looking like Gary Oldman's Dracula. I find watching her bite things with her false teeth distressing.

Yes, also, her creepy arthritic stumps make me retch when she tries to use them like humans use hands :-(

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:41 AM
I thought they used to lesbianise each other?

No. Mel has always driven stick as far as I'm aware and is married with two kids.

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:44 AM
Yes, also, her creepy arthritic stumps make me retch when she tries to use them like humans use hands :-(

Oh, God! I'm glad it's not just me who finds her deeply scary. She's like a fùcking death's head. I hope the move to Channel 4 involves fúcking her in the bin and getting someone less moribund.

Sir C
09-13-2016, 09:45 AM
No. Mel has always driven stick as far as I'm aware and is married with two kids.

Well, there you go, you live and learn. Mind you, I never saw them as a comedy duo. I think the first time I encountered the muncher was seeing her in a show with Giles Coren. She was quite flirty, which confused me. These lesbonians really need to make their minds up.

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2016, 09:46 AM
Well, there you go, you live and learn. Mind you, I never saw them as a comedy duo. I think the first time I encountered the muncher was seeing her in a show with Giles Coren. She was quite flirty, which confused me. These lesbonians really need to make their minds up.

Well since Giles Coren is a massive **** you can see why she would be confused

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:47 AM

Well you know my opinion on the matter of all this sapphist nonsense. I shan't bore you by reiterating my views other than to point out that it can't be sex if there isn't a pénis involved - and that's a FACT.

Sir C
09-13-2016, 09:47 AM

Have you never met wes, f?

Imagine a 6' 4" 16 stone bald Canadian with a voice like a fog horn bawling into your ear. That is, almost literally, the wes experience.

He does get his round in, mind.

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:48 AM

'Forgive and forget' - that's your motto, isn't it, la? :hehe:

Sir C
09-13-2016, 09:48 AM
Oh, God! I'm glad it's not just me who finds her deeply scary. She's like a fùcking death's head. I hope the move to Channel 4 involves fúcking her in the bin and getting someone less moribund.

:nod: She's deader than HRC.

Pat Vegas
09-13-2016, 09:49 AM

Imagine a 6' 4" 16 stone bald Canadian with a voice like a fog horn bawling into your ear. That is, almost literally, the wes experience.

No I never had the pleasure.

I think I turned up after he left. To fulfill the Canadian quota.

Sir C
09-13-2016, 09:49 AM

Aww, poor Giles. He's massively misunderstood, la.

We all speak in haste on occasion, don't we?

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:50 AM
:nod: She's deader than HRC.

Yes. Hillary 'Powering through pneumonia' Clinton. :hehe:

This is definitely my favourite US Presidential election ever. :hehe:

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:51 AM

Indeed. Let he who has never written the odd regrettable thing late at night whilst slightly pissed cast the first stone imo. :nod:

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2016, 09:51 AM

:nod: Forgive and forget unless it involved Giles **** Coren

This animosity doesn't stretch to the rest of his family obviously. Which reminds me, I missed Only Connect last night

Sir C
09-13-2016, 09:52 AM

You should definitely meet up to discuss the old country.

Stay off the subject of football. He becomes, excitable, even louder, and a bit sweaty. :thumbup:

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:53 AM

This animosity doesn't stretch to the rest of his family obviously. Which reminds me, I missed Only Connect last night

I caught up with the one before that, but also missed it. I fear a lot of the contestants on OC have literally never touched a lady's private areas, la. :-(

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2016, 09:54 AM

Oh, I have far more against him then one simple occasion. He's a restaurant critic for a start. You don't get much lower then that

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:54 AM

Stay off the subject of football. He becomes, excitable, even louder, and a bit sweaty. :thumbup:

I think the lack of hair must be an issue. The top of one's head gets quite warm, I understand, so if one doesn't have hair to act as a dam,the swear must just pour out.

Pat Vegas
09-13-2016, 09:55 AM
I think the lack of hair must be an issue. The top of one's head gets quite warm, I understand, so if one doesn't have hair to act as a dam,the swear must just pour out.

It must be a Canadian thing. I sweat too much too. Maybe we are not designed for temperatures hotter than 15 degrees. always my forehead. I am thinking of getting botox to stop it.

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:56 AM
Oh, I have far more against him then one simple occasion. He's a restaurant critic for a start. You don't get much lower then that

It's surely the world's cushiest gig? Eat and drink for free at the best restaurants, write something snidey and dismissive, move on. Do it all over again. Lovely.

Burney
09-13-2016, 09:57 AM
It must be a Canadian thing. I sweat too much too. Maybe we are not designed for temperatures hotter than 15 degrees. always my forehead. I am thinking of getting botox to stop it.

You could try and revive the headband. Like Mark Knopfler.

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2016, 09:58 AM
I caught up with the one before that, but also missed it. I fear a lot of the contestants on OC have literally never touched a lady's private areas, la. :-(

Yes - they are rather shown up by the cool kids of University Challenge beforehand. Mind you there have been some pretty poor teams this time round: maybe the UK is running out of Geeks

Sir C
09-13-2016, 10:01 AM
Yes - they are rather shown up by the cool kids of University Challenge beforehand. Mind you there have been some pretty poor teams this time round: maybe the UK is running out of Geeks

There was a chap on University Challenge last night who, presented with a map of the Baltic Sea and asked to identify the highlighted island, confidently declared it to be 'Ireland'.

Does going to university actually make people thicker?

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 10:08 AM
What? As opposed to the bustling, fast-moving culture of...err...Canada, you mean? ;-)

Welcome back, btw

I understand your point but you would probably be surprised at how quickly Canadians move forward, especially if they think they may be accused of something that ends with 'ism'.

And thanks.

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 10:11 AM

First five years of my life in Canada (Ontario and Quebec), next three in London (the English version) then back to Ontario for 22 years then back to the UK, with three years in NY in there somewhere.

F*ck me that just made me feel really old :-(

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 10:14 AM

Nonsense.

6'3" and 15 stone - I've been on a diet. And if you drink with Anaconda you end up having to get all the rounds in, pretty much.

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 10:16 AM

IAHYK

This is seriously deja vu all over again

Ash
09-13-2016, 10:46 AM

Is that the thing on before Ripper Street? I have seen a few minutes with the sound turned down. You are supposed to be able to name things like a list of famous people from St Louis, FFS! I managed The Chief, and got stuck after that.

Ash
09-13-2016, 10:47 AM

Driven away by Jorge, ISTR. What goes around, comes around, and all that.

Pat Vegas
09-13-2016, 10:48 AM
You could try and revive the headband. Like Mark Knopfler.

:hehe: I found one the other day when I was clearing up. with Molson Canadian written on it. Perfect.

Burney
09-13-2016, 10:48 AM
There was a chap on University Challenge last night who, presented with a map of the Baltic Sea and asked to identify the highlighted island, confidently declared it to be 'Ireland'.

Does going to university actually make people thicker?

No, but merely going can convince some people that they aren't thick and thereby reinforce ignorance.

I trust Paxman sneered and snorted at this benighted individual? I expect there was an ejaculation of 'IRELAND!?!?!?!?'?

Pat Vegas
09-13-2016, 10:49 AM
First five years of my life in Canada (Ontario and Quebec), next three in London (the English version) then back to Ontario for 22 years then back to the UK, with three years in NY in there somewhere.

F*ck me that just made me feel really old :-(

I'm from Halifax NS but only lived there for 3 years then I was moved to London.

Pat Vegas
09-13-2016, 10:49 AM

When I was on here at first. I used to really hate Jorge we'd conflict on many things.

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 11:03 AM

No, twas a falling out with Headgear over something that I can't even recall. We have subsequently made up on Facebook, however.

How are things with you, fine sir? The lovely Mrs Ash well? (crosses fingers and hopes they're still together)

Ash
09-13-2016, 11:12 AM
No, twas a falling out with Headgear over something that I can't even recall. We have subsequently made up on Facebook, however.

How are things with you, fine sir? The lovely Mrs Ash well? (crosses fingers and hopes they're still together)

Yes, we are both well, thanks. Did you note what an excellent Euros young Aaron had?

I remember now that you had the word cùnt in your handle which Headgear had a problem with as it blocked some peoples' access.

Pokster
09-13-2016, 11:16 AM

2 are Lesbians??? Are you calling Mary a lesbian!!!

Burney
09-13-2016, 11:19 AM

Oh, that's a disturbing thought. :-(

Sir C
09-13-2016, 11:19 AM

Dear God. Imagine Mary Berry getting her freak on with another lady :-(

Burney
09-13-2016, 11:21 AM
Dear God. Imagine Mary Berry getting her freak on with another lady :-(

I imagine she rustles when naked. :-(

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 11:30 AM
Yes, we are both well, thanks. Did you note what an excellent Euros young Aaron had?

I remember now that you had the word cùnt in your handle which Headgear had a problem with as it blocked some peoples' access.

I think it was a sequence of events which culminated in that situation being the proverbial final straw. But I can't really remember, nor do I wish to.

I saw two games which involved the posey Welsher. Against a poor English team he was utterly anonymous and against Portugal in the semis, again, I don't recall him doing anything special although he certainly wasn't poor. The English media do, however, love a chap who runs about a lot, so I expect that is the basis of their Ramsey love-in.

SW and I have exchanged emails on this topic and my recollection is that our conclusion was that rather a lot of people think that young Aaron endlessly pushing forward is a good and admirable thing, so good that they forgive his weaknesses. My view is that if he's going to play in midfield i.e. the '2', I would prefer him to play farther back. Effectively, I want him to be what Xhaka is, and he isn't. The other option is currently occupied by one Mesut Ozil, a far superior player.

So play him centrally or sell him, SW's words, not mine. I'd just sell him. :-)

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 11:33 AM

Au contraire my fellow follically challenged friend, I would never level criticism against the lovely Mary who represents all that is good and wonderful about my adopted country.

Those two reprobates Berni and Charles have been disgracefully disrespectful about her in this thread. Flogging would be too good for them.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-13-2016, 11:40 AM

Ronnie Corbett and the newspaper complaint
Water off a ducks beak

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2016, 11:42 AM
Against Portugal in the semis, again, I don't recall him doing anything special although he certainly wasn't poor. The English media do, however, love a chap who runs about a lot, so I expect that is the basis of their Ramsey love-in.

I've said before that I didn't think you are actually watching the same player as the rest of us and now I have evidence. Which midfielder did you mistake him for in the Portugal game? It was, of course, a match for which he was suspended.

Sir C
09-13-2016, 11:43 AM
I've said before that I didn't think you are actually watching the same player as the rest of us and now I have evidence. Which midfielder did you mistake him for in the Portugal game? It was, of course, a match for which he was suspended.

:hehe: I know I shouldn't laugh, but :hehe:

Burney
09-13-2016, 11:45 AM
Ronnie Corbett and the newspaper complaint
Water off a ducks beak

Corbett was poisonous little Scottish runt who only didn't get done by Yewtree because most kids could overpower the dwarven cùnt. FACT!

Pokster
09-13-2016, 11:47 AM
Au contraire my fellow follically challenged friend, I would never level criticism against the lovely Mary who represents all that is good and wonderful about my adopted country.

Those two reprobates Berni and Charles have been disgracefully disrespectful about her in this thread. Flogging would be too good for them.

So there is 1 Lesbian..Sue, as Mel certainly isn't ( I expect it would shopck her husband if she was)

Burney
09-13-2016, 11:49 AM

:clap: Oh, it's been a while since WES self-****ed like that. It's brought back happy memories. :hehe:

Pokster

That is because WES is anexpert oneverything and needs no evidence to say he would have been **** if he had played, a vbit like his opinion on about everything really

World's End Stella

Oh was he? That's why I didn't think he was poor. It was another one then, but rest assured he did nothing.

Pokster
09-13-2016, 11:51 AM
Oh was he? That's why I didn't think he was poor. It was another one then, but rest assured he did nothing.

So it was another game against a team you can't remember???

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 11:53 AM
That is because WES is anexpert oneverything and needs no evidence to say he would have been **** if he had played, a vbit like his opinion on about everything really

No, like many people, I offer opinions. If they differ from yours and you find that frustrating I suggest you stop reading them.

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 11:56 AM
So it was another game against a team you can't remember???

Yes, I have no interest in Wales, it was only the England game I watched with any interest. I struggled to remember if the Portugal games was even the semis such was the level of my disinterest.

Burney
09-13-2016, 11:57 AM
Yes, I have no interest in Wales, it was only the England game I watched with any interest. I struggled to remember if the Portugal games was even the semis such was the level of my disinterest.

Not 'disinterest'.

Sir C
09-13-2016, 11:59 AM
No, like many people, I offer opinions. If they differ from yours and you find that frustrating I suggest you stop reading them.

Remember that time he glassed you? I was shocked, mate, truly shocked. I was all up for calling the Old Bill, but you were kind, and forgiving, and in every way the bigger man. And this is how he repays you.

If I were you I'd find him and batter him.

Viva Prat Vegas
09-13-2016, 11:59 AM
Corbett was poisonous little Scottish runt who only didn't get done by Yewtree because most kids could overpower the dwarven cùnt. FACT!

Did you look down on him?

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2016, 12:01 PM
Well it can't have been Belgium then, because he had a big role in two of the goals there and you would have remembered that

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Not 'disinterest'.

Go on then - these word things have never been my strength :-(

Sir C
09-13-2016, 12:02 PM
Well it can't have been Belgium then, because he had a big role in two of the goals there and you would have remembered that

Yes, and he scored against Russia...

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Remember that time he glassed you? I was shocked, mate, truly shocked. I was all up for calling the Old Bill, but you were kind, and forgiving, and in every way the bigger man. And this is how he repays you.

To be fair, it was a plastic cup :-)

Pokster is someone who should just never drink alcohol. And coming from me, that's saying something :-(

I think it was Geoff Boycott based. The horrible, thin lipped, wobbly gobbed, wife beating traitor. Geoff, not Pokster.

Pokster
09-13-2016, 12:06 PM

Excuse me, a couple of pointers...... I plasticed him (seeing as he is a plastic, it was an assault made in heaven)
He dissed Sir G Boycott, some things are just not on

World's End Stella
09-13-2016, 12:06 PM

I do remember a goal to which he contributed. Another run forward, a nice first touch, a decent ball in and an average striker made to look like Van Basten by the opposition central defenders. Was that Belgium?

Pokster
09-13-2016, 12:07 PM

You even have opinions about things you didn't watch, truly remarkable

Sir C
09-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Excuse me, a couple of pointers...... I plasticed him (seeing as he is a plastic, it was an assault made in heaven)
He dissed Sir G Boycott, some things are just not on

Well, at least you're braver than Boycott, inasmuch as you're prepared to hit men as well as women. wd p.

Pokster
09-13-2016, 12:14 PM
Well, at least you're braver than Boycott, inasmuch as you're prepared to hit men as well as women. wd p.

Countdown to berni slagging off the French courts.. 10...9...8....7

Luis Anaconda
09-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Countdown to berni slagging off the French courts.. 10...9...8....7

:hehe: He does have a point with that one though