PDA

View Full Version : So the presidential election is between a pantomime villain and a woman who, if asked

Burney
09-12-2016, 08:47 AM
to remain upright for any length of time, starts shaking like a shītting dog. :clap:

I'm really starting to get my hopes up that Trump might actually win. Purely by virtue of being every liberal's favourite bogeyman, he'd get my vote.

God bless America. :hehe:

Sir C
09-12-2016, 08:53 AM
to remain upright for any length of time, starts shaking like a shītting dog. :clap:

I'm really starting to get my hopes up that Trump might actually win. Purely by virtue of being every liberal's favourite bogeyman, he'd get my vote.

I'm just rubbing my eyes in disbelief here. How is it possible that the most powerful nation on earth has to choose between these two for a head of state? It's like us having to vote for Corbyn or Farage.

How about a military coup. That might work out better.

Burney
09-12-2016, 09:03 AM
I'm just rubbing my eyes in disbelief here. How is it possible that the most powerful nation on earth has to choose between these two for a head of state? It's like us having to vote for Corbyn or Farage.

How about a military coup. That might work out better.

Well the thing that few people on the left seem to get is that Trump is merely the symptom of a deeper malaise, not a cause. And furthermore, what they also don't accept is that they are to a large degree responsible for that malaise by having pushed an unwelcome and ill-fitting cultural/political agenda onto a large number of people who didn't want it for decades.
It's exactly the same sense of cultural repression and censorship that resulted in the Brexit vote - people who have had a cultural and political agenda dictated to them for decades regardless of who they vote for suddenly getting a chance to kick back and doing so with a vengeance.
Basically, what we're seeing is the limits of the 'liberal consensus' being reached.

PSRB
09-12-2016, 10:03 AM

Well, I think the weekend's drama has pretty much screwed any chance of Hils winning. The Americans will never vote for a weak figurehead. Done and dusted now

Burney
09-12-2016, 10:25 AM
Well, I think the weekend's drama has pretty much screwed any chance of Hils winning. The Americans will never vote for a weak figurehead. Done and dusted now

Funny how the story went from 'Hillary's fine' and 'Anyone saying she's ill is a sexist' to 'It's just pneumonia, she'll be fine' in the space of a couple of hours. And as a result, of course, no-one believes it's 'just' pneumonia.

But all sorts of possibilities raise their heads. We could end up with thon commie Sanders running for President. :hehe: This could all get even more hilarious. :hehe:

Pat Vegas
09-12-2016, 10:28 AM
Funny how the story went from 'Hillary's fine' and 'Anyone saying she's ill is a sexist' to 'It's just pneumonia, she'll be fine' in the space of a couple of hours. And as a result, of course, no-one believes it's 'just' pneumonia.

But all sorts of possibilities raise their heads. We could end up with thon commie Sanders running for President. :hehe: This could all get even more hilarious. :hehe:

I've been following this quite closely. And they were going crazy just because she had that cough last week. Which she said is from allergies. Which is now lead to that special kind of pneumonia that only lasts a few days :shrug:

Plus all the talk of brain injury which she says is a conspiracy theory. Yet she used that excuse when being questioned by the FBI.

Trump is playing it smartly now. Just needs to keep doing what he is doing and he will win.

Burney
09-12-2016, 10:41 AM
I've been following this quite closely. And they were going crazy just because she had that cough last week. Which she said is from allergies. Which is now lead to that special kind of pneumonia that only lasts a few days :shrug:

Plus all the talk of brain injury which she says is a conspiracy theory. Yet she used that excuse when being questioned by the FBI.

Trump is playing it smartly now. Just needs to keep doing what he is doing and he will win.

Yes, but there's every chance that Trump will do something monumentally stupid, too.

Pat Vegas
09-12-2016, 10:43 AM
Yes, but there's every chance that Trump will do something monumentally stupid, too.

I think he should not indulge in too much Hillary bashing.
Hillary is doing a good enough job on her own.

Though the keep asking him to release his tax statements.

Burney
09-12-2016, 10:51 AM
I think he should not indulge in too much Hillary bashing.
Hillary is doing a good enough job on her own.

Though the keep asking him to release his tax statements.

Thing is, he has to be a bit outrageous as that's one of the things people like about him. He can't go too statesmanlike or people will go off him.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Still got a feeling Trump will win.

Burney
09-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Still got a feeling Trump will win.

I sincerely hope so. It would round off what's been an excellent year for politics very nicely.

Monty92
09-12-2016, 11:14 AM

I feel the same, but is a part of you not a little bit scared about the risks of someone as dangerously unqualified as Trump becoming president?

Mo Britain less Europe
09-12-2016, 11:14 AM
I'm not sure Trump will be good but I know Clinton will be bad.

Pat Vegas
09-12-2016, 11:21 AM
I feel the same, but is a part of you not a little bit scared about the risks of someone as dangerously unqualified as Trump becoming president?

If Trump wins it may be good overall for the US. As it would be a sign on how a large part of the population feels. It may shake up and lead to changes long term.

a bit like this brexit business.

Burney
09-12-2016, 11:25 AM

Not really. The idea that anyone is 'qualified' to be President of the USA is a ridiculous nonsense. All people usually mean by that is that the person is a professional politician, which seems to be exactly what people don't want.

Trump will make far less difference than anyone thinks. He's simply the left's favourite bogeyman who - because he's white, rich and American - they can vilify to their hearts' content without having to worry about compromising their SJW credibility. The fact that there are far, far worse people out there whom they are prepared not only to tolerate, but in some cases actively support never seems to occur to them.