PDA

View Full Version : So with everyone fully fit, our midfield should be...?

Lady Henry AKA The African Queen
09-08-2016, 05:03 PM
And do you think it should change depending whether we are home or away, or who we play?
Should we be adjusting or imposing?

Rich
09-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Alexis Ozil Ox/Theo
Ramsey Xhaka

But obviously we'll only have all of the above fit for the same game on less than five occasions this season.

Lady Henry AKA The African Queen
09-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Alexis Ozil Ox/Theo
Ramsey Xhaka

But obviously we'll only have all of the above fit for the same game on less than five occasions this season.

Lol.
I am more of a Santi and Coquelin/ El Neny in the Ramsay/ Xhaka role

I like Xhaka but feel he may get sent off - especially away from home.
Ramsay I feel needs to be more advanced

Mo Britain less Europe
09-08-2016, 09:40 PM
Xhaka got two yellows in two minutes the other night against Portugal.

I expect Costa is rubbing his hands in anticipation of our approaching game against Chelsea.

Arsenes' Wanger
09-09-2016, 12:42 AM
Xhaka, Santi, Elneni, Ozil, Alexis behind anyone but Giroud. Rambo and Coq on bench to either freshen up attack or increase work rate.
We would run teams off their feet and give Ozil the cover to find space to do his work.

eastgermanautos
09-09-2016, 05:05 AM
Alexis Ozil Ox/Theo
Ramsey Xhaka

Ramsey, what a complete joke. He should be scooping gelatos somewhere.

eastgermanautos
09-09-2016, 05:08 AM
Xhaka got two yellows in two minutes the other night against Portugal.

I expect Costa is rubbing his hands in anticipation of our approaching game against Chelsea.

I mean, thank god, right? Somebody who is not afraid of a little pushing and shoving. We haven't had that since, what's his name? Eboue.

eastgermanautos
09-09-2016, 05:16 AM
I mean, thank god, right? Somebody who is not afraid of a little pushing and shoving. We haven't had that since, what's his name? Eboue.

I suppose van Persie a bit, the rat filth.

World's End Stella
09-09-2016, 07:44 AM
Ramsey, what a complete joke. He should be scooping gelatos somewhere.

Hello ega, I don't know you but allow me to say that you seem a fine chap and clearly know your football.

Well played.

Luis Anaconda
09-09-2016, 08:23 AM
Hello ega, I don't know you but allow me to say that you seem a fine chap and clearly know your football.

Well played.

He's a Yank, Wes. Which is why he knows nothing

Sir C
09-09-2016, 08:24 AM
He's a Yank, Wes. Which is why he knows nothing

Wes is a Yank-lite though. Does that mean he knows more than a full Septic, or even less?

It's a tricky won, la.

Luis Anaconda
09-09-2016, 08:31 AM
Wes is a Yank-lite though. Does that mean he knows more than a full Septic, or even less?

It's a tricky won, la.

Hard to say - he makes up for what he doesn't know by being even louder, more overbearing and ruder than even the average yank. Basically not being full Septic makes him try harder

SWv2
09-09-2016, 08:37 AM
Xhaka plays 99% of games, you don’t pay £40m of your sterling pounds and leave the **** on the bench. Factor in also that he appears on early evidence to be a special and rounded player, more so than any other in the side.

Perm any of Cazorla, Ramsey and Elneny as dictated by form, fitness and opposition.

Easy.

World's End Stella
09-09-2016, 08:39 AM
Hard to say - he makes up for what he doesn't know by being even louder, more overbearing and ruder than even the average yank. Basically not being full Septic makes him try harder

This is bullying of the highest order. I won't stand for it.

Where's Headgear?

World's End Stella
09-09-2016, 08:44 AM
Xhaka plays 99% of games, you don’t pay £40m of your sterling pounds and leave the **** on the bench. Factor in also that he appears on early evidence to be a special and rounded player, more so than any other in the side.

Perm any of Cazorla, Ramsey and Elneny as dictated by form, fitness and opposition.

Easy.

That's a nice way of avoiding the difficult question, N. Yes, there will be plenty of opportunity for multiple players in that position due to injury, fatigue etc. However, Wenger's history suggests that he likes a settled first 11, so assuming we don't have too many injuries (stop laughing now), which two of Cazorla, Elneny, Ramsey, Walcott, Ox and Iwobi will play with Xhaka, Ozil and Sanchez in the important matches?

It should be Cazorla and Walcott imo, maybe Ox or Iwobi instead of Theo if either of them shows significant improvement this year. My bet is that it will be Cazorla and Ramsey.

SWv2
09-09-2016, 08:53 AM
That's a nice way of avoiding the difficult question, N. Yes, there will be plenty of opportunity for multiple players in that position due to injury, fatigue etc. However, Wenger's history suggests that he likes a settled first 11, so assuming we don't have too many injuries (stop laughing now), which two of Cazorla, Elneny, Ramsey, Walcott, Ox and Iwobi will play with Xhaka, Ozil and Sanchez in the important matches?

It should be Cazorla and Walcott imo, maybe Ox or Iwobi instead of Theo if either of them shows significant improvement this year. My bet is that it will be Cazorla and Ramsey.

I didn’t really know what the question was to be honest.

First choice midfield duo, or “pivot” to use the modern terminology, is Xhaka and Ramsey. I do like Cazorla, a lot, but the athleticism that the Welsh brings just puts him ahead for me. Now there is of course Elneny who also brings this and has impressed enormously in his short time. Very harsh to be ruling him out of automatic selection based on his career to date.

Now, Walcott or Iwobi, a tough one. We are currently seduced by Walcott as he has done okay and when he does okay we like him, we think he is okay. Then we remember he is a bit ****, and a massive ****. So Iwobi.

Perez then. Because Giroud is also a ****, a massive one in fact.

Tony C
09-09-2016, 09:21 AM
I don't really care as long as Xhaka & Santi are sitting in front of the back 4

You probably got to go back as far as Gilberto and Parlour to get the last time we had 2 quality individuals in front of our back 4.

Alexis-Ozil-Ox would be my other 3.

Although if Ozil can perform a Pires type role then you can just him and Alexis with Lucas and Giroud up front...which might be better vs sides parking the bus and holding out for a draw / lucky goal.

World's End Stella
09-09-2016, 09:45 AM
First choice midfield duo, or “pivot” to use the modern terminology, is Xhaka and Ramsey.

I pray will all my heart that this isn't true. Ramsey has had plenty of opportunity in that role and has been poor far too often. His idea of positional play is to endlessly run forward and play off the striker as much as possible leaving us wide open to counter attacking football. Even Wenger mentioned this when he referred to improved balance in the team when he dropped Ramsey and replaced him with Elneny. The wee Spanish midget isn't exactly Gilberto, but he's a wonderful footballer and holds his position very well. He's also brilliant at keeping the ball, which is imperative to how we play. The Welsher seems more adept at giving it away. Doing so on the right isn't so bad, doing it in the middle of the pitch is suicidal.

Plus, and this is crucial, Ramsey is Welsh.

SWv2
09-09-2016, 10:00 AM
I pray will all my heart that this isn't true. Ramsey has had plenty of opportunity in that role and has been poor far too often. His idea of positional play is to endlessly run forward and play off the striker as much as possible leaving us wide open to counter attacking football. Even Wenger mentioned this when he referred to improved balance in the team when he dropped Ramsey and replaced him with Elneny. The wee Spanish midget isn't exactly Gilberto, but he's a wonderful footballer and holds his position very well. He's also brilliant at keeping the ball, which is imperative to how we play. The Welsher seems more adept at giving it away. Doing so on the right isn't so bad, doing it in the middle of the pitch is suicidal.

Plus, and this is crucial, Ramsey is Welsh.

Well we have debated this in an adult way on many occasions and we both agreed that if Ramsey is not selected centrally then his being asked to play on the right is a square peg and round hole scenario which is both unfair to him as a player but also to the detriment of the side.

So, central or sell.

In summary, the former.

I don’t hate the Welsh. In fact his Caerphilly origins are a massive bonus as it means on the (increasingly rare) occasions I visit there I can reflect on the positives instead of realising what an incredibly massive ****house it is.

World's End Stella
09-09-2016, 10:16 AM
Well we have debated this in an adult way on many occasions and we both agreed that if Ramsey is not selected centrally then his being asked to play on the right is a square peg and round hole scenario which is both unfair to him as a player but also to the detriment of the side.

So, central or sell.

In summary, the former.

I don’t hate the Welsh. In fact his Caerphilly origins are a massive bonus as it means on the (increasingly rare) occasions I visit there I can reflect on the positives instead of realising what an incredibly massive ****house it is.

Yeah but he's an England-hating Welsher. Did you see the huge smile on his face when England were knocked out of the Euros?

Mind you, as he's Welsh he might have been smiling because he was seeing television for the first time.